Hi,

caffeineandpixels that's good idea, really, wish i have time for all of that
    undoz thanks, yes I used h&f but final effect is a matter of postproduction in this case. I rendered h&f separately because it didn't render in whole scene. Light setup is quite simple, there are three mr area omni (back light, key and rim light) and skylight+fg for global illumination.
    Bacground is too dark to let You focus on the character model, I think it will be sunset sky in final version but I'm too lazy to finish it
    Darukin thank You very much!
    Ether thanks man!

I tried to create female face this time, I'm not happy with skin material, ears and eyes. Still working on it.

face1.jpg
    face2.jpg

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I like that skin shader, can you provide some screen shots of its setup, and a pic without the difuse colour please? Lighting of the scene would be cool. Im trying to attain this kinda shader in Modo.

Your texturing is great. How do you go about achieving it?

Looks very good!
    The skin (sculpting) looks great!

Smile

Hi Tomala, new sculpt is great! I see what you mean with: "I'm not happy with skin material, ears and eyes" (mind you: I wouldn't be able to make this!), but I'm glad you posted and mentioned what bothers you, cause now we will be able to see/follow how you solve these issues !

tez, this is a setup of my skin shader and renders with no diffuse but as i said i'm still working on it:
    settingsJPG2.jpg
    no diffuse renders.jpg
    ZBrush renders.jpg

For bump map I used displacement map created in zbrush

KillahPriest thanks man, almost all of textures I post here was made in zbrush because i have big problem with ps on my comuter (if there's a need I'm using gimp). What I can say about texturing- I think theres a few great video tutorials that can be very usefull especially "character texturing for production" with Ian Joyner.
    Santis thanks
    Ether thanks man, that's motivating

Hello,
    I've just finished this head from posts above. Not really happy with final results, hope next one will be better.

portrait.jpg

How long did it take you to do those bumps...? They look spectacular! What kind of alpha are you using?

the buttons of her shirt are on the male side Nice work so far... The face feels a bit square and boxy in some renders but I really like the shaded version of the detail...

stunning work keep up the great work, that bump map man the bump. I never knew the buttons are placed differently on women shirts.

Member Follow User Gallery

very realistic work are here
    keep inspiring

HaloAnimator thanks , adding skin detail is a quite fast process. Before last subdivide I added some skin bumps using alpha 08 and spray stroke. After final subdivide I created other details with my pores alpha:
    skinpores4.jpg

It's the only non zbrush alpha that I'm using.
    In places where there's a lot of smal wrinkles(under eye area) I'm also used alpha 58 with spray stroke, it works werry well. Bigger details it's just dam_standart brush. The key is not try to do it too perfect and when you finish adding for example skin pores you need to spray them with other alpha to mask them in some places or make them less wisible.

Intervain, dzi***281;ki Magda I didn't knew that female shirts has buttons on oposite site Good advice for next projects.

aesis412 thank You very much

arunzb thank You too

Here ist the final subtool, I used decimation master to optimize shirt before export it to 3ds max. I must say it's a great plugin!

Ztool.jpg

THIS IS AMAZING!!, really nice sculpt.

can i ask how you made such nice hair? i see the mesh int he zbrush screenshot, but how did you get the final render of the hair and eyebrows so realistic?

(sorry if its a simple process, as right now im just trying to learn )

thanks for all the info on your alpha maps too, that will DEFINITELY help me a whole lot when i start sculpting.

idrisguitar thanks, eyeprows are just sculpted and painted
    For hair creation I used 3ds max's hair and fur. I used splines for hair guides:
    1.jpg

I created separated scene for h&f render. All materials in this scene are simple standart materaials to decrease render times. I also deleted all ploygons that aren't affected by hair shadows.
    Here are my hair settings, I think the most iportant for realistic effects are root and tips thickness, material settings, and because hair are made from splines you need to set root splay to splay hair root from line. I render hair with one pass in that case, it make them sharper:
    4.jpg

And very important thing is light and shadow of course. Rendering hair with raytraced shadows takes a lot of time. I used mental ray shadow map because it's a lot faster and if you use detailed shadow map you would get nice shadows. In max it's called transparent shadows so make that enabled. You can also switch on fast rasterizer in renderer options. I used 3 lights for that scene. Oh and all you need is to render hair and hair shadows. Too render only hair you need to select "none" in h&f composite method in env and effects settings:
    6.jpg

The whole model was rendered with raytraced shadows and FG because shadow maps aren't good for that. I combined hair and rest of render later in photoshop.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast