Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Default Action Hero - Torment(villain)

Action Hero entry by Dennis Liebelt

Hello everybody,
    this is my first post on zbc and also my first challenge ever. So i dont expect to win any prizes and mb i just wont even finish but i hope to gain some xp & have some fun. I'm glad i saw this before the entry date was over.

So heres the idea:
    After the patriotic Seargant Greg, a gifted fighter, was abused in a military basement and got used for biolgoical & cybernetical experiments to form the superior soldier, he managed to escape. Seeking for revenge he got on a bloody trip on which he killed one after the other the ones which were involved including their innocent families . Thats how he got the nickname Torment soon. When he had finished his trip of revenge he recognized that the hunger for battle & blood hasnt vanished yet. Since that time he fights & assasinate for the pleasure of it and the one who pays the most.

Special Abilities: Modified Muscle & skeleton for more speed & bigger toughness,Eye Implants for heat/night vision including feedback of a tactical computer about his opponent.

And here is a real simple concept. Im a real noob at concept sketching and the contest is already running quite a while so i sketched only very very few informations in it. I will design & find form a lot during modelling ^^
    So letz get started Excuse my poor english....

tormentconcept Kopie.jpg

Hi Ya MDGeist. Welcome to the contest. Just by entering I'm certain you will learn loads from sculpting and others in this forum. Your character idea is quite cool. I look forward to seeing this in ZBrush realm.

Just created a little humanoid basemesh out of zSpheres. I think i later have to retopologize & cut it 2 pieces for high frequenzy detail but i think it will be enough to find some forms in the beginning.

baseMesh.JPG

Just began to block In the Head. Dunno if i like how it is coming out. i will watch it tomorrow and mb redo it then. C&C are always welcome.

headblockin.JPG

New Member Follow User Gallery

Hello and welcome MDGeist, your concept is interesting and I can't wait to see more progress. Some critique on your head thus far: with ears I generally line the top of the ear up with the brow line, just above the eye. I understand this is just roughed in but that's the first thing I noticed. Hope this helps, once again I look forward to seeing more.
    Cheers,

Jar3D

@jar3d thx for the advice i fixed it and it definetaly looks better now

Just found al litle time to blockIn the torso. Im not good at human anatomy so i think i have to take a closer look on some reference images to take him further. I think next i will do the hands, its no fun sculpting hands in zbrush i think. Mb i start after that working on the body armor, so i can concentrate on the muscle shapes wich will be visible when he is not naked anymore
    C&C are very welcome

torsoBlockIn.JPG

Hello,
    after the weekend and after searching for some cool concept for the bodyarmor here are my current results. My first ideas were going else too much in the knight armor type or on the other hand too much into the cyborg armor type direction. Because i want him a inbetween of warrior and assasin i decided to just test kind of leather bodysuit. I think a superhero or villain just needs a symbol like the S on Superman so i tried to modell some kind of real stylized Beast or Wolfhead on his chest which may support the flow of the form. Still very much to do but i think this is kind of getting closer....
    bodyarmor.JPG

handblockin.JPG
    some little update on the hands

materialtest.JPG
    just some tests with different materials

looking good so far keep working on the sculpt

Cool looking cloth design..I like it that the armor's like patches of hides or something.. However in the last post, you put in a bit dark color which render it very black and the seams are barely noticeable. Other than that this is coming along great.

Ok here are some little updates
    i spent a little time refining the arms & the shoulder area. I definitely have to improve my miserable anatomy skills... way too bad results with too much time spent for doing that.....

armsupdate.JPG

i put together a little concept idea for his rifle.
    weaponsnipergrenadeconcepting.jpg

@sazar26
    thx, i will sure do

@SolidSnake
    thank you I'm glad u like the direction the cloth design is going. I just put some seams and some materials/color on the different parts to see how they may come out later. I will adjust/ evolve them later in process.
    My sculpting improvement thread
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=91352

Its getting late so i will stop for today... i created a basemesh for the rifle, sculpted a throwing knive, blocked in a little the boots, did a little on his pants as well some blocking in of the claw weapon. Im thinking a lot about the design and im not really satisfied at the moment, so i will oversleep it and put tomorrow some time on it. Any suggestions, ideas, critics are very welcome
    cloth_weapon_update.JPG

nice, i like it. im looking forward to when you pose him

I like his added accessories. This guy got loads of both short range / long range weapon...This will make him a very formidable villain.

Hello
    i haven't found that much time the last days to do something on the modell but here is a little update. I think of reconstructing the topology soon would be a good thing now, but im not sure what would be the best way to go. For myself it would be real nice if i could bring him to a level where i could use him as my first modell in my showreel and dont just throw it away afterwards like all the others. In thought of that i try to do as much as possible in this boring emotionless T-Pose. Its getting real hard not to try to give him some facial expression but i want to redo the face when i posed him, so i can create it more in relation to the final image. I think it would be the best to retopology him now before i start of posing an detailing him in Zbrush so i could create some fitting uvs and maps for using him in maya an maybe even try some rigging. So im kind out of idea whats best now. For example is it better for that to leave parts like the bodyarmor and the hose as seperate geometry or should i better combine as much as possible into a single mesh? Maybe after the materials i want to use? If someone could give me some advice it would be a real help for me. clothupdate.JPG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast