Default Action Hero - Phiz Ed

WIP Action Anti-Hero By Cori Bucklin

Glum01.jpg

On December 20th, 2008, in the middle of a busy intersection in the mysterious, ancient city of Zumalopan Pox, a catastrophic collision involving a sumo wrestler with a runny nose, a farm truck with a squeaky wheel, a barrel of toxic waste, a rampaging circus elephant, a flying saucer, a brilliant, but dirty old woman smuggling a beaker full of genetic material stolen from a frozen witchdoctor, a nuclear explosion, and cosmic rays, a new breed of super hero is born -- a Grouchy Golem Grown of Goobers -- Glum! He rises from the goopy aftermath of the nasty explosion, with a lot of snott, but little to say. Bashful of his abominable appearence, he shambles through the city, punching evil-doers, and those who stop to stare or point. Eventually, he learns to harness the powers of his nuclear cosmic voodoo mucus membranes to shapeshift into even more abominable lumps. Those who come into contact with him recieve a runny nose which lasts for days. Also, much to his disappointment, he believes he's probably immortal, too.

Update: December 21, 2008

Much to his own relief, Glum has been vanquished.

His executioner was the notorious Phiz Ed, a high school gym instructor who demanded Glum pay him fifteen situps. When Glum refused, Phiz Ed beat him to death with two aluminum bats coated with Ben-Gay and disinfectant.

PhizEd01.jpg

Clearly then, Phiz Ed specializes in torture and combat with sporting equipment, has inexhaustible stamina, and compulsively disinfects everything. Even soap.
    Last edited by ravioli_rancher; 12-21-08 at 12:26 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

He's just my kind of guy. The accident that produced it sounds horrific, I bet his insurance had expired the day before.
    Look forward to see him strutting his snot.
    Max
    http://maxs-stuff.blogspot.com/
    My ZBSketchbook
    My other threads: A - B - C - D - M - P currently working on S

Member Follow User Gallery

What a disgustingly delightful character!

Makes me want to stock up on Mucinex and antihistamines...
    He should make a drippingly fine Booger boy. Very imaginative and funny!

~OM

I don't know how your are going to make all that snot... ha hah a

Much to his own relief, Glum has been vanquished.

His executioner was the notorious Phiz Ed, a high school gym instructor who demanded Glum pay him fifteen situps. When Glum refused, Phiz Ed beat him to death with two aluminum bats coated with Ben-Gay and disinfectant.

PhizEd01.jpg

Member Follow User Gallery

What a horrific and hilarious end to a thoroughly icky guy. Glum didn't necessarily deserve his end, but he certainly needed it...

LOL at Phiz Ed~ The facial expression makes it for me!
    Congratulations on your wonderful way of updating your character.
    Go Phiz Ed!

~OM

Default omg

Ahahahahha! every one can pack it up ive decided you have won! great story.cant wait to se the final product

So glum's gone now it's Phiz Ed turn instead. Frankly I like the Glum's concept better but I'm certain you can make Phiz Ed one great character. Will check on this thread often as you have a very creative way to change the character.

I like Glum also more, but Phiz Ed can be great too,

keep it up

This is very funny!,i had agym coach just like that.. can't wait to see more.

Cool concept

Thanks everyone for the motivation.

Here I post this crude evidence of effort:

RepugnantRumble01.jpg

punching polycubes and unified skinned zspheres until they starts to vaguely resemble my even cruder sketches, or something even more vague which I can possibly submit for the contest theme.

Back to pretending to be productive.
    Last edited by ravioli_rancher; 12-27-08 at 10:21 PM.

Default Glum Lives!

Although beleived crushed by the santizing powers of Mr. Phiz Ed, Glum uses his nuclear alien voodoo powers to reincarnate himself from within Phiz's sinus cavity. In a primitive, more gelatinous form, he explodes forth from a sneeze, ready to drain his foe of all mucus.

GlumFront1229.jpg

GlumBack1229.jpg

Still messing with the anatomy. Obviously, since Glum is composed of mystical mucus of from exploded sumo wrestler, his musculature won't be so obvious. Still it helps me to know how the snott will fall as he's slowly glued together.

The Glum is coming along really nicely... Love the rakes you put on him...rally neat.

Glum made use of his monstrous alien intelligence to smelt his own weapon -- the diabolical Wrench of Crusty Injustice!

MonkeyWrenchProcess01.jpg

As shown here, Glum started by making a quick grayscale schematic, then turned it into an alpha using the MRGB grab tool, then pressed the Make3D button, then retopologized, then attacked it mercilessly with various alphas using the standard brush and Projection Master.

Glum still wants to put skulls on it somewhere.

Anyway, thanks, SolidSnakexxx for your post. I'll try to be more active in this project, and post more frequently than once a week.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast