Member Follow User Gallery

Default HelixDnB's SketchBook and WIP madness!

So journey along with me as we go through the trials and tribulations of learning ZBrush and making my zbrushing more-gooder!

I've only been doing it for a short time (I'd say since September really) but since then I've been picking it up more and more - picking up tricks and techniques and whatnot. Different ideas and different things to try out. Especially by browsing this forum and cgtalk amongst others - provides an endless amount of inspiration and amazement as well.

Without further adieu:

Alien Head Guy (WIP):

Been working on this guy for quite a while now when I have the time to do so (an hour here, 30 mins there, etc) and he's been progressing steadily over-time. Here's the latest with him:

fronthead.jpg
    sidehead.jpg
    backhead.jpg
    othersidehead.jpg

I've started drawing out the rest of him and what he'll be (since I want him to be a full character) and I'll be starting to work on that soon.

The next 2 are going to be going on Pillars. It's part of an 8 face set that will be going on 8 different pillars for a scene. The pillar itself:

pillar.jpg
    ^Made in Maya - Quick render to show what the faces will be going on.

Here are the first two faces that were completed in an afternoon (roughly 3-4 hours combined for the both of them):

skullpil-1a.jpg
    skullpil-1b.jpg

and

skullpil-2a.jpg
    skullpil-2b.jpg

Let me know what you guys think - as always, comments and critique are quite welcome!

-Helix

Another one I started this morning - Kinda taking a little bit of an idea from the PacMan up on the top row - Killer Hershey's Kiss - Because they're just tired of being so goddamn delicious!

Only 20 mins so far but, it's coming along.

kiss1.jpg
    kiss2.jpg

In an attempt to do something new/improve on something every day, this is something I was working on today during after effects rendering. I'll be doing much more to it - as of right now it's just getting the base armor setup/looking right before I can focus on the rest.

soldierfront.jpg
    soldierback.jpg

Very early stages for this one.

Some more stuff - keeping with the "Something new every day" theme.

First an update to the killer kiss:

kiss3.jpg

Now, some work I did for starting to work on 1 of the arms of the alien guy:

arm1.jpg
    arm2.jpg
    arm3.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!

Another pillar face:
    1.jpg
    2.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey there, welcome to ZBC. I like alot of your concepts, but I think you would really benifit from doing some anatomy studies to understand the basic structure of bipeds and then apply your concepts to them. I can't wait to see your progress!

Quote Originally Posted by Audiodoc
    Hey there, welcome to ZBC. I like alot of your concepts, but I think you would really benifit from doing some anatomy studies to understand the basic structure of bipeds and then apply your concepts to them. I can't wait to see your progress!
    I want to thank you for replying - it kinda kicked my ass in the right direction. I knew that I had to learn the anatomy side of it but I was always just like "ehhhh, I'll just doodle something" - can't get better that way yanno?

So I got the ZBrush Character Creation book and I've been following it along. Here's the latest and greatest with it. To say the least I'm pleased with the progress as it's actually much more anatomically realistic than any of the other things I've been doing. I actually started another creature head before looking through the book and I can already tell about different things that I can now go ahead and do to fix that guy and make him SO much better even from 1 chapter alone.

Anyway, here's the guy, he's not done obviously, but, I'm gonna be working on him later to add more detail and realism. He started from a PolySphere. I just wanted to get the basic forms and structures down before I jumped into any detailing:

1.jpg
    2.jpg

Let me know what you guys think!
    Last edited by Helixdnb; 02-08-09 at 10:32 PM.

New Member Follow User Gallery

gday helix,nice work m8 ,i like what u have done with the proportions of your sculpts,one thing i must ask helix,is the first sculpt john merrick? gr8 stuff!!

John Merrick? Can't say I know who that is actually. The first sculpt is one that started out as the basic human head model that comes with ZBrush and I just went from there to see where it went. I didn't have anything that I was going for from the beginning (actually he was a friendly guy until I added the face to the back part of his head - it was going to be just an alien head until I thought "hmmm, what would it look like with a face right here?", which turned him into a disfigured monstrosity).

Thanks for the looks and the comments!

Some updates:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Been really working on the anatomy of him for most of it rather than dealing with any major detailing. So far it's the best work I've done - anatomy wise. It's for the weekly mini-challenge going on right now. So far so good - gonna work on getting everything set before I go about detailing.

Let me know what you think!

hi there, good work

But I was wondering why this is in the top row?? (no offense to anyone)
    Cheers
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

I don't see it in the top row?

Last edited by mjolnir; 03-17-09 at 07:20 AM.

Last edited by mjolnir; 03-17-09 at 07:19 AM.

sorry about that man... no offense...
    Last edited by mjolnir; 03-17-09 at 07:18 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast