Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Great new things around here !
    It seems that you push your level up again !

calum5ZB: Thank you very much for all the kind words, cal! I appreciate it!
    YONA:Thank you so much! I can`t wait to see your next update. The last picture was absolutely beautiful!
    Fernando Kuhlmann: Thank you very much, Fernando! Actually I don`t want to color her. But I need to practise coloring..so yeah, maybe I`ll color her.

Al.Tintop: Thanks a lot, Timo! I know what you mean. I tried a lot of different smiles and they all didn`t look good. There are still lots of things that need more work.. and I`ll also work further on her smile. Let me know what you think when I`ve posted the next update.
    SolidSnakexxx: Thank you very much, Yong! Sure, I can show you... here`s a little tutorial for you and everybody else who`s interested.
    Etcher: Hey there! Thank you so much for all the warm words! I hope I`ll have time to finish the alien and the native woman over the weekend.
    AND I hope to see new Etcher works. SOOOOON!!!!
    rodion vlasov: Thank you very much! Your latest models are absolutely great, too!!!
    maxinkuk: Thank you very much, Max!
    cmoffitt:
    Thank you very much for the compliments! And I`m happy to hear that you`re digging the Pearl matcap. Can`t wait to see your next update. I know it`s going to be awesome!
    Seavannah: Hey theeeere!!! Yes, the print arrived in time (not before Christmas but before she flew back to Italy. Regarding the Zspheres... hm..I don`t know.. I really don`t have any problems with them now.
    Hey, don`t forget all my problems in the past. I had more than enough!!! Don`t you think so?
    I made a little tutorial on how I made the hair. Maybe that answers some questions.
    Please send me the pictures. I`d be overgrateful!
    All the best! Talk to you soon!
    Intervain: Hey Magda, thank you so much! Happy New year to you! ..And I can`t wait what YOU come up with.
    Captain Sensible
    : Hey Captain, thank you very much. Yeah, I really have problems with that but I`m practising like crazy.
    Regarding the matcaps, hehe, -- please see here :
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showpos...&postcount=308
    gpepper: Hey, long time no talk. Thank you very much! Happy New!

I made a little tutorial on how to make hair braids.
    I modeled the whole hair again because I wanted only ONE tool. Prior to that I had single braids made from Zspheres. They weren`t attached to the hair on the head (which I made from a Polysphere).

Here you go:

Welcome to the hair Zalon!

01.jpg
    1.) Add a Zsphere to your model.
    2.) Make sure that Symmetry is turned on. I guess you want to model both sides at the same time. Click and drag with a small Draw size on the sides of the root-Zsphere to create two new Zspheres -- one on the left, and one on the right.
    3.) Now add 3 smaller Zspheres on each side. Click on each of them, start dragging and hold down shift then in order that the new Zspheres have the same size as the previous one.
    Enter Move mode and drag the Zspheres on the ends in order to get long strands of hair.
    Add a few extra Zspheres. (I don`t know if this is necessary but I always do that. )
    With Zspheres 2 it`s so easy to create things like that and you have a very clean mesh on top of that!

02.jpg
    4.) Now make an Adaptive Skin.
    We want to work symmetrical, so we need good Polygroups.
    The Polygroups you see on picture number 4 are not ideal, so let`s make new ones.
    5.) With the new Polygroups-from-Polypaint feature you can do this quickly:
    Polygroups-from-Polypaint don`t delete the existing Polygroups, so press "Group Visible" (found in the Polygroups menu) before you start painting.
    Now select the Layer brush.
    Turn Zadd/Zsub OFF, set RGB to 100, set Focal shift to -100. Start painting.
    (I painted with symmetry turned ON.)
    When you`re satisfied click on "From Polypaint" (also found in the Polygroups menu).
    6.) Tadaaa!
    03.jpg
    7.)+8.)+9.) Now that you have symmetrical Polygroups you can easily hide, mask, move, rotate, scale and model on them. Excactly what we want to do!
    In case you never braided hair -- here`s a quick explanation (3 strains of hair-method):
    Start with one of the outer ones. (Click+Shift+Ctrl on it to hide the other Polygroups, mask the part you want to move, Click+Shift+Ctrl on empty canvas to make the other Polygroups visible again, Ctrl+Click on canvas to invert the mask.. now rotate/move.
    Bring the outer strains in turns OVER the strain in the middle. (Please see the pictures: Pink over blue, Yellow over pink etc...)
    Repeat this process.

04.jpg
    10.) Now you`re almost done.
    11.) Maybe some parts of the mesh are overlapping each other as you can see on this picture. No problem -- just use the move brush (and don`t forget to mask the strains you don`t want to affect.) Btw, I subdivided the mesh at this point and I also used the Magnify brush here and there to thicken some parts of the strains.

05.jpg

Sorry, I can`t explain very well in english. If something is unclear (or if I made a mistake ) please let me know.
    Thanks for watching!
    Happy Zbrushing! ... and good night!!!

it's great to see your workflow on how to braid hair great tutorial! thanks for that.

Nice one.....

moni hello this is gohan. im just here to say you doing great work. and im also here to say im sorry too. so i just want to ask if you can help me learn more about zbrush. i need help really bad and if i cant get help, my movie isnt going to flourish without the know how of this program. plz! i would like some help. thank you for your cooperation moni. ttyl.

Very nice!!! Amazing work!!!!

Al.Tintop: Hehe, thank you very much!
    ivar_sn:
    Thank you very much!
    Gohanf22: I strongly recommend that you watch the videos in the ZClassroom. They are all fantastic and you`ll learn a lot.:
    http://www.pixologic.com/zclassroom/
    You should also read the Zbrush Online Documentation. See here:
    http://www.pixologic.com/docs/index.php/Main_Page
    The explanations are great. Easy to understand and so informative.
    I don`t know which version of Zbrush you`re using. If you`re using 3.5R3 there are also tutorials in the Pixologic 3.5R3 folder. Almost 200 pages.
    Here are Zbrush 3.5 tipps and tricks from Pixologic and various artists:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=079063
    There is a brand new Zbrush book. For more infos see here:

http://www.pixologic.com/blog/
    If you ask specific Zbrush related questions here in my thread I try to answer them as good as possible.
    max-tx: Thank you very much, max-tx!

Hi!
    Puh - was Du da schreibst sind für mich noch immer Bücher mit 7 Siegeln. Ich kann Pixel schieben. Viel mehr immer noch nicht. Sieht aber richtig gut aus!!!! Ich kenne mich aus mit Lederflechtungen. Und so, wie Du´s gemacht hast, sehen sie wirklich aus.

With your method you must be able to do also those very complicated braiding, which is typicall for (true) cowboy-staff. It opens interesting new fields for clothes, bags or whatever you will sculpt.

You can, f.e., connect two skins (leather) with a special braiding. Much more true than our good old alphas.
    MY THREAD:
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=75605&page=1
    MY HOMEPAGE:
    www.mayermarkus.com

Smile

Hey moni, nice going on the hair braid; looks like you started something... check out Eof3d's latest! This should've been my post 1800 - it went wrong... it's 1801... ... stop this number thing please .

Very good! You've captured her character.

My only concern with the hair would be the polygon distribution. The polys on the top are larger and won't support detail like the braids. If you think it will give you any problems, just use this method to freely add edgeloops:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im0fWQv6NhY

This may be easier to do in the beginning. I've never tried projecting details onto a woven retopo'd mesh.

*edit* I just saw on the previous page that you also have a sphere for the top, making them two subtools. So you got it figured out.

Cheers and keep up the good work

Hey Moni, long time no speak

Some very nice stuff you have going on here and those braids are very impressive, although i dont know if i would have your level of patience to fold each one so intricatley They look awesome though

BTW its great to see Humpatiki finished, its a lovely piece.

TTFN
    "Im too drunk to taste this chicken" - Colonel Sanders

Halloween 2011 Challenge The Thing that should not Bee...

Moni!!, really Thank you very much for this tutorial , it's so easy now!, ill do it with my hair!..... well in a model with zbrush once agais thanks.

hey Moni!

Will we see this lady all rendered up? :P

And when will you send her of to a date with my old guy? haha.

Member Follow User Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by klausknuth

ps.: I feel the same about the german forum. perhaps some one should take over the german ZBrush world moni_nude-female_klaus_over.jpg
    Definitiv I think there are not really much artists in Germany ....