ZBrushCentral

alien monster wip

ok so iv gotten a little further on this the monster looks a little different the the original picture i made but not much just the chest comments would be nice i know its very abstract once its colored it might make a little more sense

i would really like some comments on what you think even if it confuses you
or if you completely hate it

monster wip.jpg :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Quite good sculpt so far…

It´s always a good idea when making a monster to have a little sense of what it would look from the inside to the outside, thinking first of all in the bone structure of them, and then the muscular system, and at last the skin and accesories.

May read painstaking but it will help you give your creations that “It could be real” look.

Yep… it looks a bit odd right now, because you have just made the form, but you haven’t justified it. The crest is united with the skull, ¿how, why, where?? the neck is really thin, ¿how much muscles it should have to support that size of head?, looks like a predator, ¿How powerful and prominent his jaw should look? If he is a predator, he should have sort of stereoscopic view, ¿should his eyes be in front of the head to achieve this, or they should remain at the sides of the head to gain a wider field of view loosing stereo?

All this might make you a bit better

alot isnt done yet i have to finish the neck muscles and adjust the chest thanks for the ideas though i forgot to put the toung in to so ya its a preditor

ok update of chest im working on the neck as well which will be up in a while CHEST.jpg

Attachments

chest side.jpg

Looks nice, but you can improve it more (hope you dont consider the chest finished…)

I think you have way too much polys for the basic forms you are making, and some stretched polygons in other zones, wich make me think that you are not using zspheres…

Give them a try they are the best choice :wink:

btw… the shoulders should be a litte backward

no its not finished i still have a ton of work i just wont to show whats new and things

It’s easier to do the whole form at once than join it together later. You can always hide parts as you work, but if you don’t have the overall form right from the start you’ll be in trouble.

the parts im doing are all drawn out and i do things so if i screw up ill find it early and wont have to start over

ok so iv been working and its been a long time i have an update and changes to every thing iv started over but i think i have it how i wont it now i have more updates ahead comments plzz

final demon.jpg

update yes [attach=139330]final awsome monster thing.jpg[/attach] [attach=139331]monster face.jpg[/attach]

c&c welcome

Attachments

final awsome monster thing.jpg

monster face.jpg

ok heres the deal this this is i dont know but i made it and it seems kind of cool the alien is going to be holding in its had if every thing goes right ball.jpg

ok so i hope you guys like this will most likely be my last creation ever or for a really long time cause i dont have zbrush i use the schools zbrush i would really appreciate some comments good or bad

finaldemon painted front.jpg

Attachments

final monster.jpg

final demon right.jpg

ok hope you guys like i put my heart and soul into this i know it looks like crap but i little to no art experience i hope you guys at least give it a passing glance i hope to one day own zbrush and get better at it finished demon.jpg

Amazing stuff dude