ZBrushCentral

WZSG #1 - Sci-Fi Character - Futuristic Demon

Welcome to the first Weekly ZSketch Group challenge. Every Sunday a new thread and topic will be posted. You will have until Saturday evening to submit your final sculpt!

This is for purely for fun and learning and people of all skill levels are invited to join in.

:b2: Rules & Directions

:ex: Your sculpt must be made entirely in ZBrush. You are free to use Photoshop for finalizing your image. (folks with simple pre-made base meshes from max/maya/etc are free to use those as well)
:ex: Your sculpt must attempt to convey the theme/design for that weeks challenge, which is listed in the title and in the weekly thread.
:ex: You are allowed to use any custom brushes/alphas/matcaps.
:ex: Once you have completed your submission, post the image in the weekly thread.
:ex: Have fun!

Weekly ZSketch Group #1

Theme: Sci-Fi Character (Bust or Complete) - “Futuristic Demon”
[font=Book Antiqua][color=YellowGreen]
translation: create a bust or complete sci-fi character with the “futuristic demon” theme.

Happy Sculpting!

Sounds like loads of fun. I suggest we dont use textures but instead use only a single matcap. This will then stress the sculpting aspect. What do you think?

Also, what are the final submission dimensions? I really thing have a standard will make it easier to view.

Cheers!

Agreed on the Matcap aspect.

How many people are planning on submitting for this challenge?

I plan on submitting something.

Double post

Everyone is charging their batteries…:cool:

I just can’t do it captian, I need more powa!!!

Count me in! if i get the time!
but hopefully there will be a new sculpt every week!

Yes this is Awesome…Count me in as well.

The deadline has passed for the first topic…what is the next one we are not going to do?..:lol:

Well Nobody submitted for the first, so I assumed there was a lack of interest. I’d be willing to try a restart to the idea, but I want to make sure we have enough people on board that will actually submit sketches.

oh stupid me i didnt realize that was the subject for last weeks and i still went and did some sculpting for it lol… I dont know if i should post it or wait untill the next challenge… lol

Ah, why throw away a good topic if no one posted on it in the first place? Why not carry it forward a week? I love the idea of a bust or just a sketch. What do you guys think?

If we’re hell bent on a new topic–maybe no one posted because this one didn’t speak to them?–what about a futuristic cupid? Or just a non-standard take on cupid?

We can carry it forward. If you want to join in on the restart, signup in the thread in this forum.

i think it is a good idea to have something like this and i do like the idea that you are trying to get the zbrush community more involved. :+1: and if more people join it will be something i will look forward to every week.

Audiodoc, just for clarity, this is the tread to post things/sign up, yeah?

No there is another thread below this one called the sign up thread if you wanna signup

I actually signed up for the forums yesterday because I had just bought Zbrush and a friend of mine told me about a superhero design contest you were having on here. Apparently yesterday is when the contest ended.
I was pretty disappointed but after taking a look around I know that this is a great opportunity to learn.

This is one of my first models and I worked on it all morning…

Hopefully it fits in with the challenge!
I can’t wait for the next one!

Attachments

Future Demon FRONT.jpg

Future Demon SIDE.jpg