ZBrushCentral

help!! i'm stuck in a nose

hi guys this is my first post in the forum (I think)
so i’m a beginner in this world and i have a problem that i have a very very very bad imagination
so to practice i’m making a random monster creature to practice a little and improve my skills (if i have one!)
and i made a good one (…in my opinion) and i’m run out of ideas i’m kind of stuck in how shall i make the mouth and nose (that where u come guys )
i saw ur works and it’s realy amazing , so i’m hoping that u give me some ideas about “the missing parts” and Criticize my work ,maybe some advises to improve my self (and by the way i want it to be scary)

and i like to point that this is my third model in zbrush (the first was an human ear , the second is an eagle head based on a tut that i found on the net).

so here is the pictures

[[attach=149417]monster_01.jpg[/attach]]monster 01.jpg

[[attach=149418]monster_02.jpg[/attach]]monster 02.jpg

Block in the shapes at the lowest division level possible, and keep defining them one by one, especially the mouth and the eyes, needless to say the overall shape of the head as well. Or get a job at Digic studios so you have your asrtistic freedom and let the “heavy-workers” do preset models for you so you don’t have to worry about the techniqalities :):+1:

I think that the shape is good and you could do a million things with it. You should take a look on You Tube and some of the techniques that people use to work around these concepts. There are some cool tutorials here too.

:idea:

I was working on a Wizards Head and was stuck on the ear, so I grabbed my Burne Hogarth book of anatomy, set it in front of my monitor and worked it out.

Use references. Take breaks from your work if you get stuck. Go back to it with an open mind and… use the force.

All will be good.

:smiley:

I think you had better go to see the movie,The Lord of the Ring,You will get your inspiration:+1:

thnx guys for the quick replys
“john strider’”: thnx for the image it’s lokking good i’ll try ur idea

“cherub_rock”: i didn’t understand much but i saw the word job in a studio and i’m just a beginner started like 2 weeks ago and i’m not from USA I’m from tunisia. and one question the job in these studios is open to every one?
and can it be online not work in an office or whatever u guys work.

“remcv8”: thnx :slight_smile: it’s so clear thati can’t say any thing (sorry lol)

i made some modifications in the model and i saw it like a “Ghazal warrior” from an old alien civilization that deans’t talk much but defend his kigdom
so here is the picture
oh and i haven’t figure out yet how shall i do the mouth and nose but this will be much easier than an open wolf mouth with big teeth

my brother didn’t like it (and i’m not sure that i do…:confused:) but here is the picture

if it is bad say to me :" it’s sucks !!! go back to the privious model and finish the werewolf thing"

[experiment.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘149543’,‘experiment.jpg’,1,0))

Hi dude,

I might look very direct, but if you have a bad imagination, work only on creating existing monsters. Some people are very good to execute, some are better to create and conceptualize.
Try something like a wherewolf, you will find a lot of references on the internet. Always work with references !
Keep on working. :wink:

well thnx hellgrind ok i’l try it