Default DW4 - Despair - Demon Lord

I have been sitting on the ZCentral sidelines for far too long, so I figured that there was no better time to get in than now because of DWIV...so here we go...

Despair
    Demon Lord
    Death/Darkness

Latest:

Concept:

Soooo...A long ways to go, but It's at least moving in "A" direction...More updates soon...

Character Sheets:
    Sillo_sheet_03.jpg
    Sillo_sheet_04.jpg
    Last edited by Threefingered; 04-08-09 at 06:59 AM.

Member Follow User Gallery

Oww great concepts,love them all

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

i like this one the best, also since the design you have chosen seems to work better in 2d than as an actuall model, meybe you schould reconsider your choice ;]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sillo_sheet_03.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	135507  

Wink

I suppose I could reconsider and start over, but it might be more fun to prove you wrong...

Thanks for the thoughts! I'll have an update soon...

Cool concept sketches and really great start.
    I love the leg muscles.
    Best of luck for the competition.

Threefingered i hope you will ;] I wonder where will you take this model ;]

Well I like a good challenge and I am connected to the character--it feels like the "right" one to do for this particular instance anyhow...I started making the extras today(tentacles, hair and detail bits and pieces so I will try and implement some of that in the next update...Any thoughts on the proportion changes?

Small update...Larger Hands, minor proportion fixes, more detailing...

i think you schould make his belly a lot bigger, more like in trhe oryginal concept. Also can you show it from the bottom or the top view ? I thinkits way to long,

Whats funny is that I was just looking at that with some co-workers...Your all correct, it looks much better with a larger belly, just have to work out some of the details...I guess thats why its a WIP right...?

yeah as i thought ;] I felt from the begging somthing was wrong with the belly, its made from two parts, or schould i say it looks like its a separe thing from the back. Anyway, sorry but i needed a break from my model, so i played a little with your design, i think it schould have shorter legs, but with more mass, and the belly and his back schould look like one big part ;] At least thats what i see in the design .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZBrush Document.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	135832  

Agreed...After the last little mess around, I was looking at my early drawings and found my original character doodles...

...Definitely a more stout character, especially in the side view...I am working with that now...

Thanks for your comments...

Playing with a newer concept that takes some of the other thumnails into consideration...

Thoughts?

New Member Follow User Gallery

I like it! I can just imagine it spreading a path of despair as it lumbers purposely forward. The appendage behind the head reminds me of a raw turkey neck (sorry, lol) but is a great addition. What evil purpose does that have? Will the egg like sacks pop open spreading spores of evil? Or are they for incubating special demon spawn?
    I like how this character has a very fertile and motherly structure while still reeking of blackness and evil. Anxiously awaiting more!

As I said at CG Talk, work is killing me so updates have been tough...Here is the latest from the last few weeks(has it really been that long?)...

Retopo:
    Retopo_Details.jpg

Polypaint WIP:

Polypaint_WIP.jpg

Normal Test Old:

Norm_front.jpg

Norm_rear.jpg

So...I have a ton of work left to do, there are a bunch of other assets to impement(hair, teeth, tentacles, nails and ribs) and time is very short, so any comments or crits are welcome at this point...

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wow, big moves! I love the boiled look of the arm flesh along with the rest of the colors. Coming along nicely!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast