Member Follow User Gallery

Default My first zThread

Hello zbrusher's!

This is a very late created thread mostly couse I am very tired of starting with own projects and leaving it aside half way through to dust in, so I am very excited to join this community and hope to learn from all the creative people roaming here and be inspired enough so that I may not give up anymore.

Here it goes, this project started when I got a idea for a paperlike/wierd alien/bug like troll and the idea developed to a more "realistic" troll riding a mount and further more the way the mount is steered by the troll. The steering is based on the troll having a rabbit hanging in front of the mount with the help of a fishing pole.

I would appreciate any suggestions, critics and directions. The idea is to do some hopefully awesome stuff with zbrush and finally create a showreel.

crawlerTroll.jpg
    trollsMount.jpg
    trollMountScene.jpg

Default .

nice work dud keep up da gud work

great start, looks cool, looking forward to seeing more.

My 1 suggestion at this point is maybe the chariot looking platform would look cooler if it was much bigger. That beast could carry something huge if it wanted im sure.

keep it up.

Thx for the comments!

macgregor_oi:
    You are absolutely right!, thx for pointing me in the right direction. I will be thinking about another kind of solution, maybe even removing the chariot and replacing it with a weird saddle or something...

Trying to keep my hands full with different projects right now so that I may not get bored when stuck. I will post and update when I get back to this one.. thx again!!

ehmm.. a question.

So I wanted to start working on the mount, giving it more detail and such. And I figured that the current division wasn't enough in some places so I tried to do another "divide" but the mesh got really heavy over 18m I think. That was by no means possible to work with lots of wait time slow feedbacks. Therefor I went with "group visible" and cut the mesh into smaller pieces that I could use as subtools. So now is my question how would that effect the final result? I would imagine that there will be seams that I have to tackle at the end.. or is the a way to go around that?

divideProblem.JPG

Senior Member Follow User Gallery

sORRY I CANT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION PROPPERLY... BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT YOURE ON TO SOME BRILLIANT **** .. I LOVE IT... MAYBE YOU CAN TRY THE DECIMATION MASTER TO LOWER YOUR POLY COUNT???

Hello guys!

Just wanted to post a image of the current project that I will be prioritizing for the coming 2 days.. I will be trying to add subtle muscle definition. And will see where I´ll take this from there! any suggestion or critics are most welcome along tha way.

dp-startScene01.JPG

I love the last piece -- so beautiful! No critique. Can`t wait to see the next update.

BTW..

B187: thx for the feedback!
    I think that the "decimation master" is for reducing poly count on the final model where the modeling process is done.

Moni-Poroni: that was a really fast reply! thx for the comment!

Some minor changes, And now I will start with the subtle muscles as I said before.. I have been looking at some reference it seams the most visible muscle definition is around the leg areas and a little in the face. Obviously most muscles are cover by the fat and skin in a calm pose as this.

dp-startScene02.jpg

ok dude about your mount, before i broke my hand a month ago i started doing few dinos, didnt finish it, but i used the same idea to split the model in many parts, when baking the models on to a low pol;ly in game one, there were no seams visible. What you do is go to lowest sub level, assing difrent poly groups then where you want to split the mesh and then go back up and preass split by polygroup. then just reconstruct all sub levels. after that you crease the edges, and then divide, you schould get no seams. Also 18mln is way to high, i got to 5 mln an all subtools after the split and could add even the smalest detail. you still didnt even touch the polycount on witch you are now O_o
    the small seam at the tail of my moel will be gone ass soon as i set a highr ress and aa, since its the foult of the way zbrush renders not the mesh ;]
    Hope that helps

2 copy.jpg

New Member Follow User Gallery

The only thing I can see that I would improve upon for your alien and his ride is the fact that the alien himself has a bit of an awkward foot. The ankle is wonderful and strong but the joint that puts his foot on the ground (Digitigrade toe?) looks rubbery and a bit too weak to hold up his weight. I can't quite place it, but I feel like he doesn't look grounded on his feet because of that problem. Then again, it might be all part of his design. ^ ^ Excellent work and keep it up! 8D
    ~"Dreamcatcher, Dreamcatcher; Can you catch me falling?"~

slocik:
    wow! great, I think I know what you meant there. I'm gonna try that out later. And btw great dino you got there, so cool. I hope its all okey with your hand now! would like to see more stuff like that dino!

Laura.Jolly:
    thx! you are right about that. I will try to make the joint between the foot and ankle joint look stronger and more supportive.

great comments!! really helped!

And now another small update on the deer family.
    dp-startScene03.jpg

well I now I think the "white tailed deer" buck is getting close to a final stage when it comes to modeling. Please make a comment if you got any critics or suggestions!

dp-startScene04.jpg

Hello dear zBrushers,

I've been away from 3d/zbrush for a while, but I'm back now and I hope I can have the discipline to keep doing 3d without straing away again.

So here is some progress of the last few days.
    I know that I have some unfinnished projects left from earlier posts, but hopefully I can get back to those and bring them to a finale stage.

maleAnatomy-learning.jpgmaleAnatomy-learning02.jpgmaleAnatomy-learning03.jpgmaleAnatomy-learning04.jpg

Looking forward to all the critis I get!

/Nordin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast