ZBrushCentral

some Z works by Tomala

Hello, this is my first work i decided to show here, i called it a priest.
Sculpt and textures done in zbrush, rendered in max (mental ray). I’m still working on final image :wink: . Oh and sorry for my english :smiley:

[attach=133068]sculpt1.jpg[/attach]
[attach=133234]1.jpg[/attach]

(to moderator: what should i do to see images directly in my post instead of links?)

Attachments

sculpt1.jpg

1.jpg

hello again, just wanted to post final version of this crap:

[Prist_test.jpg]

cool man, how did u do the hair? 4 stars from me

His shirt looks a little stiff. I would say it is the weakest part. Great job on the face though!

nice work mate, love the skin texture:)

Crap? Looks pretty amazing to me. I’ll be happy ecstatic if I get 1/5th as good.

Hi Tomala! No crap man! That’s a beatiful piece! Lookin’ forward to your next Z-works! :+1: !

Thanks for comments guys!

Phrost thanks :lol: I used hair & fur in max 2008 to create hair. I rendered it in mental ray to get hair shadows on head model and then one more time rendered hair only with alpha channel to use it in postproduction.
StealthSilver thanks, I fully agree with You.
euge thank You :slight_smile:
neurogenesis thanks man :slight_smile:
Ether nice to read such a kind words, thanks :slight_smile:

This is a work that i’m trying to finish from time to time since a couple of months. I spent some time on that character so I decided to show him here. I’m stil thinking on background :smiley: hope You like it:

the_pilot.jpg

Attachments

pilot_sculpt.jpg

pilot_wire.jpg

Man…i must be a complete noob at this…but how did you get the final rendered eyes to be so good? Ive always just went in and painted em up… :frowning:

This is TOP ROW stuff! I love it! Excellent work!

great work, reallly love the peice

cabl3_guy it’s a very simple eye with simple materials I didn’t spend much time on it. Materials are also simple, i used hdri map to get some reflections on eyes. You can place this hdri map in environment map or create hemisphere or something in front of your model and assign that hdri map to it.
[oko1.jpg]

SixxPixels thanks, I’m glad You like it :slight_smile:
arunzb thanks man :slight_smile:

You should do something similar to this of a vintage motorcyle racer with the goggles, puddin bucket helmet, British cafe racer or American board track racer motorcycle, etc. You wouldn’t even have to render it in color. It could look like an old sepia tone photo.

Very nice work. The materials look amazing!
Have you used hair and fur for the collar? Any details on the lighting setup?

I think the light color on his body doesn’t exactly match the background. The white balance is too perfect from what I would’ve expected from the lighting conditions suggested by the sky. I think he would benefit from some color grading in post.

Keep it up !

wow amazing works! very good shading / materials
And I love the sculpting especially of the heads / faces.

Hi again Tomala! Thank you so much for posting that pilot, 5 stars imo! Thanks also for the mini eye tut! Lookin’ forward to your new posts! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: !

Hi,

caffeineandpixels that’s good idea, really, wish i have time for all of that :wink:
undoz thanks, yes I used h&f but final effect is a matter of postproduction in this case. I rendered h&f separately because it didn’t render in whole scene. Light setup is quite simple, there are three mr area omni (back light, key and rim light) and skylight+fg for global illumination.
Bacground is too dark to let You focus on the character model, I think it will be sunset sky in final version but I’m too lazy to finish it :wink:
Darukin thank You very much!
Ether thanks man!

I tried to create female face this time, I’m not happy with skin material, ears and eyes. Still working on it.

face1.jpg

Attachments

face2.jpg

I like that skin shader, can you provide some screen shots of its setup, and a pic without the difuse colour please? Lighting of the scene would be cool. Im trying to attain this kinda shader in Modo.

Your texturing is great. How do you go about achieving it?

Looks very good!
The skin (sculpting) looks great! :slight_smile: