Default Action Hero - Luna (female hero)

Hi!

My name is Robert Krinzinger and I created following action hero to join this contest. I hope you will like it. Btw sorry for my english.

Luna4.jpg

Artist: Robert Krinzinger

Hero's real name: Angela Muratori
    Hero's nickname: Luna

Back story and powers:
    Angela was born on a dramatic way. First of all, she was born during a total eclipse of the moon happened. Second her mother died after her delivery. And last she was born with the genetic defect "Xeroderma pigmentosum" short XP as a "moon child".
    Her illness was the basic reason why she was so isolated. Because of her genetic defect she has to stay inside a room where no sunshine come in that can damage her skin. Often she feel like a vampire because the only time she could play outside were the nights when the bright moon shines.
    Her Father was a very rich man, but Angela doesn't know how her father really earned money. She only knows, that he has much power and a lots of people work for him. He loves Angela, and he does everything for her.
    Because of her isolation Angela gots a very good basic knowledge and training in different kind of sports she can do inside (mainly martial art).

One month before she gets 20 years, some strange things happened.
    The first thing happened in the night of the full moon. In this night a small mark appears on her breast. Seven nights later a second mark appears in her right hand. Another seven nights later, it was the night of the new moon, a mark on her neck appears. Again seven nights later a mark in her left hand appears. While this whole time she got pains and her perception changed from time to time. So she wents to some doctors but nobody could help her.
    Seven days after the appearing of the last mark she has her 20th birthday.
    The night of her birthday was a special night - a total eclipse of the moon happened. While the moon wents into the shadow of the earth and gets red all four marks she got changed into four blue shimmering signs:
    a full moon (breast),
    a waning moon (right hand),
    a new moon (neck) and
    a waxing moon (left hand).
    After all a fifth sign rise on her forehead - the sign of a total eclipsed moon.
    In this moment she got some special powers:
    - she could see in darkness like on a bright shine day (if she do this, her eyes glow up with a blue color)
    - she could hear every little noise
    - every full moon her body recovers
    - she got the power of attraction, so she can move water (btw it's difficult to use)
    - and her primery power/weapon - if she wants two "moon-light-blades" come out of the signs in her hands
    While she got her abilities, she got much pain and after she passed out.

At the same time Angela's father was killed in a mysterious way.
    When Angela has been informed by the police, that her father was killed, she takes her nickname "Luna" and vowed vengeance.
    And now her adventure begun. Now she find out what her father really has worked for, why he was killed and who was/were the killer(s).

Luna1.jpg

Luna2.jpg
    Last edited by robert k.; 01-05-09 at 09:03 AM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Looking like a cool entry here. Wonder how I missed it. I'd love to see this character when she's using the "moon-light-blades"....must be great. Look forward for your sculpt.

nice concept. and i like female heros! so, keep moving!

@ SolidSnakexxx and wethand: Thank you for your compliments. I hope I will impress you again.

Here is an update of my action hero project:

Luna_doc_ZSphere.jpg

Here you can see the steps I've been working.
    I started with an ZSphere-model, make an adaptive skin-model, exported it into Cinema4D to change some points and polygons and imported it into ZBrush again.

Next step is to model with the move-brush.

Hey! This looks pretty good. It's a nice concept. I also hope to see more of it.

@hiro: thanks for interest. I hope I will finish my work.

Here is the next step on my project.

Luna_doc_MovBrushLev1.jpg
    top: generated mesh of ZSpheres; bottom: after work with move-brush

I've moved the points of my generated modell with the move-brush to get a better look. This step is done in the "sublevel 1".
    Next step is to divide the mesh and move points with the move-brush to get more details. After this step I think I can start to sculpting - yeah.

su
    robert

Hi!

Here is an update of my project:
    First I made some edge loops for the breasts and moved the points to the positions I wanted.
    Than I divided my mesh to sublev6 and began to sculp the muscles. I used the rake-brush (is one of my favorite brush), because you get a good feeling for the details.

Next steps will be sculpting the face, the hands and the feets. After I will smooth my model and put some details like love handles on it. So it will look like more natural as jet.

Luna_doc_RakeBrushBody.jpg

Thank you for joining my project.

Best wishes from Austria
    Robert

Whoa....she's ripped.. Just a small comment, she seems a little stiff at the moment, but other than that shes's coming along nicely.

Cool character. I like ur Zsphere hands. I had troubles with that part =( im a dum dum when it comes to z spheres. But yea good start. Her tummy should be out more and the back where her tummy is sould be in more. I dont want to critic too much cause it looks like ur still working on the inital parts K waiting to see more

-Tony

Default Update: Headsculpting

Hi!

Today I give you an update of my project.
    Last days I've sculpted the head, I hope you will like it. Please give me your comments.

@solidsnakexxx and snoopalu:
    Thank you for your comments. I'm sorry that I didn't answered you prompt, but the last day I was still working in the company and on my action modell.
    You are right, when you think, that my modell looks little bit stiff and the tummy and the back isn't there where it should be, but I hope I will fix this problems next days.

Here is my update. Do not hesitate to give me some critics (or honours).

Luna_doc_Head1.jpg

Next steps:
    - Proportions of the backhead
    - insert into the body
    - retopologic of model (I hope the skin in the face will be clean)
    - hair

su
    robert k.

Looking good so far on the head. May be the top of the head's a bit flat? But other than that..this is progressing quite well

Cool - nice sculpting. Keep on working - I want to see more.

Default Update: finishing sculpting

Hi!

Puhh! - now I think I'm ready with the first sculpt of my model. Next step is to retopologic it. I hope it won't take to much time but I will see.

Please let me know what you think about it.

Here is a the body:
    Luna_doc_Body.jpg

and here are some details:
    Luna_doc_Head2.jpg

su
    robert k.

Default Turnaround view

Hi!

This is only a turnaround view of my model. I wanted to show you yesterday, but I've forgotten.

Please let me know what you think about it.

LunaTurn1.gif

youve got some nice details going on her. you cant see too much in your turnaround though. keep it up

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast