Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Post The Incredible Hulk

Hi All,

This is my interpretation of The Hulk.

I started off with zspheres and made an adaptive skin. Total poly count is 2.5 million.

I've pretty much finished the texturing of the model. I will post a final rendering as soon as I've worked out how to use the fibre brush to make a hairdo that doesn't look like a toilet brush.

Any comments/critiques are welcome.

Cheers!

Paul

super! very good modelling, can you show the model zsphere? highly that you the character colors!

sorry for my poor english

Member Follow User Gallery

Have you given any thought on how to animate or pose your character?

His proportions and musculature are a bit off in my opinion. Otherwise, a good effort.

this model is excellent, can't wait to see him textured mate!!

post more!

Just got in from partying....bachelor party and I am the best man for the wedding....anyhoo...stopped by and you thread caught my eye....excellant modelling...very clean....if I were to offer an critique it woudl be the abs are a bit ..and I say a bit with tongue in cheek....over exagerated...but then again we are talking the Hulk....and that is the sum of the character to begin with...so I think all in all you did an excellant job!!! Can't wait to see him painted and textured.....

I like your interpretation. pretty cool model. I really like the creases in the shorts around the crotch area...seem pretty real the others ....maybe,but I await to see some texturing to see how they play out! Really the only thing that bugs me is the back pockets but that too might just be lighting etc.....look foreward to seeing it textured. hehhee edit....oh yeah.....wouldn't the shorts be a bit ripped up from when the hulk becomes the hulk? Maybe thats what's missing? Otherwise.....

ya did a great job.

Thanks for the feedback. I'm getting a better understanding of ZB now. There are a couple of areas that I think I will rework a bit having stood back and looked at the renderings, for instance the abdominals. Thats what I like about ZB, just drop down a couple of subdiv levels and move things around.

Modelling such a unnaturally muscular character is quite difficult proportions wise. I've tried to keep it less muscular than the movie hulk, which I thought started to look bloated. Which proportions/ musclulature do you mean specifically conchito?

I've got ZB on a different machine to the one I use for the internet and the renderings look quite different displayed on each monitor. I think I probably spent longer fiddling with lighting than modelling!!! I setup a light on the bottom right to highlight the back-pockets and abdominals, otherwise they were nearly invisible. However on this monitor they do stand out a mile!

I'll post some more images later today including a zspheres model for comette. Thanks for the advice.

Paul

Impressive cartoonish style. How many polys?

Here's some revisions I've made to the model:

Also here is the zsphere base:

Paul

Have to say the updated version is coming along nicely. Like the reworked front abs etc and the back looks 100% better!! Keep up the good work!

Thanks a lot aminuts. I'm pretty happy with the modelling now. Most of the modelling technique was learned from Dave Cardwell's excellent zscript. So thanks for that Dave! There aren't really enough polys around the short edges to add a more ripped up effect and my computer wont let me subdivide again.

Texturing is proving quite difficult. The green skin is a suprisingly difficult colour to work with as any attempt to add subtle variations to make it lifelike either don't show up on renders or stick out a mile. The shorts were easy to texture and are looking pretty good. I've now tried to use a modified quadshader based around the one strike created in the practical manual. As a basic colour it looks good but the fact that it looks totally different in the render view to the work view again makes painting details a bit trial and error.

Are their any good zscripts geared around human style skin texturing techniques anybody can suggest? Most seem to focus on modelling.

Also anybody know if there are any Zbrush books coming out? The practical guide is excellent but I'm finding resources to understand the materials etc more are hard to find. Maybe an extended version of the prac guide could be published. I know I'd buy it.

Thanks,

Paul

You can start by reading this:

Aurick's Projection Master tutorial

and then this:

Skycastle's Rhino Skin

to get you started. Also watch the Projection Master scripts included with Z2. Remember you can hold the CTRL key while your mouse is over menus or buttons in Z2 to get further explanations on stuff that might help too.

I can't really remember any specific stuff about materials. even the manual for 1.55b I thought was a mite lacking in that department.

have you tried using a green color with the colorized spray stoke to give you multi-colored green? There is also a way to use two colors at once but I don't have Z in front of me at the moment to remind myself how to do it...I'll try to post that a bit later if I can.

The head is really small.

You could lower a bit the biceps

The front torso is a bit "blocky", the back is fine

Great work
    I really like your Hulk version

Stargo

Default my interpretation of hulk

hi, your model is very very cool, this is my interpretation of hulk.
    bye bye pinkio.HI_POLY (7).jpg HI_POLY (8).jpg HI_POLY (9).jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast