ZBrushCentral

Club Safari Characters- - Samson on page 2

I have been working on this a bit. Nothing terribly groundbreaking here, just fun basically. This is Nicki, a Koala bear from my comic strip called Club Safari. I submitted this comic strip a while back for syndication but was turned down by several syndicates. Oh well, try, try again. I hope you enjoy this character though and he brings a smile to your face. When things settle down I will have to post some of the originals. Enjoy!!

Reaching for the stars!!
Nicely done imagery… good luck on your future submissions!
Best regards,
Michael

Star seems in butter !
It’s for that the koala catch them :smiley:
Pilou

Very nice and delicate
Congratulations

Thanks for the responses. It’s always nice to know something you produce is looked at and enjoyed! Now I forgot to ask my question concerning this picture. When I create a ZSphere model and then skin it, can’t I use the unified skin and then adaptive skin that model? I know somewhere it has been discussed about using the two skinning methods to achieve a lower poly count. If anyone has any ideas or know this procedure please let me know. Thanks, and thanks for viewing again! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I believe you can do that. Lonnie would be a good one to ask directly about that though. (my guru) Cut bear. I hope that you do continue to plug away at getting a character submitted and accepted. I bet you were pretty close with this one. :+1: :+1: :+1:

I like the character and the fiber work on him. I also like what you did with the stars as well.

Nice job. :+1: :slight_smile:

As to your question, you can’t create an adaptive skin from a unified skin, but you can create a unified skin from an adaptive skin. Maybe this would help?

very cute image… and hes a really cool character.

Ron! Where in the heck have you been?! Summertime keeping you busy? Thanks for the responses, and WO thanks for the tip on the skinning. Too bad the adaptive skin looked terrible for this one. I still have to get the set up down. Thanks again!

Baxter here is the second character from my comic strip Club Safari. Poor Baxter never could get it quite right. He never could get a tree to fall for him no matter how hard he would work at it. Some called it weird, others like Mick said he was in perfect balance with the world. To this Baxter would ask, “What is balance?” What?! You don’t know who Mick is? Well, stay tuned and you shall meet him…

[img]http://www2.zbrushcentral.com/uploaded_from_zbc/200307/user_image-1058961818ead.jpg[/img]

Oops, forgot the details. All Zbrush except a slight bit of blurring and copyright. Thanks again WingedOne for the tips on the grass. Thanks to Mentat for helping WO with the grass who helped me. :smiley:

these are very well-modelled characters placed into a great world, D! :+1: :+1: :+1: they remind me of walt kellys pogo, which since many years has been a fav of mine… extremely cute! i am in awe of baxters background-tree, too - an overall great project! best of lucks!

• juandel

I really love this kind of picture and your comments.Its make me smile spontaneously. Very very nice.
Congratulations.

very cute characters. i like how they resemble and yet are different personalities.

Thanks for the responses and compliments. I am fairly attached to these characters. I just can’t seem to let them go, so any project I can use them in I try. Just to keep them alive and kicking. Mick is on his way! Hopefully moving into our house this week won’t interfere too much! Ha! Ha! :slight_smile: Thanks again!

Well, here he is finally. Mick the Panda. He is the philosopher of the group and you have just caught him in the act of remembering he is a bear. Mick reminds himself he is a bear, and “Why in the world am I gnawing on this Bamboo?!!” Samson wouldn’t care though, he’ll eat anything. Who is Samson? Stick around and you will see. Any guesses as to Samson’s character? I am looking for some feedback on this one. The black was a little more difficult to work with, so I had to improvise a bit. 121 please.

Thanks for taking a look.

DMERCHEN, i like a lot¡¡¡¡ This is a refreshing post…i see it and makes me feel happy, and everytime i have near me my little child 3 years old that when he saw it,say mami mami looks¡¡¡
Congratulations¡¡¡¡

These are all great images! my fovorite however is the one with the beaver, Congratulations, and thanks for sharing these images.

Hi D. I have to tell you, these images are quite wonderful to view. As it was already said, “refreshing.” Just sitting here, I find a lot of joy in looking at them. Very well done.

I love all of your Club Safari characters. I hope they find a home in print someday.

Anyway, when working with black, rather than making something black, what I do is make it a dark gray rather than black. It’ll still be dark enough that the viewer would perceive it as black, but it interacts with light better than pure black would.

Keep up the good work. :+1:

Love them all Dmerchen , but I couldnt help but notice that in 2 of the images the tree casts a shadow onto the clouds/sky.
Forgot to use flat material ? :stuck_out_tongue: