ZBrushCentral

Seavannah's sketchbook-some Nudity

Well I thought I would start a new thread with all the things I have been doing lately. Hope you all like. I have finally learned enough ZB on the technical side that I am finally ready to stop playing and start learning and practicing sculpting and textures. Most things are not finished, or even close cause I stopped everything to do the Halloween challenge…yea, I finally finished something, and low and behold it was sent on time lol.

[attach=113464]falltreegrove003.jpg[/attach]
This was a test run for the Halloween challenge- only one tree used in this pic and it was my first. Every thing else done in Photoshop. In actuality the finished picture only consists of two trees taken at different angles using zapplink.

[attach=113460]WhiteWitch.jpg[/attach] [attach=113463]dresses2.jpg[/attach] [attach=113465]treesnleaves3.jpg[/attach] [attach=113466]Shacks.jpg[/attach]
These are big shots of all the components of my Halloween pic.
To see the finished piece click here

http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=64214

Hope ya all had a good Halloween.:evil: :eek: :evil:

Attachments

WhiteWitch.jpg

dresses2.jpg

falltreegrove003.jpg

treesnleaves3.jpg

Shacks.jpg

Here is some temple stuff I have been working on.
templestuff001c.jpg

[attach=113469]socratesNfacetile3.jpg[/attach]
This is my Socrates head will be redoing him and hopefully better than this but is my first try at a sculpture. The face tile in the middle is going to be a small tile on a wall with other tiles.

[attach=113468]unicorn004.jpg[/attach]
Yes a unicorn goes in the temple for it is the Unicorn God’s temple.

Attachments

unicorn004.jpg

socratesNfacetile3.jpg

This is my elf girl she is not finished but starting better than I was before on bodies and faces.
[attach=113470]elfgirl003.jpg[/attach]

[attach=113471]eye003.jpg[/attach]
These are my tries at eyes. The green ones were done by taking a pic of my own eyes and making them into a texture. I used Projection Master for that.:smiley:

Attachments

elfgirl003.jpg

eye003.jpg

These are different shapes created by masks and extractions.
[attach=113472]shapes2.jpg[/attach]

[attach=113473]misc003.jpg[/attach]
This is my try at the samurai sword tut and a dragon claw I have been working on.

Attachments

shapes2.jpg

misc003.jpg

And these are my mushrooms that will go into a pic tribute to Brian Froud.
[attach=113474]mush001.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

mush001.jpg

Hey Seavannah
nice too see you’ve started a sketch book:).
This is the best way to learn. Keep practicing and keep inspired.

Wish you all the luck :wink:

Thanx BrettSinclair and again congradulations on the interview and top row. I was sick for some time so it was very nice to see you aknowlaged by ZB when I got better enough to get online. :smiley: Wish you all the luck as well. Happy Zbrushing and take care.

Hello all been a while… Been busy getting ready to move in a 2 days. It is just a temp move got to do it again once I find my happy little home (unfortunately without my doggie. She just died last night. She was 1 day from being 13 human years old, I don’t get it her sister died 1 month before she would have been 13… I am beginning to think it is an unlucky #.

I thought I would post something it’s been soo long. This is…well this was going to be an entry to Gnomon Monthly Contest but since I think I missed the deadline by a few hours…I am beginning to think Contests are unlucky for me, too lol.

Meet Grandpa Average Joe:
70 years of age.
Highly honored Veteran whom has a vast amount of medals of honor including 2 purple hearts.
Has worked since he was 11 years of age.
Paid his taxes every year.
Votes every election.
Is a Great Father and a Grandpa to his children and their children.
And just got off work at Wal-Mart to find a whole bunch of bills and denied letters.

Programs used: Make human 3d, ZB, 3ds Max8, Photoshop
ragesoftheagescoloa.jpg

[attach=151233]roa2gcolob.jpg[/attach]

I am going to do more with him and not quite happy with his face will texture it one day. Am proud of the long johns though. That was a lot of work square by square. I textured it after moving it I will never do that again.

Hope it’s not too political, :mad:I hate politics:mad:.

Attachments

roa2gcolob.jpg

Helloooooooo Seavannah,

First, I`m really sorry to hear that your dog died.
Big hug. :frowning:

I really missed you and Im so glad youre back.
For some reason I`ve never seen your sketchbook thread before. :o
I especially love the mushroom and Veteran Grandpa Joe is great.

I had a discussion about german and american politics last night with a friend from Arizona who has been here some time ago as exchange student. Wal-mart, government, taxes, health care… weve been talking about 7 hours or so. No Zbrush last night. :cool: Politic is very important but dont worry – no political debates here at ZBC. I PROMISE. :wink:

The long johns look great. :smiley: Square by square?!!! Whooo :eek:
Isnt there an easier way? I havent tried something like that yet but if these kind of things have to be done like that, then I certainly WON`t try it. :smiley:

I wish you the very best, Seavannah.
Take care and come back soon.

Sorry about ya doggy…
I like ya mushroom and the old man…Some nice works…

Mooni- Hey there girl. Thanx 4 the hug I needed it:cry: . Thanx for your kind words on the old guy lol. Sorry about the no zb last night :wink: but it sounds that you had a good talk with you friend. Yeah he will be apart of my Rages of the Ages series that I am going to do, I have another that is even more of a dozy but my art ability is not yet up for the task as of yet.f a dozy but my art ability is not yet up for the task as of yet.:confused:

The square by square was my choice to have to do. See I placed him into zb already moved and no symmetry to work with. if you have symmetry you can use the radial semidry and play with the spacing of the brush you are using. I also didn’t use the projection master because it wasn’t giving me deep enough groves and that will help it go faster sometimes.

The first two times I textured his clothing took a bit of time. The third was the charm and I did it in about an hour :sunglasses: It would have been much faster to have symmetry. For good textures that can be zoomed in really well it takes a bit of time. Once you get the hang of it and get your brush set up right it goes quickly. :grimacing:small_orange_diamond:warning: Ohhhh clone and save the brush as soon as you get it set right, that was another mistake and the reason I had to start it a second time.:grimacing: :warning:
You take care and hope you have fun in all you do.:smiley:

DELTATHUND3R- thanx for the kind words. I think I am getting better at sculpting…slowly, lol. Take care and happy zbrushing.:smiley:

Helloooo country girl! :slight_smile:
Hehe, yep, I had a GOOD talk. Always a massive experience to talk with people who are of a different opinion. :smiley:

On the squares, are you sure theres no easier way? If you hide a part of it and click on S.pivot ..then sculpt and when your done click on C.Pivot? I havent tried it yet but perhaps it would work.
Anyways, you`re done yet.:smiley:

See you.:wink:

:smiley: Mooni:D -

I don’t know much about the S and C pivots so have no idea. I am sure there are a few ways to do textures than just the ones I know. I did need the long js to be deeply grooved more so than most of the clothing I have sculpted. It was more like scales and have heard many talk about how time consuming that can be and sometimes needing more geometry to it than most, but most textures are not so elaborate or deeply grooved as scales and the like. My character is over 4 mil polys and most of that is the clothing. I deleted some of his covered body and the insides of the clothing to save on polys cause all the parts were already at 4mil and I knew I would need more geometry for the clothing. By the time I was done dividing the clothing to get the detail I wanted I was back to 4mil+ and that is where a lot of the time went to:rolleyes: …:confused: compacting mem:( …:eek: compacting mem:mad: …sometimes I hate compacting (I feel z-squished lol). So in other words some textures are easier and some are not. Some take time to get them right and some just take time.

One thing I will point out: His face was detailed really really fast like a half an hour cause I just wanted to post something on the day of a deadline even if I didn’t make it on time. There is a big difference I think from his face o his clothing. Taking a bit of time goes a long way.

just a suggestion to take time off things like this make your base sculpt in a base pose then you can either detail first and then move him or Move him store a morph target and go back to the base pose to detail him, don’t move and delete the base pose before texturing. I say this not only for the time part of it but also cause it is really hard to get in small places with your brush when detailing after striking a pose for an example his underarms those were a royal pain in the z-utt :mad: .
Anyway I hope this helps and I hope I didn’t deter you from texturing your sculpts. I really don’t think you are going to have to much trouble once you get the hang of it and if what I have seen of your sculpting you will have no prob with coming up with some cool textures and detailed characters :cool: . I can’t wait for your horsie to be textured and detailed so l you aren’t getting out of it lol :stuck_out_tongue: . Take care and happy z-texturing…once zb4, maybe 3.5, comes out things will be much faster to detail and texture. I can’t wait…

These are somethings that I have been working on.

[attach=161063]strangeboxface.jpg[/attach] [attach=161064]ooopps.jpg[/attach]
this was going to be for a gnomon contest she was going to be a dragon fairy flying smack into a tree for the OOpps theme [attach=161065]chairs.jpg[/attach] [attach=161067]faegirl.jpg[/attach] Oops fairy posed sweetly.

Attachments

strangeboxface.jpg

ooopps.jpg

chairs.jpg

faegirl.jpg

[attach=161068]birdnbutters.jpg[/attach]
Gnomon contest theme icubator didn’t finish this either.
[attach=161069]bunchesofflowers.jpg[/attach]
Gnomon contest theme secret garden…not this either

but this one I did with two mins to spare lol…

[attach=161070]clrall.jpg[/attach]
this was for the eternal winter theme this last month.

Attachments

birdnbutters.jpg

bunchesofflowers.jpg

clrall.jpg

This is something I have been working on for a while now it is called my blue moon frog. He will be a glowing blue and juggle full blue moons and will stand posed up on a mushroom. His vest are going to be buterfly wings sown together, but not sure on the pants playing with the idea of velvet joker style pants. Hope you like him still a lot of work not to mention retoping and his back is not quite done and more detailing. I made him from zpheres in zb 2 and started working on him in 3.1, and will probably now carry him into zb3.5r2 (thanx pixologic for getting that to me). Will show the zphere rig when I can find it. Have fun and Happy ZBrushing!!!:smiley:

[attach=161081]fguyfa.jpg[/attach] [attach=161076]fguyra.jpg[/attach]

[attach=161075]fguyla.jpg[/attach] [attach=161080]fguyba.jpg[/attach]

[attach=161077]fguyclothsfa.jpg[/attach] [attach=161078]fguyclothsback.jpg[/attach]

headshots.jpg

Attachments

fguyla.jpg

fguyra.jpg

fguyclothsfa.jpg

fguyclothsback.jpg

fguyba.jpg

fguyfa.jpg

peaceposeclosea.jpg [attach=167673]peaceposefronta.jpg[/attach] [attach=167676]peaceposebacka.jpg[/attach]

[attach=167674]peaceposesidea.jpg[/attach] [attach=167675]peaceposesideb.jpg[/attach] [attach=167677]peaceposecloseb.jpg[/attach] [attach=167678]peaceposegirla.jpg[/attach]

This is my Peace Pose sculpture. I had started it for a gnomon contest themed A Beautiful Thing. I thought and thought… then it came to me just after talking to my soul sister and best friend (whom is from India) and chatting with some new found people here on zbrush central whom are all from different places and from different cultures… then I watched the news…need I say more.
I wish people could see that the color of ones skin is nothing more than the sun’s effect after living in a certain spot on the earth. All of our skin will change from light to dark depending on if we live in a cold place or a hot place for a long time. Religion well I just wish for peace I don’t and won’t go there excepting to say if we wrapped all of the good morals, the right things to do, and science all into one we might have something closer to the truth.

I added some religious signs wish I could find more…if anyone has some clip art of their religion or one I don’t have please feel free…and as many flags as I could do I still have some more to add…and the hands are woman and man, black, brown, white(pink), and green with red stripes though I think that I am going to make it multicolored like a rainbow. Still want better texturing on the faces and the hands and the column topper thing (it kind looks like a cake topper, lol). I just started some HD geo a few weeks ago.

Art has been our way of communication since the dawn of our civilization. It is the blood of our world, it runs through our lives and our dreams. I am very thankful for Pixologic for a program that brought us all together to share and to communicate.

Well this sculpt is going to be worked on as I get better at it but it is and will always be dedicated to all you wonderful people on ZBCentral.:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

(p.s. Since it is yours please feel free to tell me nicely what needs to be fixed thanks)

Attachments

peaceposefronta.jpg

peaceposesidea.jpg

peaceposesideb.jpg

peaceposebacka.jpg

peaceposecloseb.jpg

peaceposegirla.jpg

This was some of the start (the tree full models) and the clothing and the second cloumn thing I did

[attach=167679]miscncloth001a.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

miscncloth001a.jpg

Earrings, crowns, buttons and flowers.
[attach=167682]crowns001a.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

crowns001a.jpg

[attach=167683]man001a.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

man001a.jpg