Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I like the paint job so far. She's gonna look cool

Nice!! i like the wires also,and the accesories look cool 2!!!

I've missed this one until now. She looks really good. Great work on all those details
    Chris Curtis

~ Looking for work ~

2011 Modeling Reel
    Website

Sketchbook

Thanks again for all of your kind words, folks! I'm on the home stretch, and wanted to go ahead and try posting my youtube links so I can be sure they will work.

I know we are to submit a 5-10 minute transpose video, but unfortunately I didn't realize I was recording at double-speed. I have these two which together are a bit over five minutes, I hope that's ok! I do have another 10 minute video but unfortunately it's just a few seconds over youtube's limit, so if I can get to editing it down I'll post it as well!

I was having trouble using Transpose Master for my whole subtool-heavy character, so I began by posing the body alone. I did come up with a good alternate way to use Transpose Master to get the gear in place, however.

Fortunately, rather than having to pose every buckle and strap independently, I was able to use Transpose Master to group sets of subtools together for positioning. Not as handy as posing the whole model at once, but better than moving every single part independently! I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere, but if it's of any help to anyone, here's a mini-tutorial:

1. What I did was go through the model and group subtools together that I would want to position as a group. I used subtool master to do this.

2. For instance, for the head gear I didn't want to have to move each subtool to line up with the newly-posed head separately. So, I hid everything but the goggles, braingear, hair pieces, goggle straps, and wires, and then used Subtool Master to "delete invisible."

3. I knew I didn't want to use Subtoll Master to "merge" these subtools together, mainly because I wanted to be sure that, after posing, all of my subtools would still be separated and that I wouldn't have to do a lot of reconstruct subdiv and re-separating. I thus used Transpose Master to temporarily group subtools and pose them.

4. Back to the headgear, having "deleted invisble" and having only a set of headgear to contend with, I then created a TposeMesh using Transpose master of the headgear "group." This allowed me to position all of the head-related parts at the same time.

5. I then appended the posed body to the Headgear TposeMesh so that I could align the whole set of goggles, hair, straps, etc. to the head all at once.

6. Once aligned to the body, I deleted the posed body from the Tposemesh's subtool list, and hit Tpose > SubT. This transferred the new pose to the hi-res, separated head subtools.

7. I then loaded the posed body again, and appended each bit of headgear separately to the head, each now in a more correct position thanks to Transpose Master.

I hope that makes sense! It helped me a lot and saved me plenty of time over having to move each buckle and zipper individually! I tried capping a video of this part of the process, but I was having performance issues and had to keep reinitializing zbrush to get a clean slate as I went through and grouped different objects.

In any case, I now have gear roughly in place and I just need to do final tweaking! I'll try and get another image up today if I can!

Sweet video's,thank's for the insight

Nice vid, entrop23 and thank you for the detailed explanation...very clear

Thanks for all of your encouragement and feedback folks! Good luck to all of you in your various contest and non-contest zbrush endeavors!

My next post will be my final entry! Despite some CPU overheating issues today (scary!) I was able to get everything rendered. The only real problem I had due to overheating was that I couldn't create a turntable render in "best quality" mode without it crashing, so I had to settle for a "preview quality" turntable. Ah well, it's Youtube anyway, so it's not going to look as nice as the still images anyway. I made sure to include plenty of angles of those!

This has been a great contest and I have learned a ton of new Zbrush tricks! There are a ton of great entries and an amazing range of style and subject matter! Happy zbrushing to everyone!

Default Final Entry

Final Entry

Final Composition (with Photoshop tweaks):

hyper_final_maincomp.jpg

Zbrush-only renders without Photoshop tweaks:

Non-photoshopped version of Final Comp:

hyper_final_maincomp_alt.jpg

Alternate Angle:

hyper_final_R34.jpg

Close-up:

hyper_final_face.jpg

Right Side:

hyper_final_Rside.jpg

Left Side:

hyper_final_Lside.jpg

Turntable Render:

Transpose Session:

Thanks Etcher, and thanks for all of everyone's support and comments! Now that the contest is over, once I get some time I plan to make a low-poly game character out of Hyper, and some additional texture work. Busy times right now, but when I get that done, I'll be sure to update on the forums. Thanks again!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234