ZBrushCentral

a gorilla

gorilla test.jpg
well, here they are…i know it has no ears, it was originaly just a test to see if i could do it…tell me how i can improve this gorilla!! :lol:

Attachments

gorilla test 2.jpg

gorilla test 3.jpg

Hi! Nice start, but my advice is not to get too carried away without the technical knowledge, get that first. I’m talking from my own experienceS :wink:

To answer your question, you could study the gorilla’s anatomy (in Africa, at a zoo, books, internet, college, etc.), and then go over zbrush sculpting tutorials. Hope this was helpful :smiley:

cheers, thanx for the advise :smiley:

GOWILA.jpg
my second attempt…after using a LOT of reference, i’m happy with the result but still alot to do on it…

Hi noob4life,

Glad to see that you’re working hard. I think you should work more on shapes and how they interact with each other before you start adding fine details like wrinkles.

ok i’ll try that, thanks for the tip !!! :smiley:

http://www.3dartspace.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=section&id=5&Itemid=60

thanks ALOT for the link i am currently looking for some ^^

here are some of a new one i made, tried to not over-detail :rolleyes: with custom alphas and get as much of it as possible using simple brushes…hope you go ape over them !!! :smiley: GOWILA 4.jpg

Attachments

GOWILA 5.jpg

GOWILA 8.jpg

just a try at getting fur/hair on !!! gorilla.jpg

ok i think i’m gona make this post a sketchbook, so here is something totaly different … rex head.jpg
so here is a trex test i made…still a wip 4 sure but tell me what u think about it…
ps:i’m on subdiv 6 and my pc can’t take it much higher

A good start.
On the gorilla, I’d recommend making the eyes more deep-set, and lowering the bar of the brow-bone. it is missing the thick vertical center folds round the eyes, and it’s expression could be more foreboding or furtive. the nose seems to be slanting inward to much.

On the dinosaur, good job! :+1:

I think the eyes would look a lot better as separate subtools. Just add some polyspheres for the eyes. That should help you form the shape of the eyelids.

yep i will redo the eyes, and i’ll do my best with the expression