New Member Follow User Gallery

Default New Project

Hey Desmoda,

I am one of the proud recipients of the Hobbit award. You did an incredible job once again! I also referred them (Limited Slip) to use you - and everyone loves their personalized Hobbit trophy.
    I have another big job for your consideration. We went with another printer (ZCorp) and the clean up wasn't sufficient for our client, so I told them we need to go with you.
    Please let me know if you got my email. I am excited to get started.

Thanks,

Kyle

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by kman0328 View Post
    Hey Desmoda,

I am one of the proud recipients of the Hobbit award. You did an incredible job once again! I also referred them (Limited Slip) to use you - and everyone loves their personalized Hobbit trophy.
    I have another big job for your consideration. We went with another printer (ZCorp) and the clean up wasn't sufficient for our client, so I told them we need to go with you.
    Please let me know if you got my email. I am excited to get started.

Thanks,

Kyle
    Oh hey kyle, yah I saw your email! Sorry been really backlogged getting already promised orders out etc. Gonna respond in a jiffy. Just trying to get some stuff shipped today.

Werewolf... those were the guesstimated cost of 3d printing a 9inch book cover and 16 inch book cover using a really really high resolution print. Unfortunately I'm not a book binder.. and although it sounds really fun... I remember this reddit post from a few months ago explaining why a professional, custom book binding with leather and gold leafing costs several thousand dollars (to give you an idea why there are pros and noobs even in book binding):

http://www.reddit.com/r/lotr/comment...ldg9?context=1
    Ownage - a ZBrush 3D Printing Service

Also.. I dunno if it's ZBC or what but lately ZBC doesn't email me about new posts. Only find out about these when I check each thread manually.

New Member Follow User Gallery

if i was to order 4 prints would they all show be delivered at the same time or one by one
    also if i split a large model into several pieces would you assemble it
    and how much extra do you charge for painting and textureing or will you refuse to paint a model for any reason

Hello Desmoda, was trying to contact you lately via mail, but no answer, so I guess you have a lot work to do.

Hi Boris! Apologies! I'm about to get to your email. Sometimes when you find yourself with 150 non-trivial emails in your inbox... just hard to know where to start sometimes. X-D No worries, didn't forget you mate.

Heya wolf, feel free to email support@ownage.com. (haha oh boy more emails!) but i feel bad clogging up ZBC with customer service stuff. If you ordered 4 prints.. the orders would be run in parallel by several employees and several machines and finishing team. If you ordered 1 print and 4 castings.. then might have to wait 2-3 day after u have pictures of ur finished print for the casting department to get your resin or alabaster pieces made. please feel free to email with any other questions.. will see it a lot sooner.

we paint models sometimes.. but really backlogged right now. we're trying to expand paint capacity. looking for additional painters and staff in our shenzhen, china office. if anyone out there in the area and want nice cushy office with good benefits.. feel free to email!

ok back to emails!

Since people keep asking. Some simple examples of common casting materials~

White Alabaster Casting Cross Arms Girl Artist ~ Gabrielle Pennacchoi (dreamworks)

Grey Kit Resin Casting Zotun Artist ~ Dominic Qwek (blizz)

To help cut down on the simple email questions. We have no requirements for 3d files. Doesn't have to be cleaned up or cut up or anything. Just send us your ZTL's/OBJ's and we'll handle the rest. Feel free to take some screenshots of your piece before hand and draw some lines where u prefer it to be engineered/cut or sizing info. That's pretty much all you have to do.

No real maximum or minimum print sizes within reason (can't print a house or anything). Pricing is based off surface area only. Solid models are the cheapest. example: a ironman we did for a client last year thats recently released

Ironman Mark 42 1:2 scale Battle Damaged (over 1 meter tall) Iron Studios Brazil

hth
    support@ownage.com

Default CG Student Art Awards 2014, win a 3D Printer and free 3D Print!

Hi guys! Well, it's my honor to help out with this year's 2014 CG Student Art Awards (of which Pixo is also a sponsor of). What I'm here to announce is that CGSA is opening the design of this year's award to everyone who is interested. Not only will you win a finished copy of your artwork.. 3d printed.. painted.. and finished by us, but you will win your very own Ultimaker Two 3D Printer!

Not a lot of downside to this! All you have to do is submit an image here of your artwork (yes it can be a previously done piece), and you're in the running. Probably helps if you make it trophy-like b/c that is what they're going for.

The standup guys at CGSA also recently did an interview of us to have us describe our manufacturing process so you guys know how everything works and what you'll be getting (there are also some sculpting tips I give for 3d printing stuff that is important if you're working in the industry):

http://www.cgstudentawards.com/compo...5#.UyFLDFGSzlY

Anyways.. free 3d print! free 3D Printer! Hope you guys win!

https://www.facebook.com/cgstudentaw...type=1&theater

All the best,

Des

Default Nice links.....

Great to see you are still posting to this thread and keeping it alive and kicking with all your amazing 3dprints and other models.
    Very interesting to see how the UM2 will fair when it comes to competing with Objet.
    Anyhow, that BIG ironman is the bomb!
    For 3D Printing UK
    www.magicmodel.co.uk

Default printing

hi desmoda, your website is still on the move?? my friend wondered about you printing his renders of 1/6 scale heads, is this a thing you can do? thanx....george

hi goergie, yup np, just send me an email with a pic first~

support@ownage.com

mm... I should post something.

Mandy Anders Ehrenbourg (sculpt) and Dean Yagle (design) www.mandystatues.com (they're going fast..)

Male Planar Anatomy Sculpt (magnet-swap heads) David Richardson Kickstarter

Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Desmoda!

I've tried contact with you via email but maybe I should be more patient...

I want to ask how the model should be prepared for you to print?
    It should be solid or shelled wall (empty inside)?
    What is the minimal thickness for wall and the maximum tranglecount for object?

Any chance to get approx. prices (for example 1/8 scale print) without a prepared model?

regards!
    Paul

Member Follow User Gallery

Hello Desmoda, no news from you, I dropped you another email.

Hi Paul! Thats strange, I was sure I replied about the caterpillar~ mm.. ill email it again.. and PM you on zbc just in case.