ZBrushCentral

My first head

Hi All!

I’m stuck with my T-rex. To get some experiences, I started to sculpt a head instead (but not cancelled the t-rex yet.) Any comments and critics are welcome.

[attach=136733]Head.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

Head.JPG

So, I made some progress on the head. I worked on the teeth, and on the eye area as well. I’m going to add some details with alpha brushes, and with stencils in the next phase. If you have any opinion about how to detail the lips, please let me know. Any comments and critics are welcome.

[attach=137281]head_01.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

head_01.JPG

It would be great if somebody would have an advice (or tutorial) for me about how to sculpt the details on the lips area. Thanks in advance. Any other comments are welcome as well.

So, it seems, I only opened this forum for myself. :smiley:
I started to sculpt the lips without help. Of course, I looked after some tutorials or any kinda help, but found almost nothing. Maybe I have to improve in searching :confused: So, my technique was the following: I cut thin lines to the lips with alpha improved Standard brush. After that closed the edges with Inflate brush, and finally applied some Smooth. I get the attached results.
And yes, still waiting comments, critics, bad or good words, simply empty replies or any kinda signs about somebody was here. :wink:

[attach=137720]Lips.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

Lips.JPG

nice work bro…
I really like ur first attempt… well I am here since I am a new user to zbrush too like U r…

Hi Raaz! Thanks for your feedback. I’m happy you like my work. I’m learning the detailing process, and going to post some progress soon.

great sculpture to star, looks so good :smiley:

Hi Manzarek123! Thank you, I’m happy you like it. I’m slow on progress, because of lack of time.

From the title I expected this to start off dear penthouse. Still a good sculpt, though, especially as first one.

Hi Neurogenesis! Thanks, happy you like both of my works. I’m suffering with the detailing parts anyway, because I couldn’t foud a good progress to make wrinkles. I’m looking after some good reference images as well.

I worked on the ears a bit.

[attach=139192]ears.JPG[/attach]

Attachments

ears.JPG

To learn from you.:lol:

Thanks. I’m just a rookie in sculpting, and trying to learn.

Here is my second attempt with a head. All critics are welcome.

Attachments

Head_2.jpg

Nice looking model!

Thanx. Here is a small update:

Attachments

Phases.jpg

Persp.jpg

Front.jpg

Side.jpg

That’s from the Eat3D tutorial no?

Yes, you right, this is from the Eat3D tutorial. The head shape is mine, but the technique is from the tutorial.

Yup. I should have worded that differently. That’s what I meant to say, you followed the Eat3d tutorial :smiley: . :+1:
It came out very well, they are releasing a new tuto on Jan 11.

Good head, very bold and round without turning into a blob whilst keeping sharp eyes is a great contrast.

Znub: Any link to the tutorial possible?