Member Follow User Gallery

Well this is a small update , i just thined out his face a little and i think he looks more sinister and evil, what do you guys think?

D_P_head_thin.jpg
    Last edited by gegrazion_1; 03-26-09 at 05:48 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Wow this is looking quite badass I love the concepts!
    SketchBook
    ZAnimator (Video Demo): The Zbrush Animation Plugin (Keyframe and Timeline based)
    ZAnimator Zbrush Thread
    Blog / Webfolio: Darukin's Arts and Crafts

BlueSpot
    Guest User Gallery

Great improvement, keep it up mate!

Wow, really nice design evolution here. This will translate to ZBrush model real well! I look forward to seeing that.

Thanks at the moment im just spendin some time redesigning him, i stil want a very similar look to what ive done just needs some funky armor. ill be updating it in the next few days when ive done a finished sketch

Weapon_1.jpg

Well thougth id get the weapon out of the way. The small staff can transform into other weapons due to his inner power death/darkness. i do think the staff could look a little cooler, but due to texture size and the fact the handle wont be the main focus of the finished peice its not really sumat im guna lose sleep over. Ive noticed the handle looks a little short for him to hold but ill lenghten it when i model it, pointless redrawing it. Well hope you like it guys
    Last edited by gegrazion_1; 03-29-09 at 01:19 AM.

nice, clean design. way to prioritize, it'll surely look great without costing too much time compared to, say, a warhammer of epic proportions...

Well just a small update. Its some rough orthos for the head and a shot showing how his muscle structure looks. its not perfect but im no anatomy expert, didnt use any reference so hope its not too bad

D_Muscles_orthos.jpg

Well another update. i think he looks much stronger without the hair and tail, they seem to distract me and confuse what im ment to be looking at, with just the mask i can really see alot more of his personality straight away. I am redesigning the weapon and im going to add a few more details and bits of equipment on his belt so its not finished yet. Hope you like it and tell me which 1 you guys prefer, im feeling number 1

P_1.jpg

P_2.jpg

P_3.jpg

P_4.jpg

P_5.jpg

I like 4,I still like the hair idea.Maybe rap his hair around 1 leg give his hair some life.

Well im lookin at my rough design and relised it realy needs some cool unique features. im guna play with the idea soem more and hopefully have an update soon. if u guys have any thougth on how i can really improve my design im all ears

Well heres a rough mockup of my prince with some armor and a weapon, very rough just playing around seeing what i like. i tried to stay away from shoulder pads and armor as best as pos but it just looks better with them. the chains on his shoulders are goin to hook in his skin, the weapon is an axe type. Do you tink its an improvment? i think he looks the part more. i think his belt and down need some work now, maybe some blets and extra equipment. im playing around with the idea of my prince defeating all the previous DW winners but i wont the faces to be skinned and placed sumwhere on him, i was thinkin hanging from his belt but not really sure, any ideas there? thanks

P_extras.jpg

This is just a pose i had in mind, i think having his little minions around him would look awsome, really help him look like hes a prince of darkness.

P_pose.jpg

Just an idea for a pedestool. its a giant wave of darkness, some arms and heads showing up.

P_Pedestool.jpg

Well this is 1 out of 5 of my minions, hopefully im going to make each minion bout 500 - 800 polys. There going to be about 2-3 foot roughly in height. Was just a quick sketch hope you like it

MinionA_.jpg
    Last edited by gegrazion_1; 04-03-09 at 03:04 AM.

It's always cool to see the process shots and concept work for a piece, and you've got some neat stuff goin on here. Kinda seems like your sketches are all very similiar though. Perhaps some more bold or uninhibited design experiments could really help find a cool and effective look and feel. More big/interesting/dynamic shapes in the armour, outfit, weaponry etc. Your last pose, with the weapon and the long head shape, is closer to what I'm talking about. There's some interesting stuff going on there. Even though it's gonna be a 3d character, think about the "composition" of it. Where the viewer will look first (usually the head) and how the viewers eye will travel through the design. The sizes and shapes of the anatomy, armor, etc will create a visual impact, so ask yourself, what sort of visual impact is my design making, and how effective is it? In the early concepting stage, when looking at ideas, the different iterations shoud be blatantly obvious, whereas, with yours, the differences seem pretty subtle. Unless you have something very specific in mind already that you are working towards.

I'm really liking the minion. Nice anatomy, gesture, silhouette etc. It'll make a good little hellish sidekick.

Hope I don't sound like I'm bustin your chops. Your workin hard and doin some cool stuff. Just thought I'd throw my opinion out there, for what it's worth. Look forward to seeing this piece evolve and good luck with Dominance War!
    Last edited by fattkid; 04-03-09 at 07:38 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast