Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Really great update, JEQ. I like her face and the hair style..very cool looking. This character's going to rock.

Default Neat sculpting

Using polygroups can help you breakdown the model for easy selection of parts for high res details.

Hi JEQ.. The hairstyle is absolutely cool. Great work!
    best wishes

Thank you for the kind words guys!

I started working on the right arm and decided that I would go with an asymmetrical design for the limbs. The right arm and left leg with (hopefully) match stylistically and the left arm/right leg will be another pairing. With the right arm I incorporated harder, armor-like elements. This construction is more for hard striking, deflecting blows, and firing spikes at high velocity through the apertures on the surface. The other arm will be more organic and more oriented towards emitting toxins and corrosive secretions.

Soft_right arm progress.jpg Soft_right arm progress2.jpg
    Last edited by JEQ; 01-26-09 at 09:01 PM. Reason: spelling, layout

Nice work, I like the asymmetry, it seems to kind of hint at her morphing power.

Really nice, I like the details you're adding! Good work!

Very nice update.. JEQ..and agree with asymmetrical approach..very cool

Hi everyone,

I did a bit more detail on the shoulder and started working on the opposite leg.body update3.jpg body update4.jpg body update5.jpg

Gah I'm running out of time on this one, hopefully I can get a lot done this weekend.

Here is an update on the other arm, the groin/butt area of the costume and the foot on the armored leg.body update6.jpg body update7.jpg body update8.jpg body update9.jpg

Hiya,

Small update. I'm going to call it quits on the sculpting of the body and focus my remaining time on posing, coloring, and hopefully coming up with some kind of base.body update10.jpg

Looking real good there. The area I think might need some work would be the left arm...don't know whether it's the angle of view...but the joint area's looking a bit odd. Other than that ...very good work

New Member Follow User Gallery

Thanks for the crit SolidSnakexxx!

I see what you mean about the arm. I'll probably go ahead and pose the model and then refine that area when the arm is bent/positioned.

The coloring phase of this has been really rough, I've never surfaced something in Zbrush before.

The main problem is that my model is pushing the limit of what my system can handle in terms of polygon count, so I'm getting a lot of jagged transitions between surfaces (also some surface info doesn't seem to be saved when I save the object, so when I quit out and come back later, I have to reapply saved surfaces).

I can understand that as a limit of polypainting with my system, but the overall render quality has also become really jagged, even with best render. I don't get what's going on with that. Any advice is appreciated!

Here's the current color progress:Soft color1.jpg

Looking good so far...

For polypainting you may want to use low RGB Intensity and sometime utilize different brush stroke like color spray to create varying tone of colors...and more subtle feel.

BTW, don't forget the time and miss the deadline

Well I'm pretty much out of time and was unable to meet all the requirements of the challenge. Thanks Pixologic for holding this contest and thanks to everyone that followed my entry. Even though I didn't finish I learned a lot.

Here is my last update:body update 11.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123