Default Pink Assassin (Portrait)

Hi there, just finished my newest Picture - hope you like it

js-pinkassassinb.jpg

Sculpting and texturing done in ZBrush, rendered with fryrender, basemeshes and hair geometry done in C4D. Like always, no postwork or compositing except subtle chromatic abberation and grain.
    Last edited by str13d3r; 05-07-09 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Some small Touch-Ups

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

The render looks very good, I particularly like the eyes a lot.

A couple of things kinda stick out though and I think you should fix them...

The eyelids are too thin... There should be a wider distance between the bottom of the eye whites and the lower eyelashes.
    The eyelashes themselves are unrealistic, far too regular - I'm guessing transparency mapped polygons are used? You could easily replace them with full geometry, a 3-sided tube works pretty well after subdivisions. Mess them up a lot, they tend to stick together in groups of 3-7 strands, making an "A" shape when viewed from the top. I'd also tweak the forms of the nostrils and the corners of the lips a little bit.

These are small issues though and the overall result is pretty convincing already

Quote Originally Posted by LY
    I'm guessing transparency mapped polygons are used?
    Nono, all Hairs including brows and lashes are geometry (thousands of thin polygon strands). No opacity mapping at all
    Last edited by str13d3r; 05-06-09 at 06:35 AM.

very cool work!!
    Best regards, Selwy

really fantastic work!! I like the feeling of the eyes and lips a lot. Very good work on the hair as well. Only crit I would offer would be that perhaps the reds in the eyes are a bit dark and bloody looking. Maybe try more pinkish hue and a bit brighter to keep her soft looking? then again, she IS an assassin.

New Member Follow User Gallery

Absolutely brilliant. Top notch. I don't see anything that would need changing or tweaking. Wonderful job!

Amazing!
    S├ębastien Legrain A.K.A Sebcesoir

http://sebleg.free.fr

Yeahh!!! Thx pixologic, it's damn cool to have Zbrush caps!

nice work, like this render alot. will there be a full length shot. i would like to see what makes this women an assasin.

excellent! but as already mentioned above, the red in the eyes needs a little more work.maybe opacity could be turned down. the left eye looks good to me it's only the right which irritates me. it's a stunning piece of work.

Lovely pic, actually I've just popped over to Fryrender (randomcontrol.com) and this very picture sprang up on the first page...

Looks real to me, very well done. The hair is some of the best I have seen and a decent style too. Did you actually model the poly hairs or used some hair system that uses poly hairs?

Quote Originally Posted by womball
    Looks real to me, very well done. The hair is some of the best I have seen and a decent style too. Did you actually model the poly hairs or used some hair system that uses poly hairs?
    He most likely used Maxon's "Hair Department" it is an excellent at creating very realistic hair.

I've used the Hair Module for Cinema 4D. And I used not the post-effect, I used the option "Generate", which generates real polygon Hairs. In the Editor, you can manipulate so called "Hair Guides", and turn instantly to the polygon Hairs:

hairs.jpg

And if you take a look at my other Images, the Hairs are always done this way
    Last edited by str13d3r; 05-06-09 at 11:06 AM.

Excellent work. There's a strange little crease under her left eye that's bugging me. you could probably just touch it up in Photoshop.

db

Smile Sexy pinky...

...assasin
    Top row in no time
    Is beautiful that please without concept! ( Me and maybe also E Kant)
    Pilou's Galerie Pilou's Tips Tuts Page
    Cameyo's ZPlace Art Surfing Albums
    Dedicaces Perpetual Challenges
    French Pixologic Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast