Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hm...I'm kind of surprise that Nerve didn't get to be in the final 5 as he's well sculpted and with great pose. Still one of the best in my opinion.

Kraken you are right, there is nothing you should dwell on. You've shown to all here that you are a master sculptor. Congrats on that.

Smile

congrats on a job well done! This is the part I hate about contests: "someone" has to make a choice. imo you guys all deserved grand prize ! lookin' forward to your next worx!

imo you guys all deserved grand prize ! lookin' forward to your next worx!
    That's what I meant. Easy to get hypervigilant about great work, and inadvertantly diminish the astounding quality all the finalists produced. Nerve is amazing. As is Dr. Root, and Overwatch, and on and on and on . . .

The dignity and professional attitude on display here is also remarkable. So many things to aspire to.

And who says there's no skin or tattoo tutorial coming?....
    Awesome. Everybody still wins.

Amazing job on applying that tattoo! Some of the best sculpting in the contest was in this thread.
    Threads: * - * -* - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * - * / Tuts: * - * - * - *

Probably the sickest sculpting in the whole contest! It was a pleasure to watch this guy come together
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

Thanks everyone!

Been a bit busy lately, but I had some time to try to do a little bit better rendering of Nerve. Still working on the background a bit. I didn't want anything too elaborate, so I just mocked up a background in Photoshop. I'm aiming to finish this up tonight so any crits to help me along would be appreciated.

Rendered in ZBrush in several passes and comped in PS.

NerveRender1.jpg
    Christopher Tackett

Everything looks very nice.

Small crits, I hope they can help:
    - the skull on the weapon lacks the details the other parts have, same thing for the blades, they are too clean and I`d like to see them sharper and more menacing
    -the position of the arms; it looks like there`s not enough tension or as they are grabbing the wrong weapon; they would be okay for an axe or if he would look in another direction, where the weapon will strike.

That's more like it Kraken! It looks like you're finally bringing out the unexploited potential. Is there a prize for the best post-comp-render?
    One critinque I could offer is that the blades on the front look a bit incongruent, something in the color, maybe a darker tone would be better, or maybe a different hue, more bronze-like, I can't pinpoint exactly, I think you can find something that works better there though. Well done on re-rendering this though, by the way, I love that background.
    Max
    http://maxs-stuff.blogspot.com/
    My ZBSketchbook
    My other threads: A - B - C - D - M - P currently working on S

looking really good, love the choice of colors and the gradiant, great texture as well. the base seems out of place with the background some what. but i think i see whare your going. this is going to be cool.

I like it very much!
    The background and palette colors are, for me, very very good!

Looking awesome Kraken - good job

Thanks for the crits everyone, I took them to heart and tried to improve what I could before finishing this tonight.

Here's the final version. I strengthened the colors a bit more and added a little more interest to the background. I think the addition of the darker green to the background added a lot more depth to the piece.

Certainly there's plenty more areas that could be improved, but it's time to put Nerve to bed....... for now.

NerveRender.jpg
    Christopher Tackett

That is simply beautiful. No art is ever done. But this one can definitely sleep for a bit.
    A man is solely restricted by his own words.

ZBrush Sketchpad - Here
    Free Male Hero Ztool

Frick'n kick ass. nice work, will you be down at the Gnomon Gallery opening?