ZBrushCentral

My first sketchbook - Herve the frog

Hi guys,
my first post didn’t work so here I am again. I’m a programmer, I love painting / drawing / sculpting, when I have some spare time (not often enough unfortunately)

Here are my first projects. All comments / critics are welcome. I hope you’ll like it.

First project: Birth of the Earth daemon. He’s getting out of a weird organic soil.
Done by experimenting with Zspheres and basic sculpting.
1.jpg

Thx everybody.

Attachments

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Ok, here is the new version of the sad santa.
I added a couple missing things and modified the position so it gets closer to what I had in mind. Comments are more than welcome.

santa_views.jpg
Herve

Attachments

santa_close_up.jpg

I’ve had a little bit of time to work on the render, though it’s not finished.
Here is what it’s like, but I’ll have to learn a lot about lighting as of yet I suck at it :frowning:
Anyway, here it is… As usual, comments will help a lot :wink:
Thx

santa_render1.jpg

I got up early, so I change a couple materials to get an aspect more “furry” like on the white parts of the costume. I didn’t find a way of controlling the length and gravity of these parts so they are pretty raw, but I kinda like it this way.

Tell me what you think of it, it’s almost done now (except for the lighting, the text of the cardboard and the cigarette smoke)

santa_render3.jpg
Herve

Good work, I like the wired sculpt especially. If you ask me, looking at the body, santa’s face should be even more exaggerated, but caricature is an art form of it’s own.

Keep it up :+1:

Hi Cherub_rock
Thx for the feedback. I was indeed thinking of making the head bigger but I spent so much time doing the retopology that i got kind of burnt out with this one… I’ll try to finish it as it is, but I’ll keep your remark in mind.

Ok this is the last picture of this project … I’m satisfied with it, and I really feel like I’ve spent enough time on it, so this will be the final render.
santa_render3.jpg

Hope some of you will like it, just keep in mind I’m still discovering ZBrush :wink:

My next project will be a simple head study, basis for a zombie concept I thought of today.
Thx everybody

As I finished my zombie project, I update this…
I tried to illustrate (more for myself) the methodology used. The first idea was to do an anatomy study only, but I decided to apply what I made to a project I had in mind.

Here it is:

Workflow :
workflow1.jpg

Attachments

final_composition.jpg

As I moved on to my next idea, I post the final render of my previous project.

“Waking up”
render.jpg

I had a lot of fun doing it, and I still find the female body to be a mistery, really hard to modelize. Anyway, the next one’ll be better hopefully.

Herve

Hei Herve,
some good works there, like the last one, poetic and very promising.

JuanVal > Thx a lot. I really appreciate the comment.

I know that my first works suck, but I want to keep them as a reminder of where I come from, and so I can see my own improvement.

Anyway, the next project took a good start, I hope I’ll be able to keep in that direction :stuck_out_tongue:

The wolfen warrior being done (kind of) … I’ve moved to another project, in a very different style.

Here is a quick representation of the different steps, (retopology was made really early to correct the problems that appeared after the big transpose process).

Hope you like it.

workflow_illustration.jpg

Attachments

composition2.jpg