ZBrushCentral

Male Face WIP - be harsh!

Hi there,

I’ve been sculpting this face for a few days now, and I thought that it might be a good idea to upload it for you guys to critique. So please do so, and be extra harsh!

I’m a little new to the whole Zbrush thing, this is pretty much my first real sculpt.

I hope you like it!

N.B. how do i use alphas (i bought a set of 60 skin alphas online) to replicate his skin? Is it something to do with P.M? i have searched the forums, but I can’t seem to find anything. In timelapse vids on youtube it seems like they are painting on the alphas, but i can’t seem to do this… could you give me a hand?

Thanks!

Front.JPG

Attachments

Side.JPG

Perspective.JPG

probably best off starting with gathering reference to study. i would focus on the sculpting and get solid at that before you get into the fine details like pores and such. work on the basics first before you go spending money on alphas.

one thing ya might want to do with this head sculpt is maybe just define the features a little more. i think the eyes are fine. the cheeks need a little more definition. possibly a litttle more with the jaw bone. beyond that i think youve got a good start. Id agree with MP, a little reference is always a good idea.