Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Demons and a Dinosaur

I'd like to show the sum of my ZBrush efforts which I've managed to squeeze between the cracks of full-time employment and family life. I've learned a lot from these projects, and I hope you enjoy having a look. Any comments are appreciated.

The first is a Stygimoloch dinosaur which I did for school. It was started from ZSpheres and re-topo'd after blocking out the basic form. It's a little over 10 million polys. The eyes are slightly modified from a Deer Eyes material which someone generously offered to the ZBC community. I would give credit if I could remember who it was

Stygi Heads2.jpg

Stygi2.jpg Stygi Back.jpg

Stygi Feet.jpg Stygi Hands.jpg

Next is the Cacodemon. Some might remember a year ago when I first had a go at this. I basically made it a direct translation of the original monster, and never finished it. I was heavily inspired after Id Software announced Doom 4, and this is the result.

Cacodemon.jpg

Caco Sides.jpg

I also went ahead and re-made two more of the classic Doom monsters, in classic Doom style (which I hope they will return to!). These are the Imp and Lost Soul, minus some fire effects. Both were quick zketches - roughly 10 hours for the Imp and 4 for the Lost Soul... which is quick by my standards :P. Both were also begun from base meshes generously donated to ZBC by fellow members of the forum... now heavily modified from the original basic male and skull meshes that they were.

Imp.jpg Imp Head.jpg

Lost Soul.jpg Lost Soul2.jpg

Turntables of each of these models can be found at the link below. I tried embedding them, but it downgraded the quality to the point that they weren't worth looking at.

http://www.vimeo.com/user751822/videos
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stygi Heads.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	197.7 KB 
ID:	108312   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stygi.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	108315   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imp Head.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	104.8 KB 
ID:	108323  

Looks like your ZBrush efforts are off to a good start. Nice use of colors in particular. Double props to you for gettin this stuff done while working full time and doing the family thing. I always find that impressive.

I've never been a big fan of Christmas, but I've had this image in my head for so long now and it just... works.

SantaCaco.jpg

Merry Christmas!

Really like the earthy tones on the dinosaur! And I thought the Cacodemon was a Beholder at first glance. Nice work!
    Threads: * - * -* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * / Tuts: * - * - * - *

I love the work on this dinosaur, especially the scales. Amazing work here

I can't believe I missed replies on my thread, thanks Sora Na and Marsyas!

and a long overdue thanks to fattkid :P