Senior Member Follow User Gallery

Possibly It's paintstop as a pun on pitstop, the automobile racing term.

also- THANK YOU PIXOLOGIC!
    SquidWatch

SquidWatch

Default Great Plug-In

Hello,
    Many thanks to all the Pixologic team for the amazing works of these months: in a few period so many plug-in and soon the ZBrush 4 version... WoW, a real FireWorks!

Compliments for your incredible work. Is nice to see so many enthusiasm from the software team side... it is contagious

Best Regards and Greetings from Italy,
    Mattia

Default Timing!

Pixologic here's a HUGE thanks! Last week I went out and bought more paper, charcoal pencils, and another kneedable eraser. I did a little search and there were a couple of programs that seemed to do the job, but other software needed purchasing. Thanks to you guys scanning ideas won't be necessary any more!
    Gary
    Keep pushin' those pixols, and tappin' to the code!

USA on Planet Earth somewhere in the Universe

Pixolator and team just came throught the time warp and brought back the Zx1 ZPulseartor we pulled in to the pitstop to tune the Pulsearators' and she kicks through space like a dream.

I see you put ZBrush in the pitstop and crancked out the Paintstop plugin rev up to Zbrush.

I know the VR adapter for ZBrush has been on the backbunner - cool to see PaintStop added now for ZPuppeteer of 3d models
    Z2.5 - Z3D - ZPuppeteer

Special Thanks to marcus_civis
    SpaceMan's Space Book Journal On ZBrush
    http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthr...rnal-On-ZBrush

Wormholes were first introduced to the public over a century ago in a book written by an Oxford mathematician. Perhaps realizing that adults might frown on the idea of multiply connected spaces, he wrote the book under a pseudonym and wrote it for children. His name was Charles Dodgson, his pseudonym was Lewis Carroll, and the book was Through The Looking Glass. ***8212; Michio Kaku

It's kind of fun to do the impossible...
    - Walt Disney

Very very nice Marcus. Thank you Pixologic crew

Guess it is back to reading Drawing on the Right side of the Brain for me.
    Mark

What a great plugin!! Having fun trying out all the brushes. really great how you can lay down a stroke and then use the transforms, ie scale move or rotate straight after. Loving the clone brush too! Would be great to have layers that you can blend like in photoshop, But all in all, love it! Well done pixologic.

Wow, this came out of left field! Fantastic! With layers?? Don't you guys ever stop? Thanks, 50.

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Finally.... we get the cool sketching plugin back and it does really cool stuff!

I think I like where this is leading us....
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Yup, this is a pretty cool addition. Its just going to take some getting used to. I wish there was a drop to canvas option or something. I know there is a way to sample colors in zb like an eyedropper tool but I have forgotten how.

I also wish that there were more layers or it was easier to work with the ones that are there. It is really exciting to think of the illustration possibilities for this. Hopefully there will come a time when I wont have to use photoshop ever again.

Does anybody know if an external file be imported into paintstop? That would be awesome if I could paint up something that was drawn traditionally.

The 'Internet' baby! What wonderful scenery! And the realestate is still cheap...

Quick test.... My niece Loren...

Will post the rest later...

Picture 56.jpg
    Jason Belec
    Kiss Your Sister Studios... YEAUCH

Eternal Zsphere thread : 'Origins' begins... : Liquid Maya

Jason can be reached at Cowboy Feng's Spacebar and Grill. If you know where it is, you are indeed privileged. It's your round.

'Obey me! I am ROOT!'

Are you guys able to change the document size? When I click image resolution Width and Height are locked into 960x720. I can change the resolution.

Very nice!
    thank you so much...
    stee+cats
    monster2u.com
    cresshead.com

-e n d o f l i n e-

New Member Follow User Gallery

Wyatt, you should check your document size configurations in the main interface. Attached is a screen shot of my edit/image resolution tab and I also can't change the width and height, but I can change it under the "document" drop down menu in the main interface.

My thoughts:

1) please include "rotate canvas" at some point

2) making ZBrush a full 64bit app will improve memory management; right now the slow down is too great when changing canvas texture or selecting the eraser

3) as others have said, layers are critical

Otherwise, the implementation is excellent. Great feel.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2009-08-03_ZBrush_screen.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	21.9 KB 
ID:	151404  
    Last edited by Argopo; 08-03-09 at 05:06 PM.

Default Just a quick overview of PaintStop

Just clearing some things up. PaintStop does have layers. Currently you have access to two layers with transparency controls. Layers do not have procedural blend modes... Hint Hint! The layer transparency control's a little funky though coz the effect resembles an overlaid sheet of paper rather than a gel like in Photoshop. Currently, I haven't found anything that does 'drop to canvas' other than exporting it. There's no lazy brush in PaintStop but mouse average is there and it does help smooth strokes out a little bit.

The look and behavior of the natural media tools is pretty good but I wouldn't unistall PS or Painter just yet. I don't really care for the smudge brush coz it's effect is like Photoshops and is too digitized in nature for a natural media tool... Painter smudging good, Photoshop smudging baaaad. Color Blend is a really nice wash tool though... A good wash tool's a hard one.

PaintStop is quite limited compared to Photoshot and Painter. For starters, there are no selection tools and alpha channels or limited Wacom support. It does have masks and stencils though. Obviously, it's not Pixologic's intent to replace those programs, hence the name PaintStop. I think they're just getting back to their roots and balancing out ZB a bit with this plugin which is definitely well suited for that purpose. It would be really nice though to have better Wacom support though. Perferably full support for 6D pens.

Last, this is also currently available for 3.1 on PC in case anyone missed that.
    Last edited by rarukufan; 08-03-09 at 06:43 PM.

Member Follow User Gallery

I had stuff I needed to get done today, now i spent my whole day playing with paintstop. Thanks Pixologic, I like it a lot. Photoshop is my main tool for image editing, I had been toying with the idea of upgrading my ancient copy of Painter, looks like that will be uneccesary now. Thanks again.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891016 ... LastLast