Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Mind Symbion thank you

nerveink totally appreciate the honesty man, no need to sugarcoat it, i always like harsh criticism. I'm completely aware that it's far from being very realistic as far as execution goes....mostly because some of the muscles have loose ends....even if i really tried to connect all of them to a bone....in some places i can't quite sculpt the image that i have in my mind. I think that the muscles on the upper arm are mostly responsable for the impression you got, i still think that most of them have the connections with the bones done(i could be wrong though...maybe i'm not looking hard enough). My mistake is that i never actually modeled muscles before....and i went head first on this project....and i also picked a pretty hard theme to model cause like i said i'm trying to create a very bulgy creature with exposed muscles (no fur and skin over them) and this is something i should have tackled after i gathered some experience with some easier models. I studied references throughout the whole modelling process and i'm pretty confident that most of the muscle placement is correct...but as you said....some places like the pelvic area lack realism because there and in a few other areas i felt like improvising...something i probably shouldn't do....like in photography....it's best to first know the rules, then you can brake them. I'm very eager to learn though....i haven't sculpted enough up until now and i want to dedicate more time to this area(i'm getting really bored with the archviz stuff i'm doing at work). I hope you noticed the big improvement after Dustin's advices though, i look at how the model was before and i feel really ashamed that i even bothered to post that.
    Many many thanks for your reply, much appreciated. If you happen to find this thread again anytime you see something wrong with the updates don't be afraid to rip it to shreds
    Ps: Awesome sketch thread....will keep my eye on it for inspiration.

Aberrant Thanks...i'm glad you like it . Also Dustin has been very helpfull indeed.
    Last edited by jonnybravo; 04-14-09 at 12:15 PM.

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Update:
    Still so much more i would like to do with this guy but the deadline is closing in and i'm not sure if i'll be able to finish in time. Due to the many projects i have running at the moment i can't find as much time as i would have liked to work on this model. Also i reached abut 3 mil polis and if i subdivide it to the next level to add the final details my pc just can't handle it

screencap_work_resized_22.jpg
    screencap_work_resized_23.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12