Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Action Hero - Nitrate (villain -nudity)

Entrant - Chris Curtis

Background
    While working in a chemical lab, Aqua Fortis became the victim of an unfortunate chemical accident. It mutated her and led to her unintentionally harming her friends and family. Burning and scalding them. Including her own mother. She fled to the city an emotional wreck where more unfortunate encounters with the public left them with their skin burnt off. This attracted the attention of the evil Dr [insert wickedly villainous name here mwah-ha-ha], who took her in and helped her to control her new found 'powers' and to use them at her own will. Unable to live a normal life and an outcast from society, Aqua became part of the evil Doctor's villainous gang and adopted the name Nitrate.

Powers
    Nitrate has the ability to secrete Nitric Acid from glands in her skin, much the same as a poisonous frog secretes poison. In close contact her victim's skin will be severely burnt by the red hot acid. She will grapple and wrap herself around them to gain contact. She also carries a gun loaded with 'acidic-bullets' for long distance harm.
    Nitrate_Concept_Sketch.jpg
    Last edited by Captain Sensible; 12-21-08 at 04:05 AM.
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

Member Follow User Gallery

Need a rough concept sketch, but this sounds GREAT. Creepy and icky, but great!

Costuming should be a blast, since you can look to those poisonous frogs and such for color and pattern ideas.

Is Nitrate's skin burned from the accident, to where she has to wear a mask? The poisonous amphibians all have a "shiny-slick" skin, I believe, but am not sure. Skin texture may be a consideration...

I had intended my character to be a villain, but she ended up another stinkin' do-gooder...I wasn't able to come up with good nastiness stealing time. But OOooooooeeeewwwww! Being grappled by some chick oozing nitric acid...Now THAT is just pure wicked...

Clothing her is going to be a challenge, since high vitrious ceramics or lab glass are about the only things not affected by Nitric acid...Some powerful stuff...Some sort of special flexible vitreous china fiber clothing, one might surmise...

Definitely looking forward to seeing this gal develop!

~OM

I'll be working on a concept sketch this weekend so watch this space. Just wanted to get my idea in first.

Yes all those things are a consideration. I think the clothing will be some sort of hybrid that works as normal fabric. Most superheroes get away with that! (Fantastic Four for instance) One thing's for sure she won't be wearing much as it's her skin that's the weapon.

Not sure about the skin itself yet. I made a toad recently so I may rule out the patterns. I believe Nitric Acid is created via cooling of gas so the accident could have been inhalation. Some scars could be cool though.

At the moment I'm thinking this character just needs to be very dark
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

She sounds wonderfully twisted and tortured, similar to Rogue of the X-men...Not much in the way of romance available when your touch is toxic...

Barely clothed is ALWAYS a good attention getter.
    I can't help but wonder if she takes oatmeal baths to sooth her skin at the end of the day...lol!

~OM

I had a maths teacher at college that was like that. But I'm sure you'll make her somehow more handsome, still, just as nasty. I look forward to the visual.
    Max
    http://maxs-stuff.blogspot.com/
    My ZBSketchbook
    My other threads: A - B - C - D - M - P currently working on S

Hey, Chris, this is a great concept! I like the idea for a handgun, but maybe it should somehow harness her excretion power so that it never runs out of ammo? Just a thought.
    Christopher Tackett

Cool concept,so maybe she will carry a sniper rifle?
    I love snipers,so close to the target yet so far away...
    can't wait to see more of this one!! happy zzzzzzzz's

Quote Originally Posted by KrakenCMT
    Hey, Chris, this is a great concept! I like the idea for a handgun, but maybe it should somehow harness her excretion power so that it never runs out of ammo? Just a thought.
    That's an awesome idea. I never considered that. Maybe a tube that feeds into the gun or something
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

Coolll!
    keep it up !

I saw this picture of a girl emmitting something from pores on her costume, might be worth looing into as one design idea

http://zwrkz.blogspot.com/2007/01/ra...t-goes-on.html
    Aiman3d.com - Portfolio - https://www.facebook.com/Aiman3D/
    3dsmiths.com - Business - Digital Sculpture and 3d printing service
    Fungisaurs.com - IP - Dinosaur-Mushroom hybrids toys/game/animation

Hmm... yeah that does look pretty good. And it could concentrate the acid to specific areas such as the arms and legs. Thanks man
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

The first time I visited the thread, she didn't have the sketch yet but with the sketch I can see an evil vixen spitting/shooting her poisons out to destroy the world.

Thanks. The concept isn't that great though. I'll definitely change the hair and the costume needs some refinement. Not too sure on the sunglasses. Might swap those for some badass make up. Working on the basemesh as the moment so hopefully I can get that done and start some sculpting!
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

Cool concept, might I suggest for close quarters fighting she can use some fire breathing skills? Perhaps a pose where she's doing a one handed cartwheel and spitting out flames!?

Good luck on your entry!

I think the design needs work, but if you're anything like me you'll be playing with that quite a lot once you get into ZBrush. One thing I will say about sunglasses, is be careful in deploying them on a character because they take away the eyes, "the window to the soul." If you do that, you need to make sure that everything else about her conveys the personality that they steal. I reckon you should look at snow-boarding, and other forms of protective goggles as she will certainly need them if she's gonna be spraying acid all over the place.

Page 1 of 13 123410 ... LastLast