ZBrushCentral

Exodus: Game Wizards Project

Starting up a new game in the class I teach. Exodus. Nature gone crazy…humanities last stand.

This time I am taking on more art duties as well as teaching. I am doing this so I can document more of zbrush in game development for the students. Trying to push them in including zbrush in all of the work they do. I am going to try to document EVERY aspect of the level’s creation and try to use zbrush as much as possible.

Here is the first concept for the level I am doing. I blocked it out in zbrush. rendered in max to get some shadows, then painted over it in photoshop:)

ZBCTHUMB_01.jpg
[attach=150034]sewerpit_nickmarksconcept_team6.jpg[/attach]

zbrushblockout

[attach=150035]sewerpit_nickmarkszbrush_team6.jpg[/attach]

am going to try to post everything related to the game and zbrush on here.

Attachments

sewerpit_nickmarksconcept_team6.jpg

sewerpit_nickmarkszbrush_team6.jpg

Very interesting, will keep an eye on this thread. Nice work.:smiley:

It’s always great to see people making graphics for games or the games themselves so I am definately going to keep an eye on this thread.

The images you’ve posted so far are really cool for environment ideas.

thanks guys

here is the thumbnail I did before starting. My 2D skills aren’t what they used to be. I find I don’t have the patience to shade anymore. Or even crosshatch for that matter. It just feels like a waste of time. If i sketch i try to just focus on sillouettes, placement, and construction. And content of course. I knew wanted a few things…

skeletons
dead roots
skyscrapers with tree’s growing out of them
a ditch full of mud

photo.jpg

That is a very cool piece of artwork, and definately the kind of thing I like to see in terms of theme. Post/pre-apocalyptic themes are awesome in my opinion, great stuff!

This is really cool. will be interesting to see this one progress.
<input id=“gwProxy” type=“hidden”><!–Session data–><input onclick=“jsCall();” id=“jsProxy” type=“hidden”>

Very nice work and interesting workflow for concept art, definitely a thread I’ll be watching.

I love the skeleton in the foreground that’s face-first shoved into the mud. What is that in the water? I can’t tell of it’s fire or a floating baby duck :wink:

Really cool work man.

haha…baby duck. Well the idea is that it is going to be a human skull floating in water with a flower wrapped around it and growing out of it. Planning to make that clearer in future concepts

Nick

So…doing concepts for a bit deeper into the level now. The flower in the first pic turns into a giant plant monster. It drags you down under the earth into these catacombs.

zbrush models i started with

zbrushrenders.jpg

Attachments

zbrushrenders1.jpg

Very cool stuff Nicholas, what kind of gameplay genre is this game going to be (that is if you’re actually making the game), will it be a platformer, RPG, FPS, have you decided?

This is looking really good.

Poor bugs! :slight_smile:
May I ask you what count is the environment at? Is it all one piece?

Wow,…very creative and amazing use of ZB for environment… Do post more…I’d love to learn your great work flow.

Hey SeanL…we are using the Unreal 3 engine…so we doing an FPS…but we are going to add stuff like grappling hook etc. Still working out how to make it unique.

Moni- the model was about 3 million when i finished with it.

Oh that’s coolio Nicholas, actually I might PM you about that, I did some game design for a few years so I might be able to help you think of unique features, if you want the help.

great work, you have a good feel for your rocky environments. :cool:

Looks awesome! Very well done! :+1:

Wow! Fantastic work! I love the idea of doing most everything in ZBrush. It looks great!