Default Action Hero - Mirage

Action Hero: Mirage

Artist: Diego Melgar

Back story: In a time when science and technology had evolved tremendously, there was a belief that superheroes could become reality. A belief that we could make heroes such as the ones we saw in comic books and movies become real live individuals.

Dr. Wu had dedicated many years of his life to such dream. He had been trying to develop a way to give people distinct abilities in order to help the world overcome evil and to save the innocent without sacrificing any other life while doing so.

But Dr. Wu could not do it alone, though he had the brain power, he didn’t have the means to fund his research and development. So he called upon Mr. Stromberg, a well known investor at the time.

Years after they began, Dr. Wu had finally developed a way to give regular people supernatural abilities. With such development, Mr. Stromberg had plans of his own. He believed he could very well be the most powerful man on earth if he could offer such a gift to those who had the money to buy, ultimately making him the richest and most powerful man on earth.

Being aware of what was going on in Mr. Stromberg’s mind; Dr. Wu was set to destroy everything, for he would be no accomplice to such evil ways. But it was too late, by the time he had arrived to the lab, everything was taken, and there was nothing left.

Knowing that his life was a risk, he called the only person he trusted and the only one who was aware of what was going on all these years besides Mr. Stromberg.

Naida Simmons was not only a lifelong friend of Dr. Wu, but also a lifelong apprentice. She followed all his work ever since they met and she believed he could one day change the world.

Dr. Wu had called Naida and asked her to meet him at his house immediately. He had been secretly backing up his work in case anything would ever go wrong. He explained the situation he was in, and told her he might not be alive for much longer. Dr. Wu asked Naida to use what he had given her, and make herself supernatural. This was the only way someone could collect all of what was stolen at the lab and destroy it.

Not long after, Dr. Wu was found dead in his home. Naida had heard the news and made a promise to do as Dr. Wu requested. Since then she has been searching, and along the way, fighting those who have been given abilities, abilities which were only being used for evil.

Powers: Mirage (Naida Simmons) has the ability to run at very fast speeds, being that this is her only supernatural power; she found the means to create a power suit. All the years spent with Dr. Wu and all his research enabled her to develop new ways to make herself even more supernatural.

The main powers of the suit are located in the gloves. The suit itself acts as a power surge for the gloves. One glove allows her to move objects of great mass by pointing at them, somewhat like a giant magnet. The other glove gives her the power to create a blast wave. Such great powers come at a price, the suit acts like a rechargeable battery which can only be used for a certain amount of time before it runs out of juice. In the case the suit were to run out of charge, Mirage would have to rely on her speed as her only mean for getting away or fighting back.

1.jpg
    Last edited by cacacho; 01-09-09 at 07:33 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I like the idea of super suit. It would one day be a reality and used in military for power suit infantries.. Cool idea...look forward to it.

Ah! Super suits rock!! and a fine looking woman there to boot!

you should give her heelys diego haha. Lots of luck mang!

Action Hero: Titana

3DMob

New Member Follow User Gallery

Maybe by running she charges up her suit, and the faster she runs the more powerful her other powers are. Good start man. Now stop playing FIFA and get back to work!
    Action Hero Contest - Samurai Beetle

Hi cacacho...
    cool concept sketch and I really love her suit
    Those are one of my favourite colours
    I´m looking forward for the sculpting progress...
    Best wishes

New Member Follow User Gallery

cool character...Did you use your girlfriend as reference , it looks great

Wonderfull Sketche and a very Nice BS!

Good Luck!
    Beto Prado
    FreeLancer Character Modeler & Designer
    betoprado@mac.com

Well here is the start of my sculpt, I made a basic mesh in Maya (the ultimate 3d package ) As of right now I have a basic rough out of the face and the body. I'm sculpting her with a screaming expression because of the pose she's going to be in, so don't get any perverted ideas about why I have the mouth open : )

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg

Looks like you have quite a good start there. Looking good so far... and I didn't think the open mouth was weird or anything

Nice start. I think you could make your life easier if the helmet would be an other mesh, separate from the base mesh.

cool start!
    keep going

Well here is my latest, a bit busy on other things so I couldn't get much done, this is still a work in progress, not too sure on the final design of the helmet yet.

1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	50.7 KB 
ID:	123568  

Super Moderator Follow User Gallery

Please note that the rules require that your entry be updated at least once per week. If no updates have been made on this entry within the next 48 hours I'm going to have to disqualify it.

Questions about using ZBrush? Check out these valuable resources:

ZBrush Tutorial Movies: Link
    Download Center: (PDF documentation, models, plugins): Link

Online Documentation: Link

ZBC FAQ: http://www.zbrushcentral.com/faq.php
    ZBC Advanced Search:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/search....st&forumchoice

Here is an update of the jacket I'm working on, haven't had time to do much lately due to work, school, and freelance. I'm hoping to get caught up this weekend. I know there isn't much to look at, but if you guys have any suggestions or comments please let me know.

Jacket_wip.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast