Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Action Hero - ONE

Action Hero entry by Jesse Heath

After the tragic murder of his girlfriend Neil Thomson falls into a haunted depression for many years. He travels to India in hopes of finding some inner peace. While traveling in some remote mountains he stumbles upon a hidden cave with intricate symbols carved around the entrance. Inside he finds it is a lost temple to the ancient goddess Akdia, the goddess of purification through fire. He prays for her to come to him and cleanse his darkened soul of the demons that haunt him. The goddess appears and agrees to grant him inner peace. She transforms into flame and enters his body.

So much energy flows through him his bones glow and his flesh becomes translucent to the light bursting from within. He is surrounded in holy fire. He now knows peace as his flesh is consumed in the fire that radiates from within. And then reemerges from the ashes. Her fire cleanses his body and soul and he becomes a Bodisatva warrior. He becomes the light of consciousness that eradicates all evil. He has now become ONE.

He has the power to shed the fire of consciousness directly on the deepest the most vulnerable and highly protected places in your psyche. To those who have chosen a life of evil and who fight against life with all their might, this light burns with a physical emotion and spiritual pain, that is both debilitating frightening and confusing. Those who fall to his power become unsure of their chosen life of evil and must fight to remain rigidly aligned with the total negation of life that has driven them down their dark path.

He now serves Akdia's purpose and travels the earth cleansing the world of darkness.

hero concept 4 1.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

Wow. That is one heck of a backstory! I am jealous of your sketch, I love color, but never thought to use it this early in the design...

It will be interesting to see what action pose you incorporate into this concept, it has a lot of potential from a lot of different body stances.

Great start!

~OM

Default Holy colour Batman!

Quite the back story. Like the use of colour in your concept.

~James

Sweet. So is he pure energy or does he take a physical form?

Very cool Story.... Would love to see more

Excellent. Love the story. You've certainly done your homework! Looking forward to seeing your progress
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

I really like this one, if I think about it I can see that it offers a lot of possible ways to develop it as a sculpt. I look forward to see how you tackle it.
    Max
    http://maxs-stuff.blogspot.com/
    My ZBSketchbook
    My other threads: A - B - C - D - M - P currently working on S

I agree with the others... the backstory is great. I wonder how his translucency will come across in a sculpt. You definitely have your hands full. Maybe it will become more clear to me (no pun intended) when you have submitted more sketches or beginnings of the model.

With some of the MatCaps out there, the translucency could be simply visually jawdropping with that inner "fire..."

This sounds like it's going to be one of those "eye candy" pieces of color!

~OM

Wow great story,and also concept.Remind's me of the human aura.
    excited to see how you create this in sculpt..

Heavy stuff, looks very cool !
    keep it up

Hey thanks for your comments everyone.

C-Mad thanks, using color is an important part of the creative process for me, certain colors or combinations can spark my inspiration. And its just natural for me I paint mostly and usually just star building up shapes patenrs and colors and take my inspiration from there.

Malleable man thanks!

Teyon, the way I am thinking about it now he has physical form that is constantly being consumed by fire and then reborn from it, so his flesh is sort of melting away and reforming.

SolidSnakexxx Thanks!

Captain Sensible thanks, not really homework though, I more just played to my strengths, things I am already interested in and excite me.

maxinkuk Thanks, I have a fairly clear Idea of what I am going to do, but we will see!

Slosh thanks, at this point I am not really planing to do a lot with the translucency, as this is more of a modeling contest than a clever render compositing contest. I am thinking of using bight colors to kind of indicate sub surface scattering, and work more on the flesh burning away and then emerging idea.
    And I definitely have my hands full, but if I am going to commit 2 months of my time to this I figured I better do something I am excited about.

JUPITER thanks, I graduated form the Barbara Brennan School of Healing, where I studied the Human Aura, Hands on healing and body centered psychotherapy for 4 years. The idea is based on the human aura and concepts like transcendence and transmutation and presence.

Lucky_1 thanks!

Here is my star on my base mesh. I made a very quick rough in with Zspheres, then used the move, transpose and sculpting tools to block in proportions and a bit of form. Hoping to retopo today and start sculpting.

Post 1 base mesh ZS.jpg

Here is my mesh with new topology. I think it will be enough for the design sculpt at very least. Decided to give him mitten hands and feet to make the retopo job easier. I think his hands will be engulfed in flame so it should work fine. But I may replace them later.

post 2 rt mesh.jpg

You have a bit of a twist in the foot, but other than that, this looks like a great basic to sculpt. Nice hands.

~OM

Hey C-Mad thanks, so far the twist in the foot doesn't seem to caused any problems with sculpting.

I finally got some sculpting time in. I work at a Toy store so my life has been a bit hectic.
    Here is my progress so far.
    Comments and Crits welcome
    post 3 SC 1.jpg

Page 1 of 15 123410 ... LastLast