Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Hey Obz, some improvement here.
    My problem is that I like the head, I like the costume, I like the body but not together as a composition. But as you pointed, I wasn't a "He-Man And The Masters of The Universe" fun.

Well there are still some important parts of the costume missing Michalis. Maybe you'll like it more once they're on there and they tie it together a bit. Google "skeletor" or see like page 5 or so, you'll see what's going to be added.
    Then once I have him posed with the missing items with a nice background, well perhaps it will be more appealing to you as a composition.
    Beyond that, I'm glad you like the components at least

Grasseti, Clintus, Thanks guys.

gorgeous textures! great work

swordTest_02ico.jpg

Small update here. The staff still needs to be textured and all, but I got an idea for the sword Friday at work, sooo... staff can wait.

Probably a little too bumpy on the finish, but other than that, any ideas?
    (grrr, jpg compression to comply with 300k makes me mad and sad)

swordTest_02.jpg

I would say "sweetness", but somehow I don't think that is appropriate for this subject matter, lol ...
    ------------------
    Semper Fidelis!

John D Hosch

"Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
    - Antoine de St. Exupery

Default Just a thought !

16.jpg

I am not from this fraternity.I am an architectural visualizer, so I am so very useless in modelling characters and zbrush was always a dream for me to learn and it still is !
    Having spent my childhood watching cartoons, he-man was my favorite one.And [just a thought] I would love to see the skeletor somewhat like this...What do you think?

New Member Follow User Gallery

And yeah Obz without question, you have done an amazing job.The textures, the feel of it is like, for real ! I hope you make all the characters from He-man and I will be back again to watch them and comment...Sorry if I am wrong somewhere.
    Thank you,

New Member Follow User Gallery

So amazing. Nails kinda blend in with the skin, like it just a color change on the same render but the bones, skin, old leather and stuff is just... amazing. If you every decide to make some tutorials I'd bookmark them.

That would look killer with the red blood like you had before.

really love the sword.
    the blue however takes a lot away from the character for me. makes it far less menacing. but that's really a matter of personal taste and I must admit I was never into H-man.
    the thing is though, the blue is more true to the original, but that was very cartoony anyway, while your version is more of a contemporary next gen Clive Barker Skeletor. that new angle is in my opinion what makes your Skeletor great, but it doesn't mix too well with the cartoon style blue.

18postThumb.jpg

I rendered this the other day, but didn't post it because I wanted to finish up the armor before posting the body again...buuuuuut since we have color variations going up, I figure it best to post where I am at right now with it.
    How about this, a compromise on the body color. An allusion to the original color scheme, but not so heavy handed (The blue above makes him look like skully smurf or something, I know the poster's heart is in the right place though )

18post.jpg
    Last edited by 0bz; 06-20-10 at 07:00 AM.

workaholic Thanks man! I´ve had a lot of fun with this one. Over at CGtalk folks had suggested that he be bluer, but like I say, it makes him too "smurfy". Which doesn't work for me, but I do like the idea of alluding to the original a bit via the color pallet... so how about a bit of purple?

Kuga_Maru Yup, you're right, that had been bugging me for a bit. I think the separation works now, how about you?

mnmava Here you go, as blue as I'll probably make him, but we have the red blood. What say you?

hosch Thanks bro!

He looks so realistic it's almost unbelievable Great job! Great this last color

EDIT: just watched the first one, and I think it's even better eheh

Hey Obz, great job on Skeletor so far. The latest post has definitely been my favorite iteration. The skin tones are more realistic and thus make the character more bellievable. I can't wait to see the final, keep it up.
    Fausto Tejeda
    Creature Artist
    www.pixolclay.com

Great approach now.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast