Quote Originally Posted by RiVvenGuard
    i think this is the most goriest thing Ive seen on this site lol...

dislocated-09.jpg

So it seems as though I should do some post work on this; I know that the flaps of skin should flop down a bit but with the subtools on there (poor planning) I think I'm going to leave it.

As far as it's value as an entry in the halloween challenge; I think that this one plays heavily on the gore factor like some old really tasty slasher movie.

I'm happy where it ended up and I'm open to suggestion but I'm excited to move on to something else now. If anyone sees anything really obvious please don't hesitate to point it out and I'll take another crack at it. ZBrush is getting kind of unstable at this point on my iMac. I need to get another gig of ram I think.

8 mil polys, seven subtools.

Apr├Ęs mois.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

woah, 8 mill polys, thats bigish, i think my sys can get to 7 haha.

the gore factor is definitely up there. with the subtools, what do you mean? which parts? i can imagine the teeth, but what else? for the skin flaps you could just move and rotate them around then sculpt it so it flows better. I think maybe change the lighting to a more dramatic feel, eg csi etc. also add a bg, maybe a tiled floor and blur is for dof.

loving the entry

New Member Follow User Gallery

Default for consideration

looks good, however i would make the flesh from the bottom of the jaw drop not rigged and stiff, this would give it more of a realism effect.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

What a jaw-dropping image!

People generally render out multiple versions of their image, each with a different material applied to the whole model. These versions are then cut away to where they're needed in a layers-supporting package, like Photoshop. This allows for blended materials and soft transitions from one to another.

Cheers,

R

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12