ZBrushCentral

"Harry" presented at Siggraph

Hi my fellow Zbrushers!!!

I’m happy to present today my Sculpt of “Harry” the hero of the new Steambotstudios.com artbook due for Halloween.
The concept is from my good friends and great artists Joel dos reis viegas AKA Feerik and Thierry Doizon AKA Barontieri

A big thanks to the great guys from Offloadstudios.com who made the 3d print
and their photographer Duncan Turner.

I was suppose to show this statue and give a little presentation today at the Siggraph and Gnomon,
but unfortunately I had a problem at the US customs
(I had a valid passport but apparently I needed an electronic passport) :frowning: by chance the statue is still being presented.

I hope you guys will enjoy it!
thanks to Jaime and the whole pixologic team (I wish I was there with you guys).

lilsister10.jpg

I coudl not upload all the pictures at once so there is the second batch

Really nice job! The real sculpture came out pretty good! :smiley:

I have two of my works printed in a board at Zbrush’s booth… there any chance to talk with the guys there? A nice photo will be nice to see what’s happening there! But until now… no news about Zbrush’s booth at Siggraph 2008… :confused:

Hugs,
-malanjo

wowwwwwwwwww brutal anatomy and render!!! fabulous :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nice work! Shame about Siggraph. Had no idea you planned on being there, would have been cool to say hi in person haha. Unfortunaly I wont be making it either so oh well. I’ve seen some amazing stuff come out of Offload studios, I’m really itchin to give RPing a try.

Super work. Fantastic characer

Great as always reminds me of your general image :+1:

great sculpt and print!

Alex Oliver

Nice sculpt man.

btw, i thought that the electronic passport was extended by a few years?! ( until 2009-2010 or so?! )

I really love this one, fantastic personallity and design. Love all your works really.

That´s a pretty awesome model you have there and the 3D print looks great! Bravo!

The 3d printing looks outsanding man waow :+1:

Great sculpt, that print has so much detail its insane.

Great work as always!
No timelapse vids this time :)?

i always love ur style of sculpt man
really good job and can’t wait for the art book :smiley:
Jason

Great sculpt. I saw the 2D print at the ZB booth. Looked great. I hope that I get to see the 3D print tonight, wish I could have shaken your hand, so I guess a virtual one will have to do.

Congrats to you!

Peace-NickZ. :slight_smile:

Such an amazing work! :+1: :+1: Love the statue as well!

awesome as always David !

L

Wow that came out really nice in the print. Now we gota start some kind of print club and fill our houses with statues!! If only I could finish something to get printed too…

Joel told me about the passport thing yesterday, that really sucks I can imagine how disappointing it was after all the prep. So I guess relax this week, catch up on some new zbrush. And we’ll see you next week hopefully refreshed :sunglasses:

Thanks so much for all the nice words and comments and for the moral support!
I can’t wait to have some photos from Siggraph and to also see the statue for real!

In the meantime a few more renders!

this one is rendered in 3ds max 9

[<!--[attach=103207]harry-in-max.jpg[/attach]-->](http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27103207%27,%27harry-in-max.jpg%27,1,0%29)

this render is done in Zbrush with a couple of passes (the texture is polypainted).