ZBrushCentral

Jesse Sandifer's Sketchbook

Hey fellow ZBrushers! I thought it might be a fun idea to start a thread for my sculpts. Some of them may be full out long term projects, some of them may be doodles, and some will be from some speed challenges I like to enter. Here’s one of them that just got me 4th place over at threedy.com. It was for the Archangel challenge - 6 hours. Thanks! :slight_smile:

archangel_redo04.jpg

Attachments

archangel03a.jpg

archangel_redo03.jpg

archangel02a.jpg

WOW!
Impressive work. Cant wait to see more…

Thanks Pegasus! :slight_smile: Here’s another speed sculpt I just finished - a pirate! aaaaaarrrrrgh…5 hrs

Timelapse - Part I

Timelapse - Part II

pirate01.jpg

Attachments

pirate03.jpg

pirate02.jpg

Here’s a bishop character I just completed for a friend of mine’s art book. And it’s NOT a speed sculpt for once! HA!

Zbrush model and render. Added some highlights and effects in photoshop. :slight_smile:

bishop_portrait.jpg

Love the expression! Your really fast! 5 hours and a posed hand!

Ahh, very nice Jesse. Intriguing pose and expression. This is your best work yet. Great lighting effect too.

The folds in the cloth are also fantastic.

Solid works! The expression of the characters is great like womball said but I think the Bishop nostril looks kinda weird. Keep up the good work!

womball: well, the bishop definitely took me more than 5 hours. It wasn’t a speed sculpt if that’s what you were thinking! I wish! :slight_smile:

rodin: thanks so much! That’s great to hear from an artist like you. Love your stuff.

silent_fox: thanks for the crit. I didn’t notice the nostrils till you mentioned it. I’ll have to have a look at that soon. Somehow light got through there I guess! :o Btw, your sketchbook thread’s got some really great work too! Your latest post of your female character is looking great.

Hi Sandpiper :):)…Love ya work:).Your Bishops really good.The staff is great.Your drapery is very good :).
Well done :)…

Worked on the nostrils a bit in photoshop and also added a bit of noise to the light effect. I’ll get some zoomed in shots posted soon.

[attach=105366]bishop_final.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

bishop_final.jpg

A closeup of the face with the lighting effect off. I’ll try to get some zbrush preview shots posted too.

[attach=105367]bishop_finalface.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

bishop_finalface.jpg

His nose looks abit odd,i would fix that,.and ya little pinky on the staff hand needs some work…but its very good.the expression is great.his ears look really good:).nice works:)

More face:
[attach=105368]face.jpg[/attach]

A little turnaround:
all.jpg

The staff:
[attach=105370]staff.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

face.jpg

staff.jpg

Thanks for the crit fellas. I’m still not sure what about the nose is looking strange to you guys but I guess that’s because I’ve been staring at this guy for too long. : )

I was trying to go off a description I got of a bishop character in a friend of mine’s proposed book. He was described as a man with a hawk like face and quite thin. So I took that more as an inspiration and tried to give him facial characteristics that made him look a little different than usual.

Awesome that Bishop, amazing workmanship :slight_smile:

I agree with the others though, his nostril looks like his been snorting too many lines!

aaaaahhhhh, yeah I see that TrackZ. I was beginning to wonder. Yeah, I should have modeled in some giant nose hairs to go with those huge nostril holes eh? :slight_smile: hahaha…good crit guys.

hi
I’ve never used Zbrush but I’m impressed. I don’t think I’ll continue doing illustration the traditional way (photoshop and painter). It looks like I can start practicing to begin my adventures in 3D soon (Mac based).

Great work. Amazing potential.

great character man!

Artytom: Yeah, Zbrush is not your ordinary modeling software. It can do some pretty sweet stuff. I would definitely check it out if I were you.

andy.chen: Thanks man! Nice plug on your Ghostmaster model. What a crazy design!

Ok so here’s another 4 hour speed sculpt I finished for 3DCreative Magazine over at 3DTotal.com. There’s also a tutorial to go along with it so click here if you’d like to have a look. He’s another pirate but this one was the first concept I rolled with when I started doing the pirate theme. The speed sculpt that’s already in my sketchbook was actually created after this one. And yes, I realize the treasure chest is kinda simple and lame. :wink:

Anywhoo, here he is:

pirate_new02.jpg

Attachments

pirate_new01.jpg

pirate_new03.jpg

pirate_new_turnaround.jpg

Congrats on a great piece, it was very interesting reading the article… your process was great and easy to follow! The slightly gollum feel came across too!

Thanks for showing it off to us.

Jon