ZBrushCentral

Duke Nukem Forever Characters

Hey everyone. With the closing of 3d Realms and Duke Nukem,:cry: I though I would post a few Characters I worked on while I was there.

Octabrain:

Duke Was kind of tricky. I REALLY wanted him to be more war torn and grizzled, But they wanted to keep him more like the originalā€¦ Im thinkin about going back and beating him up a littleā€¦

This is one of the Bosses in Dukeā€¦

PodGirl For Dukeā€¦

Its a shame what happened to Duke considering we were so close. :confused:

Octabrain1.jpgZbrushOctabrainA.jpgZbrushOctabrainB.jpgDukeA.jpgZbrushDukeBodyA.jpgZbrushDukePantsA.jpgLeech11A.jpgLeechA.jpgPod03.jpgPod06.jpgZbrushPODgirlA.jpgZBC_THUMB2.jpg

Attachments

Octabrain1.jpg

DukeA.jpg

ZbrushDukeBodyA.jpg

Leech11A.jpg

LeechA.jpg

Wow! Octobrain is awesome! I love the eyes and the teeth! :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Nice stuff, butā€¦

Regardless of the studio closure, you still donā€™t own the IP and probably donā€™t have any legal right posting this stuff here. The right to first post goes to the primary holders, as does their right to sell off Duke, in part or in whole. Seeing as how youā€™re ā€œjust an artistā€ and somebody else still owns the property rights, youā€™re obviously stepping on some toes.

I know that similar postings were yanked offline a couple of days back for this same exact reason. Shacknews only has mirror copies up for ā€œnewsā€ reasons. However, they could just as easily be asked to remove the content and would likely have to comply.

Once again, even though the studio itself has been shut down and you guys have been told to hit the bricks, what youā€™re posting here likely amounts to a leak. That itself probably also constitutes a violation of your original NDA.

ā€¦

Just sayinā€™.

:grimacing:
amazing work. Very well modeled and detailed.
:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Umā€¦ cookepuss what exactly does that matter to you? These characters have already been seen in the trailers and released screen shots. Why would you be worried about it? This is a Zbrush site, and Im posting zbrush workā€¦ lets just go with that and leave the other stuff to meā€¦ yeah? Im trying to get a job and support my family, if youve got a problem with thatā€¦ then I dont know what to tell youā€¦

Heres a link to my other stuff BTWā€¦

http://madmanmarkskelton.blogspot.com/

marks sorry to hear about 3D realms alot of us where looking foward to that game. I am sure Epic will help you out :smiley:

I have to say my least favourite model is Duke himself :cry: but the rest are very nice and I am sure you will be able to feed your family again with no problem.

One more thing alot of rumors are floating around the internet about what happened at 3D Realms if any of those are true you must have had a looooong time to work on your stuff so no wonder it looks so good :sunglasses:

All the best for the future

Nice work marks:) Sorry to hear about the studio. cookepuss is over stepping his bounds, what is he the ip police? Not like youā€™re leaking game source code or anything.

More power to you marks.

Oh yeah how was the hair done for the girl? it looks kinda cool

well said. this is some awesome work you got here and on your site.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: best of luck with the job hunting:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

haha, i also wouldnt give **** about postring pics after the studio got closed ;D
Also i find it funny that 3d realms got closed, they had it coming for a long time, i bet they wish they werent brain dead when woking on the game now ;D
On the models, i love the flying brain thingy, th erender looks really great ;]
btw, you got more stuff you can show us ?

LOLā€¦ thats soo funny people think thatā€¦ I was at 3drealm almost exactly 2 years. a lot of the staff were under 3 years. I took the job because if any company on the planet needed help finishing a game, 3d realms did, and we ALMOST pulled it off. In 2 years of being there, we were able to take this convoluted mess and make it into a badass game. I wish the world would have seen it to realize how cool and fun it was. The team we had was fantastic. But, no one will ever knowā€¦:rage:

jakerton- Max hair.

so why didnt the let out any trailers, screens ?
And you said that in 8 or more years before your team got on they didnt do **** ? My god, how did they survive so long ?

Wow! I love your Octabrain Marks!
Excellent sculpts! :+1:

Wow! Yā€™know what? I didnā€™t say that I disliked your work. I actually rather liked it, small quibbles aside.

However, I posted a legitimate comment. If you didnā€™t like it tough. It doesnā€™t you a bad artist, but it does make you a bad businessperson. I wouldnā€™t presume to speak for any one of your employers, but would you want to hire somebody who canā€™t abide by a simple NDA or respect property rights in general?

You need to provide for your family? Great. Fine. That doesnā€™t make you a special case though. Talk to the other 9% of the US population whose unemployed.

And, yeah. Your life doesnā€™t concern me. However, I thought that I might at least give you a headā€™s up. Itā€™s called being a good community member. Hey, you wanna look like an untrustworthy person? Fine. You want to look like somebody who isnā€™t a team member? Great. Itā€™s your funeral. This project may be dead, but this thread reflects poorly on you. The industry isnā€™t so small that your action wil be easily able to go away unnoticed.

dude we get your point but please give it a rest, it aint the end of the world or nuthin

Amazing work there.

And yeah, doesnā€™t the publisher still own the rights to Duke, so the game could in fact be handed off to another developer and actually get finished (at least thatā€™s what Iā€™m hopeing for) :slight_smile:

Great job none the less.

:laughing:small_orange_diamond:laughing:
Not a big deal to me either. Not my life, right?
The good thing about communities is that other people have always got your back. I wasnā€™t trying to be offensive, intrusive, or anything.

Thatā€™s why I just thought his response to mine was such a left field thing. I was like, ā€œSh**! Thatā€™s what I get.ā€ Sometimes, it doesnā€™t pay. Yā€™know? :smiley:

ANYWAYā€¦

As I said, I did like his work. Duke himself look spiffy. Gritty would have been cool too, but love the original iconic design. Itā€™s clean and easy to identify. I think that he did a bang up job of implementing the design. BTW, I would assume that the arm length being off a little is for POV related foreshortening, right? (Might just be that pic or my imagination. :))

So, yeah. Good work. :+1:

Great work Mark! Cool stuff.

cookepuss - it really is none of your business. Who are you to be so concerned over an IP that has nothing to do with you? Stop flaming peoples work.

LOL

slocik - I wish they would have released more screen shots and trailersā€¦ 3d realms was just a very private cautious company and im not entirely sure why. I guess they wanted it to be a total shock when it hit the shevesā€¦ I guess in hine sight, it probably hurt them in the end.

bneall: Thatā€™s not a flame. I actually complimented his work. I didnā€™t curse him out. I hurl any obscure epithets. I didnā€™t make any unfounded claims. All I did was question the thread and explained WHY. Thatā€™s it. Look at my first post. I didnā€™t go on the attack. If anything, I was even tempered and (hopefully) well mannered.

To be honest, I feel rather insulted that my opinion isnā€™t as valued as the next. Itā€™s a crying shame that Iā€™m the one here defending myself.

Mark strikes me as a decent and smart enough guy. While I did not necessarily appreciate having my opinion invalidated or being told to bugger off, I do respect his right to take issue with what I said.

I also respect that you all may or may not disagree with me. Hopefully, should Mark & I desire to continue this debate, being the responsible adults that we are it should be done via PM. Everybody ganging up on me, for what should be the smallest of critiques ever, is not constructive. If he doesnā€™t want to address the issue with me in privateā€¦ Thatā€™s okay too.

Once again, Mark & I surely may not agree on that one issue, but I do respect his work and the effort he put into it. I value his contributions to the ZB community. I also lament the fact that his work wonā€™t reach the large consumer base who will hopefully appreciate it for weeks, months, and even years to come.

Rob