Senior Member Follow User Gallery

I've been on a demonic kick myself, and I gotta say I really appreciate the devil head, wonderful form and weight to those horns
    Lead Character Artist
    Firaxis Games
    -artstation

Very good sculpting from your sketch. Can I ask how you got the background behind the image? Did you add it on a plane or add it in Photoshop or other way?

@Julian_K thanks! Really like your work and appreciate the experiments you do with renders and the materials you share with the community.

I agree with you. the render with MatCap Gray looks better. I sometimes find it difficult to handle color. Raw sculpts look better generally. For lighting i have a set approach for all models. One light from the front and rim lights from the left and right rendered as passes, which are then composited in PS. These are two images, one for the light passes and the other has render settings for the hammerhead type model in the previous pages. I like deep shadows, for instance the jaw casting a shadow on the neck and the nose casting a shadow on the upper lip. makes the model look more 3d.

light setup.jpg
    settings.jpg

@invertedNormal, thanks!
    @michalis, thanks! yeah, i agree with you on the render.
    @kilik128, glad you like it
    @Framedworld, yeah, i wanted to sculpt this devil guy because of the horns , he he!
    @paintguy, thanks! the bg is all photoshop, added as layers in PS. i just use a grunge texture with some splatter image and the sketch in the background.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	light setup.jpg 
Views:	249 
Size:	330.2 KB 
ID:	232704  

Default zombie WIP

Hi ! started another sculpt from a sketch i did yesterday. This is still WIP, only half done in terms of detailing. only major volumes have been blocked. thought I'd take a break and do some renders. Tried to give it the comic book look. Framer material and rim lights, plus adjustments in PS and some help from Filter Forge. the third image is of the sculpt in progress. comments are welcome. Also check the previous page for another creature bust made from a sketch. The last image uses JulianKs hard eyeball material.

thumb.jpg

post 01.jpg

post 04.jpg

post 03.jpg

that's very cool. love the look of those 2 blue images,, especially the first one. if it weren't for the visible mesh grid, you couldn't tell it's not an ink drawing.

Thanks JulianK!
    worked on the model some more. here is the progress so far. First image is a composite from passes out of ZBrush, the second has a filter applied to it. comments are welcome.

UntitledSF.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Default narly

great wound detail on the head and forms around the neck, question do you make your teeth from the model or as a seperate subtool or primitive, ive been using the snake hook and it seems to do an ok job but yours are very solid

my thread,
    Criptus-thread

@teddy007kong, thanks! i keep things like teeth as separate subtools. As subtools, editing and moving them around becomes very easy. they can even be inserted into the main mesh and sculpted along with it, and if you have them as distinct polygroups , you can use groupsplit to separate them again. topology is better too, which with snakehook can get messy.

Kinda late to the game on this thread, love the presentation on page three with the angle shots in the background...love your zsketch work

still in love with the cartoon version. this characters screams dark graphic novel.

Default Wip

Hi! haven't finished modeling this dude yet. Made a few more renders to take a break. This time around these images are straight out of Zbrush using Document > Export, No post work, no best render and no BPR. A combination of material, lights and preview shadow settings. make sure your model is grizzled, warty and ugly.. he he...Comments are welcome.

Comic  style ver 3.jpg

Comic  style ver 3b.jpg

Nice work man, very comic-ish

Default Polar bear

was seeing a documentary on TV on Polar bears and melting ice and thought i should make one. Always wanted to make animals in ZBrush... big wildlife fan.
    Zspheres > sculpting > fur polypaint > light comps in PS + fur on silhouette.

Polar bear.jpg

save last bears

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast