ZBrushCentral

Moving along thread..

K_3t.jpg
Thanks for looking and any help on improving is always appreciated…
cal

Attachments

K_1.jpg

K_2.jpg

K_3.jpg

Hey, don’t be embarrassed to post your work. It’s looking pretty good thus far. With the texture test, tone down the squiggly lines a little. Aside from that I really like it, well done :slight_smile:

Very nice work so far! Keep going! You are doing great!

Peace-NickZ. :slight_smile:

Your character has presence my man! I agree with Mr happy though, the squiggly green lines above the forehead are not well integrated yet. I think work on the horns are bit more for the render version. But no doubts I love the mood and feel of the face. Keep going man!

hey calum5ZB, can u share with us how u did the skin shading, it looks awesome!

why should you be embarassed?

I really dont like the form of the ears and horns.

I really like textures and thumbnail.

maybe you should concentrate on that thmbnail format image.

dont know how could change the rest to appeal to me.

i guess its just this type of character i dont like

but for the thumbnail part of the pic :+1: thumbs up

MrHappy:Thanks, for the help on the texture -I just painted them on rough in 2.5d to see the effect before adding to the real texture.I’ll make them less obvious and neater on the final for sure.

nickz:Hey thankyou very much!I have been studying your free ztl man and have learnt alot from your threads especially!Keep inspiring,cheers.

mahen_naidoo:Thanks very much also,I used sebs ‘skin wax’ below a projection paintjob and some basic brush touch ups.Material on this thread, http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=46175&page=4&pp=15&highlight=sebcesoir+skin

Disco Stu:Thankyou,
Im always in awe at the quality of work here and do want to learn . Im hoping Im judged not as a complete waste of time ,hence not getting the advice to improve /motivate me I guess.
I enjoy making dark fantasy art /demons etc…so sorry if my subject fails to bond with you.Ive been doing alot of sci fi of late and always go back to my first love,been drawing demons since childhood.
I appreciated your feedback,I dont link the horns or ears either ,yet.

Heres the same model pulled about a little and with the redwax base ,different horn direction.Still miles away from where I hope to get it.
Thanks ,
cal
Test day 2.
D_1ss.jpg

this is coming along really well, keep going. look forward to seeing this one textured and rendered in all its evil glory…moohahahahahahaha.

Looks great dude. I don’t have any crits really. I like him alot better without the fangs, but maybe that’s just me :+1:

threetails:Hey thanks ,was a gift reading from such a great arist!Your work is always amazing.

count_zero_interrupt:Thanks mate,I dont like the fangs either…I always try things out in both 3d and 2.5d before commiting to the original.

This is one more version of him still sculpting…Goblin/orc(yawns) Warrior type.
Thanks
cal,
KG.jpg

very nice! Love the detail in the skin, great texturing!

Hey nice work! Don’t be embarrassed , keep posting, these are good. And any crits will only help you to improve :wink:

I like that skull on the thing around his neck. By any chance do you know where to find any good skull base mesh (free)?

Hey man the goblin man looks sweet, how did you model the hair it looks like you used the snake brush but when i use it it gets very broken and crap looking?

Nattawat_OBBI:Thanks pal.

Darukin: Thanks mate,I hope my efforts are at a level worthy of crits,that was my issue.
I made the skull myself in zbrush but Im sure there are many free around.I can email you the one I made if you like.Just email me at calum5@calum5.com and I’d be happy to send it over.Obj or ztl…

nicholasmc1:Thanks also ,the hair I made by simply painting 6 strands in mask mode from the forehead to the back of the head.I used a small brush,around 5.I then smoothed the mask by holding shift and clicking on the mask then extracted at a veery low height~around 8.These new lines of geometry I then smoothed via deformations a few times at 1oo% and then used the smooth brush and the move tool to wisp the forms.I used resize and rotate and appended more of the cloned subtool to make multiple hairs and repositioned etc.The snake nbursh always go’s wrong with me ,and this way the hair can be hidden and rendered seperatley etc …:O)cal

Zomzbt.jpg

Attachments

Zombiex.jpg

z2.jpg

Hey calum5ZB, really cool sculpts, I like the most the first one, the demon :evil: ,and the polypaint you did. Keep on posting. As for the base mesh you used I think it came from MR.Alex Alvarez , you can find it here: http://gnomonology.com/tutorial/197.

ovidius:Thankyou for your words and thanks for reminding me where I got the first base mash from.Ive amended my text on that image and linked Alex’s Model.
Much appreciated,
cal

Hey Calum, the illustration looks great!
I’m glad to be helpful :slight_smile:

Awesome Cal …

Thanks once more undoz,

and thanks Antonio,

sorry I was absent to reply.

Heres a total zb3 doodle, job no postwork.

Just built it up to this so far,Im adding 2 serpents from the lowers face’s open mouth ,adding some decor on the forehead to hide the mesh join,some eyeballs to add and repairs in the skulls and heads,and maybe a 2 more masks(faces) at 45 degree east west angles from the neck to hide the current look above the shoulders.Fixing the areas near the top of the image either side of the head gear,bit pixley…Oh and maybe more claw fingers stemimming from the neck /upper back region coming over and towards the viewer.I’ll finally do something with the tree/claws that are a little plain in the surroundings.
Any ideas would be cool…
I’ll post the update anyway…
Thanks cal.

Evo1t.jpg

Attachments

Evo1b.jpg