Senior Member Follow User Gallery

lol yeah this must the most worst rated thread.
    Your always very "yeah whatever i dont care" and i guess some people
    take that and the bottom row spam at times as a reason to vote.
    I havent voted so far ill wait till you have a model that you spent
    more then an hour on that i actually like.

Like that whale like creature and the seat. Any plans for some rider on it?

Hehe, thanks Disco Stu These are all only sketches I have to say again, hence here you won't be able to see any completed works.

Hey locusta thanks! Yeah, I'm doing a study of myself which will hopefully turn out good, and I'll sit myself in it, complete it, and shoot for top row

when's the movie going to be done?

lol I actually am intrigued to check it out

My movie with heart and brain models I'm working on? Hm, I hope by the end of the year so I can apply it for 2010 festivals.

I was also thinking of doing a video for smashing pumpkins song "Bodies" with this latest character, it's an idea I've had for a few years now, but I don't think I'll do it any time soon.

Driver/self study heavy wip

02.jpg01.jpg

I'd appreciate if you who give me the bad grades would be so bold to leave a critic at least.
    I don't recall ever using the rating system here. It sort of undermines the spirit of a forum where people expect to get some exposure and criticism on their work. Especially if people are avoiding low rated threads.

I won't rate your sketchbook, but I will crit Overall, I think you focus entirely too much on style and on the post production treatment. The positive side to that is that there is no mistaking your work, it looks different from anyone else's on ZBC. The down side is that you're neglecting some of the core stuff like form, anatomy, composition ... all the boring but necessary stuff.

I think you're a good artist, I just think you need to slow down, put style aside for now, and perhaps even take a step back and focus on things like facial feature studies and other academic exercises. That's just my two cents. It's your art, an you're obviously free to go about it however you like. What's more, if you're just doing this as a hobbie and you're having fun, then ignore everything I have said
    Last edited by dustinbrown; 10-01-09 at 10:23 AM.

Hey dustinbrown, I appreciate your input. Hopefully this new study will prove I don't have problems with anatomy/form/compositing, as I'm taking my time with it. Anatomy was never a problem for me (if A's at the Academy of fine arts all four years, same time at the clasical graphics department higschool don't prove it I dunno what does hehe), just needed time to subdue zbrush to my style Thank you very much for your time and trouble, and you're always welcome to comment and criticize as you're one of few who is open for a conversation that isn't "you should do this". When it's not a sketch I'll open a new thread, and if it isn't anatomically correct, perhaps people will know it's intentional...but first this roach with a rider...

Bye

I always thought getting any stars was good, hehe. Like 3 wasn't average, so even if you got just 1 it meant I like this a little bit, keep it up. Getting 3 would mean, this is quite good, keep going! While 5 would be "amazing, you're one of the better sculptors I've seen".

I can see my thinking is a bit silly, but there's so many threads with no stars at all.
    --
    http://www.tobbeo.net/

Default Driver wip

Always do a couple of tests before I begin to sculpt for real, to anticipate possible problems and find solution before the final sculpt. This is one of them.

DRIVER STUDY TEST.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by dustinbrown
    I don't recall ever using the rating system here. It sort of undermines the spirit of a forum where people expect get some exposure and criticism on their work. Especially if people are avoiding low rated threads.

I won't rate your sketchbook, but I will crit Overall, I think you focus entirely too much on style and on the post production treatment. The positive side to that is that there is no mistaking your work, it looks different from anyone else's on ZBC. The down side is that you're neglecting some of the core stuff like form, anatomy, composition ... all the boring but necessary stuff.

I think you're a good artist, I just think you need to slow down, put style aside for now, and perhaps even take a step back and focus on things like facial feature studies and other academic exercises. That's just my two cents. It's your art, an you're obviously free to go about it however you like. What's more, if you're just doing this as a hobbie and you're having fun, then ignore everything I have said
    this

Quote Originally Posted by cherub_rock
    Hey dustinbrown, I appreciate your input. Hopefully this new study will prove I don't have problems with anatomy/form/compositing, as I'm taking my time with it. Anatomy was never a problem for me (if A's at the Academy of fine arts all four years, same time at the clasical graphics department higschool don't prove it I dunno what does hehe), just needed time to subdue zbrush to my style Thank you very much for your time and trouble, and you're always welcome to comment and criticize as you're one of few who is open for a conversation that isn't "you should do this". When it's not a sketch I'll open a new thread, and if it isn't anatomically correct, perhaps people will know it's intentional *or I was just lazy and wrapped it up midstage note again I'm doing this for myself, nobody tell me what to do...yet...but first this roach with a rider...

Bye
    this
    Last edited by cherub_rock; 09-27-09 at 03:04 AM.

Start on the self study/****roach driver. Still not satisfied with the eyes to move on.

ja.jpg

Edit: why can't this be in bottom row? it's a wip, is that a crime? cause i see a lot of wip's in the bottom row, why is mine constantly switched to atn? I would like to get some comments and critics as I model, and I can't if nobody sees my work. Thanks
    Last edited by cherub_rock; 09-28-09 at 06:03 AM.

15 min made up anatomy frenzy with a clay and move brush

frenzy.jpg