ZBrushCentral

P O N G S T A H 's WIPs

I’m going to put all my wips in this thread to keep things organized.

Pongstah_Gun_Samurai_WIP_003.jpg

The ear of the gun samurai is beautiful. It caught my eye as a thumbnail in the Forums header, it’s so well done. The entire sculpt is great, but that ear is excellent.
(And no, I’m not some ear-fetish person! :lol: )
~OM

i love the look of that blood, mind if i ask how that was done?

C-Mad: Thanks! Are you sure you don’t have an ear fetish? :smiley:
I modeled the ear with the base mesh before I imported it into ZBrush. It
actually looks too rigid to me, I’m going make it look more organic.

Digital_Vulture: Thanks! You're the first one to appreciate the blood! Everybody says it looks like car paint and it does kinda look like paint because of the shader. I made it by first masking the shape of the blood from the hires level of my model I then used the extract button to separate it into another subtool.

Here’s an update on my Samurai. I’m going to bring this head into Unreal 3 when It’s finished. Please feel free to paintover these images if you have suggestions on improving it.

![Pongstah_Gun_Samurai_WIP_004.jpg|800x600](upload://32RGjiOZLAKc3uK8Ie9ZjRQafjy.jpeg)

Attachments

Pongstah_Gun_Samurai_WIP_005.jpg

the blood reminds me of the blood orbs from the diablo series actually, thats probably why i like it

Made the face less stylized. The armor is just a quick ZBrush sketch and will be replaced once the design is finalized.

Pongstah_Gun_Samurai_WIP_006b.jpg

People said he doesn’t look asian so I tweaked the eyes and cheekbones, I also added more wrinkles and scars to make him look older. I think this head is almost done, just have to fix the transition between the skin and hair then I’ll proceed to retopologizing and making the lowpoly game ready version.

Pongstah_Gun_Samurai_WIP_007.jpg

Very cool work! Keep on rocking!
Best regards, Selwy

hey man!! i like this, nice textures and great render! what your used for render?

dude i dont knwo wat others r saying…but i love ur work man…
that gargoyle and the blood looks cool…
and the samurai…i guess even with a silhoutte i could have asuumed thats its an asian chap…
best of luck bro…

the latest image of the samurai made a huge improvement as compared to the early stages but you may try sinking in the hair some more beside the ear.

Wicked !

I like the expression in your work, very hatefull. And design and sculpting are great ! Keep on. :wink:

selwy: Wow Thanks! I’m a big fan of your work. Your sculpt are inspirational to me. I created a link to your website on my blog, hope you don’t mind.

3dzeiro: Thanks! I used ZBrush best render settings. I rendered separate passes then composite and tweaked in Photoshop.

neozerahan: Thanks! Appreciate your comments.

Batang_Noypi: Ah yes there’s a gap there. Thanks for pointing it out.

HellGrind: Thanks! I wanted him to look like he’s been through a lot of battles.

Almost forgot about this thread. Adding my recent characters here.

This is a bit older.

nYvKxAj.jpg

06JF1O6.jpg

And my more recent sculpts.

New face sculpt