ZBrushCentral

Heath Ledger / The Joker

Hello,

I just want to share this Heath Ledger model that I’ve been working on recently…I also posted on CGtalk so you might already seen it

I’m just gonna dump all the images from start

There are couple early renders on my site:

http://student.vfs.com/~3d68max/joker.html

I used XSI/Zbrush for modeling, Maya for rendering, Shave and Haircut for the hair, and photoshop for texturing

I’m still working on it, but I dont think there will be much different than now

Hope u like it !

Max

glad to be the first who congrats you for great work … beautiful modeling and texturing as well :+1:

nice one max! great work once again! term 5 for me! eeep.

WOOO HAHAHA! Now thats a work of art!

This is awesome…:slight_smile: I am actually watching this movie as we speak…will you model Harvey Dent next?

Wow. Fantastic likeness. Well done.

Awesome stuff…:smiley:
great likeness…

Hair on a 3d model is one of the hardest things to pull off and you have done that very convincingly. This could even be mistaken of a photo of the real actor. Well done.

You got the likeness down. And I think that the vest was his best outfit in the movie, besides the nurse. I’m curious on how you managed to get poly card hair to look like its growing out of his skull? Are you using any particles to blend between the hair cards and the scalp?

:+1: :+1:

brilliant!

It’s a phenomenal work, but he looks too young to me.

In my opinion, his face is lacking the extra weight that it should have.

If not for the forehead, neck and eye wrinkles and base skin texture, I’d think this was a joker in his early twenties.

Regardless of age, there’s a haggardness and recklessness to the latest joker that this doesn’t capture.

Great work though :slight_smile:

wow, fantastic work. I thought it was a photograph the first time I saw it.

This is just awesome ! Top row stuff. Any chance to tell us your secret?:wink:
Likeness, Shaders and Textures are most impressive!:+1:
Have fun,

Carsten

great - looks just like the man [I’m actually watching the movie now :lol: ]… the only thing I’m missing is a bit more sparkle in the eyes - a stronger reflection would’ve been nice

also the whiteness of the makeup isn’t quite there - obviously with the sss underneath it’s hard to get - perhaps using a weight map to get rid of the sub and epidermal influence where the white patchess are could work in bringing it out [just a thought :)]

Amazing likeness, really superb!

You’ve captured Heath’s evil portral very well! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: The hair is outstanding! The skin and paint on top looks very real. Very nice work on the clothing. A little more sparkle in this evil dude’s eyes and you’ll have a 10.
Gary

looks nothing like heath ledger, its rubbish.
just though i would put some negativity in to this thread.

seriously, bloodly fine work, some of the best ive seen on this site (and thats sayying alot)

Hello,

thx all for the comments and suggestion :smiley:

I’ll see what I can do to improve…I’m not really sure how to fix the white paint though…

there r some question regarding the hairs, I used shave and haircut with p_hairTK shader, the poly hair is just a guide…

It looks like this:

alright, thx again guys :smiley:

Max

Hey Max, it is looking great! Can you tell us a little more about your lighting and rendering setup? Any special shaders?

It would be really great if you could share more information about how ZBrush was used in this project!