Senior Member Follow User Gallery

That's really pretty, at first I thought the photograph of the sculpture was a Modo render (impossible to tell them apart). Wonderful! I want it.

Quick note: I'm reading Bram Stoker's Dracula right now with the character Jonathan Harker. What a coincidence, Mr. Harker! Seriously, though, how do we buy these?
    Last edited by EricShawn; 05-21-10 at 04:52 PM.

AHH got ya now, I knew there was a harder material that was required in
    there somewhere, i must have just misunderstood the pictures LOL! (and they
    are supposed to tell a thousand words...) hehe thanks for explaining, have
    you thought about asking your city coucil to invest in one of your sculptures
    to be place in town? Or would that be a hell of a task?
    Divide by Zero

Seriously flattered by the interest! It's funny how the last 2 posts are so appropriately connected to how I'm trying to proceed with these. They are for sale (PM or email me) but I've found many potential collectors have been stymied by the price I need to charge based on the costs of everything from 3D printing & specialty vacuum assist casting, to international shipping, not to mention trying to make a buck myself (big thank you to Pixologic for great software at a reasonable price ). So I've been exploring public art as an alternative means of finding buyers/collectors & getting my work seen. The problem is that currently there is only one place in the world with the technology & all the right resources to build & cast my work & that technology is expensive, particularly as the size gets larger which is what is typically demanded of public art pieces. There are some exciting new processes in development that I have been involved with but that is still in the future. So, that being said...The bronzes are definitely for sale but I'm also offering smaller SLS (fused glass & nylon) versions at a more affordable price.

here's a pic of the digital version

permutation-prime.jpg

So you basically print a 3d in plastic, then add a harder material around it, then turns the plastic to ash, and you just pour whatever metal you want into it. Kinda funny I didnt think that it worked that way, even tho when I was younger I used to make tin soldiers pouring tin into a mold ^_^
    "It's never too late to learn a new skill" - Lex Luthor

DeviantArt Gallery
    Gallery at 500px
    My music at Soundcloud

I find this piece to represent the human body in a way. How we are
    symmetrical, with arms, legs, eyes and fingers but at the same time our inner
    workings, intestines, liver and heart are asymmetrically placed. I quite like
    your other ones you have got there too.
    Divide by Zero

I get the human body/organs comparison regularly along with insects, tertiary protein structures, animal faces, etc. They're kind of Rorshach in quality in that everyone seems to see something different. I think it's cool that they can mean different things to different people.

This is really inspiring, I'm interested in using Z for abstract art too and this gives me some hope.
    so much to learn...

I totally missed your thread till now. very interesting work. also, I just visited your website and you got incredible sculpts there. I love the women I saw there. absolutely fantastic. it's a pity the pictures are so tiny. for example , it's hard to realyl make out what is going on in those mickey mouse sculpts which look very intriguing. I really would love to see more in higher resolution. any chance?

thanks for the interest Julian. The big mickey/fat guy piece has been on hold for a while since I lost my lease on my studio (turned it into a pizza joint...crying shame). I intend to finish. Also plan to do a digital sculpt of it & play with renders, etc. Thanks for taking the time to look at my work. DSCN0037.jpg DSCN0040.jpg

Hehehe, fun! He will eat it too?
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...5&page=3&pp=15

BTW: I just jumped to the links, realy interesting. Need some time to read it all! Thanks!!
    Last edited by Bas Mazur; 02-12-11 at 03:28 PM.

Thanks a ton for the image. But I also want to see the other sculpts in high res. especially all those women which are so wonderfully on the edge beteen very natural and artistically exaggerated.
    If you don't want to post it here I'll give you my mail address. anytime.

you don't happen to know the music of Scott Walker by any chance? on his last record which is very dark and bleak and most people usually can't stand it, there is a Donal Duck Sound Moment that is rather terrifying and far from funny or cute

Hey Julian,
    I'm thinking too many posts of non-ZB work may get some users panties in a bunch. Email or PM me & I'll send you some pix of the figures. It'd be good to connect off forum anyhow. I'm not familiar with Scott Walker but will check him out.

Bas Mazur- funny! I can't believe the similarity in subject! Mine is not eating his brains however.

Great use of ZB for some really interesting works!!!

thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast