Default Dominance War 4 - Bishop

Hey guys!

Not sure if I have ever posted my work here, but here is a character i am working on for the Dominance War. Rolling with the green meanies over at PC:

cleric_wip_13.jpg

Cheers,
    Gav

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Fruits thats really good love the details...very welldone.

Member Follow User Gallery

men what a model, I love all the fine detail ...good work

MY DOMINANCE WAR IV - BARATHOR

Thanks guys

Got him baked down to game resolution, at about 9980 tris. Been toying with colours, though I think I may be working a little too dark. No spec or anything, just playing with colour scheme.

cleric_wip_17c.jpg

Nice man, diggin the details and scheme
    Dustin
    .:|Sketch Book |:.

This is dyno-mite! The only suggestion I have is to work on the spec map a bit more and add more variance. He's looking a little too shinny right now. Excellent model though.

GavinG really cool design, so fresh and unique! Could you show a UVs maps?

beautiful work man!
    personnaly i'm not fan of the brown color... regarding your character i would have chosen a warmer color (red or dark purple maybe)...it should be more efficient with the touches of green that you've add!
    But it's just my opinion!!
    keep going!!
    My new website: http://cedricbabouche.com
    new updates,videos, images

Very, very nice.

I'm curious though. Why are so many people putting glowing bits on their characters these days? Is that something that games recently started supporting? Don't get me wrong, I think you used it well and it adds interest, I'm just curious why I see so much of it all of the sudden in people's designs. What is it, a separate "glow map" or something that the engine reads?

db

New Member Follow User Gallery

Dman3d: Thanks

JesseGraffam: Thanks dude. Yeah, right now it's just using a global spec value, i'll be sure to give it more love once the materials are nailed down

CapAmerica: Thanks! Yup, I will with my next art update

YONA: Thanks! It's kind of tricky as I need to stick within a certain colour scheme that represents my forum (green / black) but I think I can push it more. I think at the very least pushing the brightness of the metals and breaking the spandexy material from the metals more will help a lot

dustinbrown: Thanks. Hehe, I'm not sure what to say on the glowy bits. For DW entries, I guess it's because we're given a fairly obscure genre / timeline...hints of fantasy and scifi stuff..so to show that one thing isn't necessarily "fantasy", a lot of people bring in some techy bits...and techy bits breed glowing parts:P And I guess, yeah, with the new technology we're able to use glow / emissive maps unlike before...as far as I know, my working experience with UT2K4 and below is pretty limited...but I think with the dynamic lighting in engines these days, a lot of people just like th eidea of seeing the glowy parts of the character as he walks through dark areas.

Little update, went further with texturing the metals, basically everything else is just blocked in. The image below ha s a little paint over work from JFletcher over at PC...but it's the rough direction I'm heading in

cleric_po.jpg

Beautiful work! Top notch detailing sir! I actually think warmer color might be cool too for this guy.........but keep posting....very cool work!

cheerrs!

Fabian

hahaha. ****ing hell mate. this guy looks well hench.

Haha, thanks guys...hope you dig the direction it's going

cleric_wip_20b.jpg

W-A-W.... Really Great man!
    That would be very appreciated if you could post high detailed renders to appreciate the details...

Superb job and design...

I wonder if you would need a bit of ambiant occlusion on the low res model to exgerate the volumes maybe?
    S├ębastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast