ZBrushCentral

Beastie

Hey dudes !
this is my first Z-project ever, It’s also the first 3D i’ve done in a year and a half :smiley: This took me about two hours as I read a small tutorial about organic modeling in Z. My wacom is broke so I used all mouse, hehe.

I hope ya like it, I’m so happy with Z brush, i’ve been waiting learn it until I could buy the full version which took me quite some time.

I do have a couple questions that I would love to hear what ya know.

how do I get antialiasing??

how do I restore some of the more stretched out parts, like near the corner of the mouth that seem more poly-fied ???

what a fantastic program, years ahead of it’s time !!! and miles ahead of any other modeler i have seen, that’s coming from 3 years of lightwave experience :cool: This would have taken days instead of hours in LW. Z is like sculpting with clay, minus the goop in yer fingernails. hehe, perfect !!

I’ll be coloring him today to, so look out, I’ll have more pics as this guy progresses
:slight_smile:

Hi Xadeus
Tha anti aliasing in Zbrush is the AA Format
You Find it in the Zoom Menu :slight_smile:
Move the mouse on the icone + Ctrl for have the explanation on line :slight_smile:
Hope this help!
And Yes it’s like clay :rolleyes:
Have happy Zbrushing!
Pilou
ps An Another lightwaver subjugated by Zbrush (cruel world) :smiley:
Pss And great beastie (cute ears :slight_smile:

Thanks Frenchie !
hmm, yep, I don’t know if i’ll ever use LW again, haha. I’ll leave that to the folks who don’t mind the pain of pulling one’s own hair out, ha !

ok, here’s a tiny version with the color on it, eyes next, then the textures…

I’d really like to have teeth on this thing, tons of little razor teeth, any tips there??? I’m a bit nervous about managing hundreds of little primitive cones, especially since this my first day using Z. hehe

I’m gonna build some shoulders and a hat on him too, that’ll come after the head is finished though. this will go to a final piece. I need it desperately for my portfolio, job hunting this week :frowning: :smiley:

love at first sight for Z I’m blown away, really

Great first model. :+1: :+1:

People have different ways of doing teeth, but I found the way below easiest for me…

-Choose the Ring3D tool.
-In the Transform palette, click on X symetry.

• In TOOL>MODIFIER>INITIALIZE, set the coverage slider to 180.
    -In TOOL>MODIFIER>DEFORMATION adjust the size slider with the Y axis choosen only, to the size you want the gums.
    -Divide/smooth the model a couple times.
    -Then mask the position of each tooth on the gums using the mouse/pen and holding the CTRL button on the keyboard.
    -In TOOL>MODIFIER>SELECTION click INVERSE.
    -Then in the DEFORMATION palette, either use the SIZE or INFLATE sliders to raise the teeth. Or experiment using the other sliders TAPER, GRAVITY etc. to make the teeth pointed… You can also leave it masked and use MOVE in the transform menu to pull each tooth down… This way the gum areas around the tooth are masked, so wont be affected by moving the tooth.

I did may be the same thing as nocturnal451 even made a zscript if u wanna check it out is right out in the forum called Hero u’ll find it there hope it’s helpful. Great pic by the way am also learning that hero thingy is my 5 pic. well Man take care :+1: :+1:

Hi Xadeus
You can use the Cameyo’s Zplace Script for your teeth :slight_smile:
But for a first day maybe it’s too much :smiley:
Pilou
Cameyo’s Zplace (page down)

oh wow, thank so much ya’ll
i’ll give these methods a try
i have the eyes in and painted, and am workin’ on the texture, another image very soon :smiley:

Hey ya’ll

well, I had to go back and repaint, hehe I didn’t know about texture master, so I learned it, and finished this off, unfortunately, this is the final size of the image I could get out, I don’t understand how to make it larger, but this is pretty much finalized for what i wanted none-the-less, i accomplished what i wanted to, just wish it was bigger, so I’ve learned how to make a project with this program and will be using it often now, hope ya like my beastie !! :smiley:

thats great work I like your lighting settings :eek: :eek: :eek:

Excellent first project! Glad to hear you’re enjoying ZBrush so much. :slight_smile:

To help out with a couple of your questions:

The key to successful antialiasing is to plan ahead. Create your document at twice the planned size (you can resize the document in the Advanced Document palette). When finished, use the AA Half view before exporting, as has already been suggested.

To clean up stretched polygons, the best approach is generally to mask them, invert the mask, and then use the Divide deformation. This will split the stretched polygons, resulting in more uniform size again.

Hope that helps!

Thanks so much ya’ll :smiley: I’m glad ya like my creature, it WAS a blast to make I’m starting another Z project today cause I’m so pumped !

Also, thanks for the tips throughout this thread, very, very helpful

Aurick, great help with stretched polys!
I do have a question about the render size however, I made my document 2500 x2500, but when I exported it, it was the same size as the Zbrush screen, so I guess I’m a bit confused there… ??

much thanks !

Nice coloring, and the eyes fit very well.