ZBrushCentral

H.L. Projects

Hello,
Here is a maquette of the Tin Man I did. I switched from traditional sculpting to full time digital sculpting at work about 9 months ago.
The face is ZBrush, torso and funnel is Maya.

Heather Lawless

TinMan1.jpg

Attachments

TinMan3.jpg

cool! nice work! cant wait to see more of your stuff

Wow, this character is one of my preferred in my childhood :slight_smile: . Your work is amazing… so clean and perfect…

Please, if you Print your work, post here some pictures… .
I know your company and I like prototyping precss.
Can you teach us some tips for build a good 3D model to print out?

I know that we must build only volumes, never surfaces, but what about objects proprieties? It must be one, unique, mesh with common volume or can be many volumes grouped?
Can you tell us, in few words, how works a rapid prototyping machines? Thanks and compliments,

Mattia

That is a great likeness to the original character. I look forward to watching this progress further.

Jack

Tin Man looks just about perfect to me, really looks like the character from the old musical Wizard of Oz from 1939. Would be great to see a full body on this one. Great work and will be really interesting to see your future works!

Very nice representation!

What he said.

mdale13- Thanks! I hope to get a chance to post more soon.

Hal899- Thank you. Well, as for the printing process, I really don’t know much about that end of things.We Zbrushers work within a pipeline. After we are done in Zbrush we pass our exported files on to someone knowledgeable with other software programs and with the 3D printer. Its a team effort and I don’t know exactly how they do it beyond my hands.
As to your question about ‘one, unique, mesh’ - no. We export many meshes.
This one was done several months ago and I don’t have a print of it, but if I find one I will post it.

Jack999, Eonsu, AA-ron, and poda- Thank you very much. :slight_smile: This was finished as a torso and head only, so there isn’t any more to this sculpt that what is seen here. I also did the scarecrow similarly,just a bust.

-Heather

Can we see the crow too? :smiley: (curious)

Working on this at home to relax and learn more about ZB.
I love the Ralph Stumph materials.

aa sm.jpg

Attachments

aaa sm.jpg

Just wanted to say “Lovely”!!

Stunning images Heather…nice one

Very nice work Heather !
Love it that the giraffe is actually chewing !

Cu
Lucky

Wow, great! Great to see you have the tool to make this shape!
:confused:

one word it looks cute :slight_smile:

Thank you all for the comments, I appreciate the feedback.
Hopefully I will get some time to take this further, and maybe try some poly painting again. I have tried it once so far and need to re-visit the tutorials again.

great stuff heather. really like the tin man aswell.
where do you work? -sounds great, that you do zbrush sculpts fulltime, now.

-r

Hi abyss103,
Thank you very much. :slight_smile: I work at Gentle Giant Studios in Burbank, Ca. I have been there for almost 8 years now, and the switch to digital has been really exciting and rewarding.

Hi Heather! Great work on the TinMan and the Giraffe.:+1: If I may ask, how did you do the hair on the Giraffe?

Hi anand, Thanks!
I meant to post back to you here but I lost track of time. All I did was take 1 hair and cloned it into bunches.
Thanks for looking. :slight_smile: