ZBrushCentral

Halloween Challenge 2008 - Peter Soderbaum

Hey this sounds like a lot of fun :smiley:
Not sure how far I’ll get in this contest as I’m very busy atm, but its worth a shot :wink:
And a great oppertunity to learn!

Ok, now to go off and concept :evil:

spoooOOooooky stuff

up late I see mate… First in too… good luck with this;) I loook forward to seeing what pops out here

OK, it was a while coming, but here is what i shall “attempt” to do for this comp :slight_smile:

Its a little hard to see whats going on, I’m no sketch master so here is the un modified version:

So its a guy being dragged back into a doorway OOooozing with “darkness”. A sort of slimy evil goo.

Hopefully I’ll be able to make something of it :stuck_out_tongue:

OK, sculpt has begun!

I used the super average man as a base seeing as i wanted to just jump in and “do it!” and not worry too much about a base mesh.
I did make a body out of zsphere’s to practice, and in the future i think I’ll set aside some time to make my own base mesh for my projects…but for now…Mr Super average will do :wink:

Here he is posed

and here’s the begining’s of the sculpt. Lots to do. will update soon.

Small update.

Working with the clothing.

Little teeny update.

Another update :wink:

Going to do his hands next, Work on the Ooze some more, and in general refine his cloths, face and hair.

But its getting there :smiley:

ok, few more things worked on.

Will replace the sculpted eyes with subtool eyes later on i think.

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww…wonderful concept and sculpt. Cannot wait to see this painted.

www.peterminister.com

Like the idea much, great sculpting…nice concept …the ooze!

Rotate that right hand! If I’m trying to get the h-e-double away, I’m clawing up the dirt as I slide back into the pit… :smiley:

ooh not a bad observation :stuck_out_tongue:
Its a hang over from the original concept that had the guy reaching for a flashlight, but that was cause it was “darkness” that was eating him, doesn’t make as much sense here i guess.

He could be reaching out to grab something maybe?
I’ll try and rotate it and see how it goes.
Will be a good test of transpose :stuck_out_tongue:

And Thanks for all the positive comments guys, means a lot :wink:

Here’s a small update for tonight. Can’t stop playing with matcaps…man so much fun lol.

Ok New update.
Starting to finish up here. Decided after thinking about it (time constraints included) That I’ll keep the hand as is. I want it to be a sort of last ditch effort…a hopless grasp as he gets pulled under. The sort of scene from a B-Movie poster :wink:

but we’re nearing the end here, Learnt a LOT doing this sculpt. Almost time to start on the next one :smiley:

Dude… Nice.

One thing that sticks out to me. Where the creeping thing is resting on his right arm. It appears to be conforming to the wrinkles on the shirt. Shouldn’t it be pressing them down?

Thanks billrobertson42 :slight_smile:

Good point, I’ll try to rework that tonight. Its getting hard to see this model objectively any more lol.

Nice work and good idea, cant wait to see it finished.

ok :smiley:

Ran out of time, Couldn’t make any changes to the model in the end, but I’m still quite happy with it none the less.

Here it is!

B movie goodness :lol:

(EDIT updated below, but if this entry is the only one that ends up counting here’s the link to the version i posted yesterday.)

:+1: :+1: The 60’s! I loved those Saturday Matinées.

OK, made some small tweaks to the final work, now i’m much more content thinking of it as “finished”

Here it is (again :lol: )
Also it has the correct name as per the rules of this challenge.
No idea what time it is in the US but hopefully this will make it in on time.

hmmm, damn it looks like I read the rules wrong, i though it was due on the 31st not the 30th.
Well…hope the mods are feeling lenient and will allow this slight slip (as its no change to the mesh right, just the setting :stuck_out_tongue: )

Hey, I just want to say very awesome piece! Really love it! Great job! :+1: :+1: