ZBrushCentral

Monday Night Challenge Returns : Head Modeling ( Final Week! ).

Stead thy hands and stay thine eyes and ingest these quickening words…let The Monday Night Challenge ensue! :smiley:

Thats right kiddies. I am here to reinstate the Monday Night Challenge. We have a lot of new faces around here and a MNC would help everyone to better understand ZBrush. To “Challenging” users to try more and learn more. Besides…its TONS’O FUN! Through the months, we will be tackling things like low-poly modeling, texturing, combining materials, post effects like hair and fire, lighting, Zifs (ZSpheres)…every facet of ZBrush that can be covered.
Our good buddys Mentat7 and Ron Harris are operators of an IRC channel dedicated to further extend the learning process. We pop in there every Monday and a few times during the week and weekends to provide live help with the challenge (or any other problem, ZBrush or no). I haven’t seen them around much but then again I have been a ghost myself. Those of you that are serious about kickin some ZButt are going to have a good chance to do just that. Those of you who just want to participate in the fun, well you’re welcome aboard too. Everybody’s welcome! Even you High-End users nudge-nudge. The Server name is nexus.sorcery.net and the ports are 6667 and 9000. The Channel is #zbrush3 (1 and 2 are closed).

Now, time for some details.

The duration of the Challenge will be two weeks. It used to be only one but a few of us found this to be a little too short. We later tried a month but this proved to be too long for some. So I think two weeks should be just right. You can bust knuckles the first week and get help the next or just take your time…whatever fits best.
For the first few challenges, I will be choosing the topics. I have a few in mind right now to help kickstart everyone. Afterward, someone will be chosen to pick the next topic. After two weeks, this person will choose the next topic starter and so on, and so on.
The challenge is open to demo and full users, old and new. All images and models will be fresh creations…no recycling. Everything must be ZBrush (This includes the render). If you have to do any postwork in painting apps like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, thats cool but Zbrush should be at least considered for this. It has a good set of postwork tools. Last but not least, we still abide by ZBC rules partaining to content.

Now, The challenge.

This MNC is going to be Head Modeling.

:large_orange_diamond:Must be ALL native ZBrush models.
      :large_orange_diamond:Doesn't have to be human.      ;)
      :large_orange_diamond:High or low poly.
      :large_orange_diamond:May use ANY ZPrimitive (Zif, ZSphere3D, ZCube, etc). 
      :large_orange_diamond:Try to have Eyelids, nose, lips, and ears from the same model (you may attach ears if need be).
      :large_orange_diamond:Must include a wire shot. (Uploading tools and ZScripts optional).
      :large_orange_diamond:Textured (optional but good practice).
      :large_orange_diamond:Try to use two or more materials like 
  moist lips and eye area (optional but good practice).
      :large_orange_diamond:Background optional.
      :large_orange_diamond:Eyes, teeth, and hair are also optional.

If anything comes up, I will ammend the parameters of the challenge.

Don’t forget IRC.

Good Luck and Happy ZBrushing

I would say this is a good basic start to get the newer members involved in the challenges and to get the challenges back on a roll. I should be in the chat room tonight. Hope to see you all there. :slight_smile:

hehe MTB , good to see the MNC again. It says head modeling , but not human head modeling right ?

In that case :
temporary image :

The OrbKeeper

im in MTB, heres one i been working at,very cool model namek

:+1: :+1: :+1:

Excellent start guys! :+1: :+1: :+1:
I too will be in IRC tonight but first I have to go try and sell my car. Might be a while but I will be there…its 4:20 here and I should be in IRC at about 7 to 8 so give me a few.

Peace

MTB

Great initiative MTB, I’m going to try and join the fun. Some neat pictures already, better start brushing right away.

OK here’s my hat…

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200307/user_image-1058242239ptv.jpg[/img]   

A little Update:

[Gallery Entry]

:large_orange_diamond:NOTES: :large_orange_diamond:
------------------------------
The head was made from a sphere3d. The ears were made from a sphere3d then placed seperately in the workspace. The hat is made from a hollow cylinder3d. The eyes were painted on the spheres first then the colors were unwrapped and enhanced on a flat background then MRGBZ grabbed.

Here are some wires just for you Mike.

cool ! challenge is back ! i am in too… only, what is IRC ?

Irc is a way of communicating with each other , just like the forum only in realtime.

you need a program like http://www.mirc.com

Type in the status window at the bottom
/server irc.sorcery.net

wait till it connects

Type
/join #Zbrush3

ah, thanks the namek. but is there such a tool also for mac ?

very nice entries already. i like your hat, mentat. my challenge contribution :wink:

[gallery entry]

EDIT : instead of showing only the wire of the final model i made this little tut. not that it is necessary, as we can see by the heads already there :slight_smile: but i wanted to emphasis a little texture trick pixolator told me once. this is that you can texture and then divide your model further and keeping the texture…

Great to see this back…IRC has been lonely lately…I will have to think about this one… :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hi everyone and MTB :)…I have never been apart of the Monday Night Challenge so it will be my pleasure to enter.
I wanted to ask if its possible to import say a low poly mesh from another app like Wings and then modify with Zbrush?

BTW wow what awsome creations so far … Mentat you work is absolutly amazing!!..It will be my ohnour to be able to compete against such great artists as your selves.

All the best and good luck to all :slight_smile:

Kiril

Great post here !! :smiley: :+1:
Good luck to all zfriends!!!

Ahh, I never could resist a MNC, good to see you’ve resurrected them MTB.

Here’s a WIP of my entry so far:

Cool images people, love the render on yours Mr Mentat.

MiK

:+1:     :+1:     :+1:     :+1:     :D

UPDATE

On to some texturing now…
:smiley:

UPDATE
Finished

[GalleryEntry]

:slight_smile:

Cool Challenge :cool
As soon as inspiration will come :slight_smile:
Pilou

Alright! Great stuff guys. Mentat that head is wicked awesome! I wanna see a wire of that bad boy!!

Kircho - One of the main objectives of all challenges is to start and finish in Zbrush…so I am sorry to say no imported mesh. Tell you what though, why don’t you post what you were going to import and we will see how to go about making the same starter mesh in ZBrush. :smiley: :+1:

Now I am glad I took the day off for the most part from work. Great to see the MNC going again. Great looking heads so far too I must say. Well here is the start of my own. Texturing will come next I guess. Made from a sphere, 1 piece and the count on the polys is 3876.

[GalleryEntry]

script

RonsJulyMNChead1.TXT

Textured it a bit and added some eyes

[GalleryEntry]

Will work on some hair for it later I guess…

Added hair today in z

[GalleryEntry]

My contribution.
Don’t shoot the pianoplayer.

Wow! great entries. Mentat7 great job on bringing toady to life.

Hi Fets
Bravo for the title, homage to François Truffaut :cool:
Pilou