ZBrushCentral

Keith Richards Portrait

I really felt it was time for me to try and do a likeness. Most of my work has been creatures, but with the freedom to choose any person to portray, I ended up picking a guy that comes pretty close to beeing a creature. :smiley: It either was going to be Keith, or Iggy pop!
Hope you like it! (XSI for the basemeshes, hair sim, lighting and rendering / ZBrush for the modeling, detailing and texturing)

Some ealier wips:

[](http://javascript%3cb%3e%3c/b%3E:zb_insimg%28%27114269%27,%27Jelmer_keith_hair_v001.jpg%27,1,0%29)![ZBC_THUMB5.jpg|100x76](upload://yeXWVitdEglovV4r3kb4PSKWuCZ.jpeg)

couple of words to describe this one

sick wicked nasty most def fo sho unbelievable dope crazy good mighty joe young hail mary vice versa hamburger from mcdonalds

uhhh nice

stunning, top notch. Iggy would have been more fun I think…being crazy and all. But spot on likeness sir.:+1:

LOve it so FAR !!! cant wait to see more of your work.

Really nice work, that experession is fantastic!.. very well done:+1:

Very good work! I love the details!
all the best, Selwy

OMFG, that is just fantastic. that render just OWNS! :+1: :+1:

WOW!!!:grimacing:

very very nice work…:+1: :+1:

That’s one hell of a wicked creation. 5 stars from me :slight_smile:

5 stars for sure!!!

:+1: great Jelmer :smiley:

Whoa,great job man!! :grimacing:

Very nice work. Three critiques:

I think you cut in a little too deep in some areas, like the cheeks. It’s putting blacks in places that look odd.

The hair strands are a tad fat.

His skin looks waxy.

Again, very nice work.

• Dustin

what royMunson said. Great work.

WOW. Excellent. Top Row! :+1: :+1:

Love it. The hair is brilliant. 5 stars from me. :smiley:

Nice Job, very reminiscent of one of my favourite artists Kruger

http://www.iorr.org/iorr27/kruger2.jpg

Thank you so much everybody! It’s really good to hear, including the McDonalds hamburger comment… I guess :smiley:

gatis: I didn’t even realise that picture you posted was a painting by him as well until now. That’s insane! I thought Kruger mainly did caricatures, and he sure did a load of the Stones and Keith in general. Awe-inspiring to say the least. It was challenging for me, not to caricaturize the model too much, since I wanted to try and do a somewhat more realistic portrait. Allthough I might have made it hard on myself by picking Keith. The guy has such strong and unique features that he pretty much is a caricature of himself.

Very good likeness, I’m impressed! However, I think the final render is the least realistic. The skin looks waxy/plastic and some edges look too sharp. The WIP next to the wireframe looks better in my opinion.