Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Action Hero - Mantis Man

Action Hero entry by Yongkiat Karnchanapayap

When a young and brilliant entomologist, Dr. Curtis Mantodea, discovered a perfect way to distill essence of life and finding the secret to recreate life from that essence, His home was intruded by an unknown organization. They stole his research works. by doing so had killed his beloved wife and daughter. Dr. Mantodea was shot in that very same spot.

With the last breath of his life, he injected himself with the essence that he held in his hand. The Mantis Essence Dr.Curtis injected himself slowly fuse with human gene and regenerate damage tissues and more. Awoken hours later, he noticed his body's transformed into something hideous. The body's now encased in a new and sturdy Exoskeleton, his left arm lengthen and formed a raptorial like blade. The new body's now holds secret powers even Dr. Curtis himself can't fathom.

Beneath this horrendous form, the genius mind of Dr. Mantodea's fully aware of his new goal and new meaning of life. With this gift of strength and agility, he must hunt down the organization that took away everything from him, his beloved wife and his works. Rise....the vengeful Mantis Man

Abilities:
    1. The Raptorial Blade
    His left arm's permanently mutated into a bio-weapon that equally menacing as its look. Its long and spiky blade is used as semi-long range weapon. Each spike's so sharp that can cut through hard objects like slicing through tofu. His right arm remains much of human's, when it need the smaller Blade shank can be extended and used as short range jabbing weapon.

2. Physical
    The perfect fuse of man and Mantis gene makes his ability to sense higher beyond humans both vision and hearing. The exoskeleton skin makes him resilient to harsh environment and can protect him from harms. His skin also inherited Mantis power to camouflage, this attribute makes covert operation a walk in the park for Mantis Man.

3. Flying
    With the new set of wings growing on his back, he's able make a short distant flight.

4. The Mantis Ray

On his forehead, there are 3 jewel like buttons which can be activated by mind control. Upon activation, the 3 buttons will interact with each other creating destructive energy projection that can be shot very far and its direction can be controlled by his mind. Perfect for long range combat,the ray's so powerful that it can blow up military tanks with a single shot. However, it also temporarily paralyzes him for at least 15 seconds every time the Mantis Ray's used as the ray requires a lot of physical and mind energy to control.

post_001.jpg
    Last edited by SolidSnakexxx; 12-21-08 at 02:25 AM.

Nice sketch!! very well put together..this is going to
    be one to keep an eye on...!

I like the idea. It will make for an awesome sculpt too!
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

Thank you JUPITER, Captain Sensible, I hope my ZBrush skill's up to the task as this is going to be a fun one to realize in ZBrush. At the moment I'm trying to finalize the head design. I'm going for a more realistic insect like head. The tone of the character I'm aiming for is very dark and vengeful.

My girlfriend asked me whether the Hero's too scary looking and that make him look evil. What do you guy think? Does a Good Super Hero has to be handsome? Can this mutated good heart Doctor be good as well?

Very good concept, this is perfect action hero material.
    Max
    http://maxs-stuff.blogspot.com/
    My ZBSketchbook
    My other threads: A - B - C - D - M - P currently working on S

Member Follow User Gallery

The TEXTURING for this creature will be SUCH FUN! So much leeway to be creative for this character!

He won't really need clothing, so you can texture the entire body. The pants look out of place... The long arm will be most impressive, once textured, I am sure.

Definitely looking forward to seeing the sculpt develop for this one!

~OM

This character really makes for a superb sculpt. Looking forward to seeing more soon.

New Member Follow User Gallery

:O wow very strong concept
    by look wise its villain more then a hero for me ( its my opinion only)
    but in any case its up to us so don***8217;t worry

good luck man!!

your background story is strong and sounds good ,can get a really good creature hero out of it ,good luck

great story.
    character is also looking great

Great sketch and idea! I don't think he'll look too scary for a hero. I like the idea of a hero who doesn't look so crisp and clean. I can tell you'll have a lot of fun sculpting this one and we'll have fun watching the progress.
    Christopher Tackett

Thank you everyone for great comments and they indeed are great encouragement.

maxinkuk, P'etur: Thank you. I hope to make one dark hero that might break traditional Heroes look.

C-Mad: Yeah, Texturing him would be a fun thing to do for certain I'm thinking about loosing the pants also, but I'm trying to find a way to make him look not totally monster like..... Still thinking...

MINTY: Thank you. I know ZBrush can handle organic looks and hopefully this will work to my benefits for sculpting the hero details.

eklavya: Yes, this is something I'm very indecisive of as I want to create a monstrous (mutated) hero, but afraid his look will make him like villian or too sinister looking....

canndis,gang: Thank you for your encouragement

KrakenCMT: I'm glad you think he's not too hedeous to be a hero I'ma great fan of yours especially the Conan sculpt. You are a great inspiration to me.

He's Looking very cool Yongkiat,
    keep it up

Default Comment

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Marc
    Marc

Page 1 of 71 1234102550 ... LastLast